Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

News forum may be closed...

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm debating if it's worth keeping this forum open mainly due to the new method of news posts.

Currently the forums will pull news from the frontpage and post it in here but it doesn't not like to add all images or youtube videos, defeating the purpose of having it post here also...

The news system has a nice comment system of it's own but I was making it more convenient for you guys, as most of you probably never go to [url="http://hyrule.net"]http://hyrule.net[/url] directly.

Thoughts?

Edit----

After reading the title, the Hyrule.net forums aren't being closed, just this one in which news is posted in.

Posted

Yeah I noticed that the news post you just made didn't have the videos attached. I personally do not go to hyrule.net directly (so you're right) but I'm fine with this. It would close off the news/forums connection (less possibility for new members even) but I'd be okay with it. I don't look at this forum all to often anyway.

Posted

Yeah you should probably put that "News" before the "Forum" in the title so I don't have a heart attack.

I'm not sure what my thoughts are on this. Typically I just read whatever news is posted in threads when it's in the recent threads sidebar, and follow whatever links are in them.

Posted

I never exactly figured out how to post news with the crazy new system, so I feel like if this forum was closed, I would never feel like posting news again. Plus, as pheo said, I typically just look for news in the sidebar. So if it's not being posted directly on the forum anymore, I wouldn't be in tune with what's going on.

I don't think it should close, for honest. If anything I kind of just want the old method back. It was really convenient to just post a thread up here and it'd automatically be on Hyrule.net.

Posted

Old system won't be brought back.

I can try and find something that will post the news article titles in the sidebar though.

Posted

Putting news posts in the sidebar could work. That way news posted a little more unofficially will still get noticed without taking away credibility from the more official news.