Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol but they're different directors. Earthsea was his first movie.

Sure you can call it a Miyazaki film but there are two Miyazaki's now so calling Earthsea a Miyazaki film is pretty misleading.

Also lol yeah YLA I don't see a problem with actually buying Spirited Away.

Posted

@Saha: xD I dunno, they were just selling grab bags at Con Bravo. Though tbh while its like 5 DVDs and a doll, its not that great either as like I don't want 4 of the DVDs and the doll, pff.

Yeah YLA you should just buy Spirited Away; DVD's not that much money.

After work today I'm gonna watch Redline (finally, freeeee tiiiiimmme~)

Posted

Or, you know, just torrent the movie. Why does no one know how to torrent things. : (

Also, Eka, don't spoil it. Or I'll beat your face. Even though you probably wouldn't have. Although, /a/ has a puppying sticky for 1080p version, so I guess it must be amazing or something. Or maybe they're just mad about it not having a sub for years.

Posted

I only torrent things when they're like whole series of things and movies I can't buy on DVD

Totally prefer watching stuff on DVD

Posted

@Saha: xD I dunno, they were just selling grab bags at Con Bravo. Though tbh while its like 5 DVDs and a doll, its not that great either as like I don't want 4 of the DVDs and the doll, pff.

But. FIVE DVDs.

THAT'S LIKE A HUNDRED DOLLARS OF MERCHANDISE.

You could at least sell them online. And if you haven't watched some of the series, why not watch them now? ): I got a single DVD, a single (THE LAST) volume of a manga, and three figurines, one of which was some random fanservice mass produced figurine, one of which is a B-Daman, and the other of which is a figurine from a show that hasn't existed in forever.

I would much rather have a bunch of DVDs.

jerk

I bet you paid like twenty dollars for it, too.

):

Sahaqiel

Posted

Spirited away is available on DVD, with Japanese audio track with English subtitles. Or is that an issue with your parents won't let you get it?

Also lol yeah YLA I don't see a problem with actually buying Spirited Away.

Yeah YLA you should just buy Spirited Away; DVD's not that much money.

The problem with those 3 statements is that I am broke. I have no money currently.

Either way I watched it on Dub Happy and I found it without a time limit meaning I finished it. I was good and I enjoyed it. It was slow at first like all movies, but once it got 30 minutes in it was good. I thought it looked cool when it first came out, but I didn't think it would be that good.

Next on my list of anime movies is Summer Wars.

Posted

But. FIVE DVDs.

THAT'S LIKE A HUNDRED DOLLARS OF MERCHANDISE.

You could at least sell them online. And if you haven't watched some of the series, why not watch them now? ): I got a single DVD, a single (THE LAST) volume of a manga, and three figurines, one of which was some random fanservice mass produced figurine, one of which is a B-Daman, and the other of which is a figurine from a show that hasn't existed in forever.

I would much rather have a bunch of DVDs.

jerk

I bet you paid like twenty dollars for it, too.

):

Sahaqiel

Yeah I plan on probably selling the 4 online (I don't have a local store that'll take used anime DVDs. I've got one really good one that I always used to go to, but recently they made it a rule that anime DVDs are not being displayed in that store; hmf. :[ Probably because they don't sell as well as other stuff), so maybe eBay. I have an account for buying stuff there; selling shouldn't be difficult.

Well I mean I'm keeping Freedom and watching that show when I finish other series. And despite how fanservice-packed the covers of Godannar look, I might check it out; I mean it might not even be that bad. *shrugs* I also took 2 DVDs off my friend who didn't want them from her grab-bag cause the series looked kinda nice (don't know why she didn't want them, seriously). I forget the title 'cause its long, but eventually I'll watch them (on DVD and online. That'll be interesting, pff).

And one grab bag was around like $30, yeaaahhh. xD;

@Muffin: No worries, if I talk about it, it'll only be like 'FFFFYEAH THAT WAS INTENSE' or 'FFFFNO, GIMME MY 2 HOURS BACK'.

Enjoy Summer Wars, YLA. :3 That was one of the movies I watched online subbed and eventually bought. <3

EDIT: Aaaand finished Redline!

Kay, ohmydearlord. I need to siddown and like, recover from how much adrenaline was in that movie.

INTENSITY. THE ENTIRE TIME.

And just... yes, OHMYGOD YES. I do hope some English company licenses this soon.

I can't imagine how fantastic it would look on a TV. <3

Or on Blu-Ray. BLU-RAY. *_*

Overall, 9/10.

And I also have Trava to watch (as a side story to Redline)

so its not even technically over yet~

tumblr_lpiz2dsxfP1qzks3n.gif

Posted

Did you not download the 1080p version? Like, 1080p = Blu-ray. Or just get a bigger computer screen. Or hook the screen up to the TV.

Also, stop spoiling stuff, GOSH.

I was good and I enjoyed it. It was slow at first like all movies

Young Link Addict was good and all movies are slow. All movies.

Posted

Overall, 9/10.

You know what else you gave a nine out of ten that had action and a color in its title?

Black Rock Shooter.

Posted

I heard [HotD] based on a manga

i read part of that manga, it bored me due to it being so traditional zombie-invasion story. that kind of thing doesnt do well in a manga, imo. but im pretty sure it was just like them anime.

YLA, HotD's stupid fanservice isn't because of Japan.

I think HotD really is the only thing that is purposely that bad.

theres probably more in the /that bad/ category, but arguably on purpose.

Speaking of chainsaws.

kore. wa. zonbie. desu. ka. >w> also based on BOTH a manga and a light novel. given peoples responses to it, it kainda makes me wonder.

Yuriko must be half tentacle monster.

going. in my. sig.

Posted

Chimetals, when I see you tomorrow, you better be prepared for the tentacles.

Posted

but im not a scantily clad japanese schoolgirl~if anything, YOURE the japanese schoolgirl <3

on an unrelated note, i think my avatar is affecting how i choose to type. ive been more "<3"-y lately. and kainda malicious. "wheres your ethanol, teto? <3" and all that.

Posted

but im not a scantily clad japanese schoolgirl~if anything, YOURE the japanese schoolgirl <3

I tried to hear it in your voice. You sounded really stupid.

Posted

heh. how can you hear it in my voice? every time i try to hear something in someone elses voice, it just sounds like my voice doing a bad impression of them =_='''

Posted

I have your voice ingrained in my memory. Yes. I am just that stalker.