Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

this is probably the most hardcore discussion thread

Posted

I'm scared to read it all :c

but I watched a few things during my Hnet hiatus, like Dennou Coil. I even made some linocut block prints of meta tags, and sold a few XD

il_570xN.266647345.jpg

I tried to do prints on fabric though, and that didn't work out too well. XD

Posted

those are awesome omg

Posted

also Heroes are such sell-outs it's not even funny anymore (except it is)

such losers

it's like this anime was made to attack hipsters

(Tiger & Bunny for anybody who hasn't watched it idk)

Posted

Bleach pulled out the importance of friendship card last week (just watched the latest episode).

O Pierrot, u.

Also I dunno if I'll have enough time, but I'mma get caught up to Penguindrum today and possibly finish No. 6.

At this point I'm forcing myself to finish No. 6, but only cause its like 4 more episodes until I'm done.

Posted

\

Most of the time. Sometimes it does have a tinge of bitterness or some kind of sadness, because like 19/20 people I recommend things to never get to them.

it is a sad thing when no one watches what you recommend.

i try to recommend anime based on a few things

1. if i have already watched it, then i am recommending it because it was worth watching (mind game)
  2. i haven't watched it, but 20 or so people have told me how amazing it is and why haven't i watched it yet (madoka)
  3. i am currently watching it and i think it is something that person would enjoy (things from anime club)

I'm scared to read it all :c

but I watched a few things during my Hnet hiatus, like Dennou Coil. I even made some linocut block prints of meta tags, and sold a few XD

I tried to do prints on fabric though, and that didn't work out too well. XD

yeah you earned good points for this

and sahaqiel

you must cut off the head of the head of your anime club's leader

and then wear it somewhere on your body

and then they will all follow you as you watch things that you should watch

Posted

and sahaqiel

you must cut off the head of the head of your anime club's leader

and then wear it somewhere on your body

and then they will all follow you as you watch things that you should watch

I give this plan a q out of 10

Posted

is that some sort of base 26 reference

but while i am at it

why don't we all just pick what i should stream next because it is probably not going to be redline. at least not until after movie night

no its probablly not going to be DearS saha. no one will show if i stream DearS

Posted

When are we watching Penguindrum via video call again T1G????? :<

Panda those block prints are p. awesome c: so shiny

Posted

Those block prints are pretty coolio. If only more people watched Dennou Coil.

I guess that's another thing, too. With such a limited scope of popular anime, merchandise sold at cons is abysmal in terms of scope as well. All you see are Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, etc. related.

so sad.

T1G, it's not the president who is bad. He's actually p. cool. Even though he insists we watch Kamen Rider: Fourze, and therefore exercises his power in order to make us watch it.

But he pays attention to what I say and doesn't even sound like I'm being that uptight hipster animu fan whenever it seems like I'm being an uptight hipster animu fan. (Those are just my words. If they really think I have a superiority complex, then man, they really haven't been in the anime fanbase too long)

Sahaqiel

Posted

What about Wolf's Rain for the stream? o:

If you guys want some prints of the tags (on paper, cuz I don't think I've been using the right ink for fabric) I'd be happy to mail some in envelopes and possibly get donations to buy more ink :3 cuz that stuff costs a decent amount

Posted

Well, they're kind of supposed to be on paper, lol. Maybe try making regular paper look and feel more like parchment by balling it up, unfolding it, and balling it up several times. I think wetting the paper slightly helps this. It makes the paper less likely to rip, and really does make it feel more parchment like. I don't know what will happen if you like, try to iron or flatten it out, but if it retains its properties, it would probably be perfect.

Wolf's Rain aired on AS awhile back. Personally, I found it too slow and dramatic all the time, which caused me to get bored of it really fast. kind of like the .hack// series.

Sahaqiel

Posted

We were never saying "Watch Season 2 and suddenly there's a plot", we were saying, "Watch Season 2 and you'll realize there's been a plot all along." The show isn't about watching people be gorily murdered, but trying to figure out why they're being gorily murdered.

Posted

i thought about that XD I just figured at first that fabric would be nice and more sturdy than paper. It doesn't work well with the ink, though, so I had to try and find sealants. Rubber cement ended up working decently.

Fabric has a nice worn effect too, when block printed onto.

il_570xN.266647331.jpg

It can't capture the details well, though.

Anyways, if I get some time I'll try experimenting around with paper to find a good method.

(I didn't know the paper part of it until yhn explained it to me XD)

If you can find a detailed design of the zombie tag, I can try to make a block XD I still need to cut a blank for it, though.