Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

Think of it like the different arcs of One Piece. With the first being East Blue (Part 1), next being Alabasta (Part 2), Skypiea (Part 3), and so on. Except with this, it's a new main character for each part and some recurring characters between them. Stardust Crusaders is the third "arc" of JoJo.

The old JoJo anime from 1993 is also an adaption of part 3, but it was only an adaption of that part. The current animated series started from the first part and will most likely continue indefinitely.

Posted (edited)

Stardust Crusaders is part 3. The first 2 parts are Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency, both of which are shorter and also on crunchyroll. Phantom Blood deals with Jonathon Joestar and Dio, and Battle Tendency deals with a younger Joseph Joestar.

edit: well shit, you beat me to it

Edited by DR SHRUBBERY! (see edit history)

Posted

So if "Stardust Crusaders" is part three, what is part one called? And how many episodes were in the first 2 parts?

EDIT- Ah, thanks EDA. <3

Posted

On an unrelated note, I got my copy of Spirited Away in the mail. I don't know why, but like 4 days ago I decided that I needed to watch Spirited Away again.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

I'm still sick of Spirited Away after Cartoon Networking played it literally every single day one summer. Not really, for either statements, but still. I'll have to rewatch it at some point though, especially with this new and tasty Bluray that just came out.

Speaking of Ghibli though, I finished off every single movie this summer. Along with every movie unrelated to a series that I have downloaded. It feels good to have nothing in my "Movies" folder. Same for "OVAs". My "Series" folder is a whole other beast though... with 62 folders... each with a series that's most likely 13-39 episodes long or spanning multiple seasons, like Hidamari Sketch, or Ghost in the Shell with two 26-episode seasons and two movies. And then there's the stuff I don't have downloaded.

One day. One day...

Posted

Spirited Away is my favorite movie. Its the only flick i've watched over a dozen times and have yet to get bored of. Ive owned it on DVD for a long time, but you say its coming out on Blu-ray? Awwwww yes.

Posted

I think it's really funny that they used "Roundabout" by Yes as the ending theme to Jojo. Reminds me of when I saw the Deathnote Liveaction movie in theaters with my sister. The ending credits plays "Californication" and we were both very confused.

Posted

Also laughing at the REO Speedwagon reference. Except it's an actual character. omg

T1g and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Also laughing at the REO Speedwagon reference. Except it's an actual character. omg

You ain't seen NOTHIN yet

DR SHRUBBERY!, PrimaGaga and T1g like this

Posted

So if "Stardust Crusaders" is part three, what is part one called? And how many episodes were in the first 2 parts?

EDIT- Ah, thanks EDA. <3

Basically, its like this

Part 1, Phantom Blood, deals with the conflict between English Gentleman Jonathan Joestar and his adopted brother turned vampire Dio Brando

Part 2, Battle Tendency, deals with Jonathan's grandson, Joseph Joestar, an American British guy and the Pillar Men, who are basically super vampires

Part 3, Stardust Crusaders, deals with Joseph's grandson, Jotaro Kujo (joseph's daughter married a japanese man), which is the part thats currently airing

Part 4, Diamond is Unbreakable, is a slice of life...with Stands!

Part 5, Vento Aureo (italian for Golden Wind) is the story of Giorno Giovanna (GioGio) in Italy as he tries to work his way to the top of the mafia

Part 6, Stone Ocean, deals with Jotaro's daughter, Jolyne, who has been falsely accused and thrown in Prison

Part 7, Steel Ball Run, involves a transcontinental horse race and a conspiracy involving the corpse of jesus christ

Part 8, Jojolion, is still going right now

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

So Stands are introduced in part 3, but are they persistent in the series after that? I think they are cool.

Posted

Yeah, Araki describes it in an interlude in part 7, but basically think of techniques like the Ripple and the Spin(part 7's version of the Ripple) as techniques that humanity developed in a subconscious pursuit of perfection, in the form of developing stands. Or something like that, i read part 7 over a year ago, and frankly I can't find where in the 24 volumes those 5 pages were lol.

For reference, Part 7 looks significantly different from the other parts in terms of style

Gyro_smile.png