Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

What anime is that from? It's piqued my interest...

It's One Piece. Have fun trying to get to the part that has this character. She's at least 10 arcs into the series. She's decently Cascade though.

Posted

Only about episode 340 episodes in, yeah.

Posted

Reading it is better anyway... takes less time, too. I got from Long Ring Long Island to the beginning of Punk Hazard in a week or two. Those were some tearful one-two weeks. I feel like because I'm up-to-date, I'm not feeling it as much because I have to wait a week for each chapter and it doesn't have the same impact as reading the full story. I'll have to reread it at some point or something or maybe it's just not as good as it used to be. Fishman Island felt a little underwhelming. Dressrosa can definitely go somewhere big though, especially with several big names being connected to him and a few other things still waiting to be revealed that will probably be crazy.

Posted

I just finished Battle Tendency. Jojo is such a good example or efficient storytelling. No time is wasted and it doesn't feel rushed either. I get to know these characters in 15 episodes better than some who stick around for hundreds of episodes in other shounen series. And even better, every fight is unique and the death scenes are top-tier. To know Jojo is to know true love.

Sahaqiel, T1g and pheonix561 like this

Posted

So, I finally watched Hotarubi no Mori e despite the fact that I told myself that I shouldn't because the ending was spoiled for me.

I watched it anyway because it was there.

Like Youtube was telling me that I needed more feels (I don't need more feels. Ever.)

My eyes are leaking.

Need more tissues.

Eka likes this

Posted

Jojo is such a good example or efficient storytelling.

Yeah, T1g and I were obsessing over that too when we watched it. No charge-up arcs, not prolonged training arcs, it's got arcs with acts, and it wastes no time in getting the story told. It's pretty awesome in that regard.

T1g and Agent Zako like this

Posted

Jojo is the pinnacle of the shounen genre

Posted

Hey. Would you categorize Fist of the North Star as Shonen? Some people do but I always feel like its not quite there

Posted

There is a flashback, within a flashback

it is super shounen

Posted

Reading it is better anyway... takes less time, too. I got from Long Ring Long Island to the beginning of Punk Hazard in a week or two. Those were some tearful one-two weeks. I feel like because I'm up-to-date, I'm not feeling it as much because I have to wait a week for each chapter and it doesn't have the same impact as reading the full story. I'll have to reread it at some point or something or maybe it's just not as good as it used to be. Fishman Island felt a little underwhelming. Dressrosa can definitely go somewhere big though, especially with several big names being connected to him and a few other things still waiting to be revealed that will probably be crazy.

Once I'm caught up to the most recent finished arc or saga I plan to just stop and wait until the next arcs are animated, and move onto buying the manga, and reading it volume by volume in the printed format to just drag it out. Wanting to read it all because it would be more concise as you say.

Posted

I just finished Battle Tendency. Jojo is such a good example or efficient storytelling. No time is wasted and it doesn't feel rushed either. I get to know these characters in 15 episodes better than some who stick around for hundreds of episodes in other shounen series. And even better, every fight is unique and the death scenes are top-tier. To know Jojo is to know true love.

Agreed. You absolutely need to go read part 3 now. It only gets better. I'd like to talk about part 3, too, so I'm going to just go ahead and spoiler this:

I think the pinnacle of part 3 for Jotaro is the fight with D'arby the Gambler, not the fight with Dio. Dio's fight was pretty incredible to be sure, but that was more about ending the arc, seeing Dio finally die, and everyone putting up a good fight or dying and so on and so forth. Yes Jotaro certainly shined brightly there, but it was for everyone. The individual stand fights were way more personal and one on one, and lots of the characters had their own shining moments in those, too, where everyone else would have failed. Like Kakyoin fighting the baby would probably be called kakyoin's shining moment. And for that, Jotaro vs D'arby was absolutely intense, especially since it came directly after two humor arcs, complete with gay grandpa dances. It went from light hearted/goofy to the most intense fight of the series to date. D'arby wasn't playing any games(even though he totally was). In fact, I think I would call it and the final fight with dio the defining moments of part 3.

Posted

Cascade

wooser.jpg

It has come to this

Posted

Cascade if my previous post wasn't clear, Wooser is getting a second season

and that means that we are going to watch regardless of whether or not we want to

(I think we still want to watch it)