Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Price tags

23 posts in this topic

Posted

>Implying Sailormoon doesn't look generic

She's the flagship girl of magical girls though, so I guess she's the only one allowed to have them

Posted

Is this Hatsune Miku?

571d50f13f4c0ee1ff390a318fd4d2b2.jpg?1306784905

Posted

Hey so Hatsune Miku has really grown on me what with all the recent developments like Knuckle's post

Posted

Oh yeah, now the movie theatre prices went up. It's roughly 14.25$ a ticket before the 12% tax, and after tax the price of one large popcorn, large pop and a bag of twizzlers is 18$. I'll go see Harry Potter in theatres but that's it. I can't afford it otherwise.

go to the dollar store, buy yourself enough twizzlers to make yourself sick, wear cargo pants, stuff said twizzlers in, skip the popcorn.

my area also has a cheap movie theater. tickets are like $5, and candy is $3. but every other theater has the insane prices, yeah.

@knuckle

you just made my day.

Posted

Yeah, I usually buy snacks and drinks before i get there and stuff them in my purse and jacket. They're getting militant about not letting people do that, though. I won't be surprised to see them searching bags next.

Posted

Well, concessions is their only real source of revenue (ticket money mostly goes back to hollywood), so I guess they're justified in charging so much since they'll go out of business otherwise, and then we won't get to see movies at all.

Posted

We have a dollar theater at the mall with (relatively) recent movies. Bus fare is 1.50 round trip, but I can bike there, a movie is A dollar, popcorn (Huge) and a soda (also massive) is three, and you get a free refill (one, sadly) for each. So, about 6 bucks gets me to and from the theater, a large popcorn and soda, and a ticket, a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

Posted

That's pretty sweet, E-BL. I haven't been to a theater in forever so, I don't really know what the prices are here.