Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

#12 Looks Just Like You!

8 posts in this topic

Posted

The United States no longer exists.

In 2013 the American economy fell into depression. Riots and murder ran rampant as the country spiralled further into chaos. By 2016 the people had enough, that was when soft spoken and far left congressman Andrew Hiller was swarn in as President. Hiller who at first was likable quickly turned on the American people and using some cleverly worded amendments took control of the country by abolishing the Bill of Rights and The Constitution. His first act was electing himself President for life.

Then came the war.

In 2018 Hiller's agents released a targeted bioweapon on Mexico completely decimating the populations youth, then after coordinated smartbombings the leadership fell. In a year Mexico was part of the American Coalition. Then strategic attacks against Canada resulted in a takeover as well. When Hawaii refused to join, Hiller personally launched the 200 kiliton nuclear missiles on Honolulu.

It is now 2025, The American Coalition now encompasses north and south America as well as parts of Africa and Asia. While most Americans live comfortably, many still live in poverty, many still believe in the Constitution these rebels are known as "The #", and although they are branded as Terrorists they are infact freedom fighters fighting for a free America.

Milo Cross is not among them.

"I remember the day I met Milo Cross, we met in college in Buenos Ares he was taking Political Science and I was majoring in Business. We became fast friends and hang out all throughout school. After graduation we lost touch, particularly because he moved away. I stayed in B.A while he moved back to the Homeland. He became quite the talk of Washington, and in time got a job with His Grace himself Andrew Heller. I on the other hand lost everything when my family fortune was Annexed by the Coalition to fund the War in Australia. I had long been vocal of my dissatisfaction with the Government and when they left me destitute I had had enough, I joined the Johnny's and never looked back."

From "The Journal of Toby Shore" June 2025

Milo Cross's sleep was ended by the dolcet chime of his alarm unit. A series of mechanical servos opened the zero light blinds allowing the gleaming sun to enter. "Good morning Mr. Cross." a breathy female programmed voice announced. "The time is 19:00, it is a lovely spring day with a high of 80ºF and a low of 65º, winds are coming from the East at..." "weather off!" Milo said kicking to covers off his bed. "News on!" he said in a harsh voice. "The Sydney Opera House continues to burn this morning a Coalition troops pushed further into the Aussie capital, the Ozzies continue to resist but our boys in green will win the day. In other news, closer to home a food distribution facility was attacked by a group of Johnny's and someone identified as the notorious commander #12, for more on this story we go to Fern Boyd, Fern."

"Thank you Hank, The daring attack on the distribution center comes as the latest attack by the villainous #12. But according to sources, this man has finally slipped up. Using images extrapolated from holo-vids of his various crime scenes, the Gov-techs have compiled an approximation of #12's facial image. This is being released to the public via holo-scope, E-mail, and Fax hopefully someone out there knows who this fiend is. If you do call 860-741-8681 or call 911 immediately."

Milo watched as the image came out of his Fax and landed on the floor. "I'll look later." he said brushing his teeth.

Milo was nearly out the door when the visitor chime signalled. "Milo have you seen this?" his neighbor Phil Daines asked. "What the #12 image, no I'll look later I got a meeting with the Chancellor himself." Phil grabbed Milo by the arm. "I don't think you should go out there Milo." he said concerned. "Why not?" Milo asked. "Because...#12 looks just like you!"

Posted

I feel everything you post is spam.

Posted

It's not spam Jareddude, it's a story.

Thats why it's in original stories.

Posted

It's a story of unlawful persecution, arresting someone without due process. A crime our own government is all too happy to commit."Let me see that!" Milo said grabbing the Holo-scan. "That looks nothing like me!" he added."Are you sure Milo...I see the resemblence." Phil said. "But it's not me Phil, I was here last night! You saw me come home there's no way I could be in two places at once." Milo said. "I know it's not you but what about the neighbors, they might shoot first and as questions later and by shoot first I mean call the Peacekeepers." "These people know me Phil, I'd never associate with these "Johnnies" and "Numbers" or whatever they call themselves. Phil left his building, the glorious Continental Tower and entered into the glorious spring day. But as he walked to the Tram to the capital he couldn't help but notice many glances in his direction. "Stand tall and go with the flow". he said to himself as he picked up his pace. He crossed the ruins of St. Sebastian's Church and ducked into the Tram tunnel and passed a row of hollo-walls depicting the infamous #12. A waiting passenger saw him and gasped. "It's not me Madam, I assure you." he said tipping an imaginary cap. As the Tram moved into the Capital Dome Milo could not help but noticed an increased Peacekeeper presence. The uniformed officers were among the crowds with handheld Holo-scan units as well as ground base and aerial drones. "Show no fear Milo...it's not you." he said to himself. Milo stepped out of the Tram and merged with the crowd of fellow government drones and make his way to the crimson mansion. The blood Red Palace the Chancellor calls home. He reached the gate and was met by a group of Peacekeepers. "Halt! none may pass we are at black alert." the Gen-Tech Peacekeeper said with a snarl. "I'm here meeting the Chancellor himself, my name is Milo..." "No names, give me your ID!" Milo handed the man his ID, and a quick Veri-scan later he was allowed to pass.Milon smiled as he passed the checkpoint "I told Phil he was over reacting, he looks nothing like me." As he made his way up a hovering drone zeroed in on him and alerted Security."hey you, stop or die!" another Peacekeeper shouted. "I can't I'm late for a meeting!" Milo said sprinting into a jog. Milo awoke an hour later, he found himself looking a four grey walls, a single bulb flickering high above him. "Where am I?" he asked himself.

Posted

lol this is funny because the title of this story reminds me of a shitty band called The Number 12 Looks Like You

Listen to how bad they are

But yes nice story <: for some reason I feel like you've used the name Milo before but idk.

Posted

lol this is funny because the title of this story reminds me of a shitty band called The Number 12 Looks Like You

Listen to how bad they are

But yes nice story <: for some reason I feel like you've used the name Milo before but idk.

The Title (As well as the Band's name) is an homage to a Classic Twilight Zone episode "Number 12 looks Just Like You". I often use names of People I know in everyday life as characters in my stories. Milo is based on a friend from Highschool named Milo, we got all kinds of crap because my name is Otis refrencing a popular movie from the mid 80's. Phil, Milo's concerned neighbor is based on a Phil I used to work with when I was a Janitor.

Posted

Andrew Hiller, hm? I see what you did there.

Good to see you're still posting here. Guess I need to stop posting in Open if I want to talk to you. How's the show coming along?

Posted

Andrew Hiller, hm? I see what you did there.

Good to see you're still posting here. Guess I need to stop posting in Open if I want to talk to you. How's the show coming along?

Yeah you like that, I tried to think of the worst example of a brutal dictator then gave him an Americanized name. It's good, the ratings are constant.