Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

I am not saying T&B is bad, I'm saying it's a whore. Not all whores are bad, you know.

In regards to episode 25:

Even Double45 (who I often rage at over how much of a whore T&B is, but he remains faithful to the series) agrees with me when I say that the sequel hook at the end was the most stupid thing ever. Like really? No one has ever gotten a dollar bill wet before? They teach us about watermarks in SCHOOL, and Stern Bild just skims over it? Double45 said he wanted some closure, but then the old guy wasn't even the leader of Ouroboros. I assured him I knew this would happen. If they were already milking the series as it was playing, why wouldn't they milk it for a second season?

Though I did say that without a second season, Lunatic sort of becomes a pointless background character, so it'll be good for his arc/development, and to delve deeper into Ouroboros.

And Penguindrum, hrnngg.

I don't know if you have encountered a lot of themes done by Yakushimaru Etsuko, (the ones she's done so far in recent memory are Natsu no Arashi! Akinai-Chuu [OP, SHAFT], Tatami Galaxy [ED, MADHOUSE], Arakawa Under the Bridge/x Bridge [OPs, SHAFT] and now Mawaru Penguindrum [OP, Brains Base]) but they're all just the loveliest things ever. As soon as the theme started playing for Penguindrum, I paused and was like, "Wait. I bet this is Yakushimaru Etsuko." and I was right. She sings really distinctly, and her lyrics are always really fluffy sounding, or are really enchantingly eloquent.

I am in the middle of episode 8. Like, I don't see why you think this is overstepping boundaries lol. It's just showing the happening of out of the ordinary incidents. These things happen in real life. (in regards to the relationships, not the penguin related stuff lol)

For anyone who's watching Penguindrum:

Is it overstepping boundaries to cover taboo relationships? If it were smut, I wouldn't have much respect for it, but so far it's reserved and carries itself well. There's nothing bad about the way Mawaru Penguindrum does things, so far. Now, if we were all watching Kiss x Sis or Sleeping with Hanako, and of course, Highschool of the Dead... I don't see where very tame incest and stalking themes even compare to things like the titles I just mentioned. And they are popular, so you can't say that Penguindrum is doing anything out of the ordinary. If anything's out of the ordinary, it's that they're presenting this in a way that isn't completely smut or drama.

Though the series is just flat-out insane.

So yeah, gonna' watch the rest of this animu.

Sahaqiel

Posted

chimetals i think the image i linked should be your avatar

[1:05:23 AM] Chimetals: nah.

[1:05:59 AM] Chimetals: i like my obscure character better <3 because then when someone identifies it, ill be able to punch them over the internet, and then become pals of secret characters

[1:06:13 AM] That1guy: but

[1:06:28 AM] That1guy: you literally have not been able to say that in a way that doesn't make you a hipster

[1:07:30 AM] Chimetals: its not a hipster thing

[1:07:43 AM] Chimetals: its an obscure game that requires a certain strange mentality thing

[1:07:54 AM] That1guy: it is just

[1:07:57 AM] That1guy: too deep

[1:08:01 AM] That1guy: i wouldnt understand

[1:08:06 AM] Chimetals: so deep

[1:08:17 AM] Chimetals: if it got any deeper, youd get stuck.

Posted

Isitbadthatonlysexualinnuendocametomind?

Posted

saha you need to recommend more grab bags and generally get on JAC forums more

how will you work your way into their hearts if they dont know you

Posted

Isitbadthatonlysexualinnuendocametomind?

no, for reasons you cant comprehend, because theyre just so deep.

Posted

Unbelievably deep.

Posted

Though I did say that without a second season, Lunatic sort of becomes a pointless background character, so it'll be good for his arc/development, and to delve deeper into Ouroboros.

Yes, 100%. I felt that he was a neat character (and I'm glad he at least got a backstory) but he needed more airtime for his purpose.

I mean even at this point, are all the heroes gonna be like 'Stop killing people' and then he'll be all 'No, hear the voice of Thanatos' and then it just repeats? Like, they just sorta left him alone. :\ Not that he's a straight up villain per se, but its not something the heroes stand for.

And eventually Tiger's gonna have to retire:his power is still declining. :c

As for Penguindrum, Iunno it seemed like overstepping normal boundaries in that its a typical fun show which is not heavy on a specific genre. I don't label it as yaoi, or yuri, or hentai or whatever because it has hints to some of these, but its not a focus. I love Ringo's story, but I was surprised when they mentioned stuff like

her pretty much wanting to rape the guy so that destiny could come true. Now, its not so crazy since we find out its all for becoming her sister in a sense, but I was just really surprised because of the show's genre. I'm wondering when they'll get back to the apparent incest between Kanba and the sister. Maybe it wasn't, since it hasn't been brought up since, but maybe they'll get back to it and more crazy stuff will happen?

Posted

is there ever going to be another animenight

Posted

Next animenight will be showing Redline, just saying. I don't care what Shaq says. We're watching Redline. In 720p. Converted to Shit20p via stream. But, still.

Redline. Be there. whenever "there" is in time.

Posted

i puppying torrented both astro fighter sunred and DearS

if we arent watching DearS i will just delete it from my computer. no sense taking up space with BAD ANIME

Posted

three words: external. hard. drive.

Posted

i dont have one though :<

i should probably ask for one at some point

also if you link me to a download/torrent i will download redline

Posted

we'll watch DearS

but Mufn is like, "I'm never going to collaborate with you on this because I'm Mufn and I can't handle the pressure of sitting down and watching anime"

Posted

animenight is never going to happen unless you two get along or i hijack the whole thing

and to be honest i am probably going to hijack the whole thing

Posted

You can't hijack the whole thing. Muffin is the only detracting factor.

you just want to hijack anime night