Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

you know what else is silly

watching the first pokemon movie again

Posted

Arrietty + Welcome to the Space Show + Tekkonkinkreet

I'm waiting on Arriety's dub because dubbed Ghibli is always worthwhile, imo. I might check out Welcome to the Space Show tonight (I keep telling myself I gotta get on that).

I should put a bunch of the movies listed on that picture in a Plan to Watch list. Hah, Angel's Egg. That was an... interesting movie. Concept was pretty cool and the animation looked good (looked like a lot of effort was put in) but... that 5 minute long pause in the movie. That wasn't cool. The movie's pacing is just, ugh.

My friend said Dead Leaves was good. Apparently, it's similar to Redline?

Well that's a must-watch then.

I watched Redline twice over the weekend: I can't wait to find a song to AMV it.

Posted

oh man

Posted

5:34 - 8:00. Never again.

Posted

Eka that scene was designed to let the audience take a bathroom break obvi

Posted

I just watched Summer Wars and Spirited Away with some friends of mine. One of them loves MIyazaki films but neither have seen Spirited Away! (or Summer Wars for that matter)

While watching SA, I realized that the movie is very episodic in the pacing. like--

Arrival > Stink Spirit > Haku is Attacked > No-Face attacks > Returning to the Human World

I feel like they could've made a short series, like about 10 to 12, 30min episodes to further expand on the world of the Bath House. I mean I know Ghibli usually just does movies but squid they made a video game too! I guess I just really wanna see more of the Bath House but I realize that if they made the series now it'd be kinda dumb and novelty-esque. That world just had so much potential. Not that the movie failed it or anything-- I JUST WANT MORE OF IT!

Anyways, I'm excited for the Ghibli Game, Ni no Kuni, to be released in America soon! Too bad the DS version wont make it here but I'd rather play it on my PS3 for the full graphics effect anyways. Here is the trailer if you are unfamiliar. (It'll be in NA in the first quarter of this year and EU in March. Only the PS3 version is being released outside of Japan, as far as I know)

Posted

HOLY squid.

I AM HALFWAY THROUGH EPISODE TEN OF BERSERK.

MUFFIN.

HOLY. squid.

Posted

ha ha ha i cant come up with any responses that dont contain the word gritty

Posted

Finished the episode.

Would not have called it gritty necessarily.

Posted

This anime

Posted

I don't know how many Cowboy Bebop fans we have here, but I just saw that the blu-ray of the movie is available for ten dollars on Amazon right now, for anybody who's interested.

Posted

THIS ANIME

Posted

never saw cowboy bebop

have been meaning to

Posted

just finished berserk

muffin

what

Posted

i will have to say.....its like, testosterone:the anime.

at least to some extent.