Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

This is the Worst Night of my Life

49 posts in this topic

Posted

So, I haven't been able to sleep at all tonight because my roommate thought he'd bring over a girl and do... stuff... with her while I was supposedly asleep (I wasn't). Not only am I tired, but I am also reminded that I'm nothing to my roommate and my well-being means nothing to him. I am also reminded by this that I am a lonely, pathetic individual with no relationship history to speak of.

I guess I will get up tomorrow and attend a class I am taking to appease parents who care little about me unless I am doing something that impresses them. That's something to look forward to.

I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me. I wouldn't feel sorry for me. I just need to say something somewhere I guess.

Posted

Knuckle, I should just adopt you or something.

Come to mama.

Posted

Post-secondary is pretty lonely, isn't it? I know sometimes the only reason I'd get up and go to class was to avoid disppointing others.

Are there any classes you're taking right now that really interest you, Knuckle?

Posted

Sometimes, the windows look really inviting to me....

Posted

oh man i am so glad i dont have a roommate when i hear about stories like this one

who the puppy needs a love life when you can have awesome friends instead

stop pretending like you arent asking for sympathy and stop pretending like you dont deserve any sympathy

Posted

stop pretending like you arent asking for sympathy and stop pretending like you dont deserve any sympathy

Not counting his first line, I.... agree.......... wow that felt weird.

Posted

Awwwww, I am sorry :<

There is always a silver lining, so I bet you will find love one day :>

And until then, I guess you have to deal wit us constantly enjoying your company and doing our best to hog it up :P

And as for the classes thing, I thought you loved American History?

And your parents are just doing that because they want you to be able to have enough money so that you can live more leisurely, because they care and love you very much :>

Posted

It definitely got frustrating for me, Knuckle, a long time ago. Eventually I realized I really didn't have anything to worry about, and I even felt like I just never wanted to have a relationship. You've got a lot of years ahead of you. Maybe during one of them, someone like kaffles will punch you in the face and tell you a relationship is happening between you or else. (That's not how it really went down, but like, yeah, it took quite a bit for me to agree to it) Friends are like lovers without as much intimacy, only there are a lot more of them, and they're less prone to breaking up with you than a girlfriend or boyfriend by a lot.

Point is, don't spend youth being all down about things that don't matter. Live it up while you can, and stay positive, 'cause nothing attracts people to you more than being positive.

And tell your roommate to at least be considerate and try to cover up sounds. You're in the same room, so there should be some kind of courtesy happening. If I were you, I would have like, taken out my DS and started playing video games loudly. Like "Yeah, I am listening to you and I don't want to be awkward by saying something, but y'alls needs to stop."

Everyone has to appease someone sometime, so just make sure that while you're doing it, you set aside time to do what you want. My parents are always telling me that I'm always doing what I want whenever I get in trouble or whatever, but I'm just wanting to control my own destiny. If it means playing by the rules long enough, I'll do it. Then I'll spend the rest of the time doing my hobbies, because school can make you learn things that aren't valuable to you, but you have to do it. So I spend time learning things I want to learn, and making things I want to make. You're your own person, Knuckle. You don't have to 100% do what other people tell you to, and do nothing else. Impress them with something other than what you've done in school, and if they aren't impressed, tell them you don't care; it's what you did, and it's what makes you happy. Otherwise, if you just continue bending under pressure, you're bound to get depressed.

As for the topic of suicide, just don't. It is extremely lazy to commit suicide. Stop, look at the problem, evaluate what's wrong, whenever something is going wrong.

I won't say I was suicidal, but I was actually having a rough time, myself. After the love fest I had back in junior year, it all kind of ground down to a halt when I purposely took classes I know no one else I was friends with was in. I was welding in my booth, I couldn't get an arc to start, and I was getting really pissed off, because I'd realized I was being like my dad. Doing a bunch of crap he didn't plan on, not feeling ambitious, doing a routine every day and never looking forward to it. So I stepped back, and had a striking thought: "It didn't used to be this way."

Then I thought back, and realized the main part of my issue was that many of my friends were gone from my life at that point. I didn't have nearly as much meaningful social contact. I didn't feel good enough, as a result, to work as hard in class as I originally wanted to. So I felt really great, actually, because I realized that even if I'm in a slump, that I know what the problem is, and that as a result, I can work to get rid of it. That's mostly how I think. "What's the problem? What are the best things I can use to solve it? How do I solve it? How do I improve the process?"

If you know what the problem is, there's no use getting frustrated at it, because you know what the problem is, and there's no such thing as a problem without a solution.

Yeah, and you shouldn't pretend that we shouldn't care that you're having a tough time.

Sahaqiel

Posted

This...I'm so sorry D:

Posted

LL is right, I just need to get out of this funk so I can get back to being myself. I have quite a bit to look forward to after all, such as my impending Werewolf game and my duel with Pheo, and that's just the short-term stuff. Surely this is no time to be depressed!

But eugh, I had no idea I could be so melodramatic. I am quite certain my parents love me and don't care if I choose my own path in life, so why would I need to complain about that? I certainly need to think these rambles through; 1AM grogginess is no excuse for this senseless complaining from me. D:

Posted

oh man sahaqiel

such a densuke

Posted

ugyuuuu, that sucks :<

and what t1g said--dont pretend like you dont deserve sympathy, we all love you here, bro :> and i know how you feel, it happens.

and you could always bring up the not being asleep thing to your roommate...bonus points if you can use it as ammo for something. hope you feel better dude.

Posted

You should just... sit up and like try to make eye contact with one of them and be like

GEORGE WEASLEY

Posted

Maybe during one of them, someone like kaffles will punch you in the face and tell you a relationship is happening between you or else. (That's not how it really went down, but like, yeah, it took quite a bit for me to agree to it)

lol

Also, Knuckle, if you can't get any sleep, break out your DS like Shaq said and be all like OH, MAN, HACKING IN THIS HERE POKEMON IS SO AWESOME, SO MUCH BETTER THAN HAVING A WHORE GIRLFRIEND. HEH HEH HEH. Or something less insulting but, equally as hilarious.

Posted

we are now going to convert this into a thread where we come up with hilarious and effective solutions to the roommate issue