Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stereotypes

20 posts in this topic

Posted

At the gas station I work at, every taxi driver is a foreigner. EVERY SINGLE ONE. They all have super thick accents and are very irritable and usually prepay at the wrong pump, despite each pump being clearly labeled by a simple, single digit number. But no, every single taxi driver fits the stereotype around here.

Posted

There was this one Halloween where some of my girl friends were hanging out, and one of them brought her boyfriend. He stormed off at one point, and I had no clue why. Apparently, he didn't want to hang out with us because he thought that we were all just going to sit around and talk about shoes. Guess what topic came up just before he left. I felt like a massive stereotype then.

Posted

@LL: Agreed. He should did an epic topic change from shoes to something else that interests everybody.

Kind of a stereotypical guy.

Posted

Yeah, he turned out to be a real jerk, but I did find it funny that he accurately predicted what we'd end up talking about. Then again, we were having a Halloween party in an antique clothing store. Of course the subject of clothes was going to pop up. I hate it when something's bothering a guy, but instead of doing something about it he sulks or leaves or whatever. That whole "if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you" thing? Yeah, whoever thought that was just girls is an idiot.

Posted

I made it a point to let my family know that I don't like shopping all the time but 's not like I sulk away or anything. Typical typical dood.