GAMECUBE TWILIGHT PRINCESS

22 posts in this topic

Posted

I like the Gamecube Twilight Princess a lot more then the Wii version. I was wondering if anyone else bought it too. . .

One of the collest things is once you get your sword, you can do a really cool run. If you hold B (Swing your sword.) and run, Link holds it out to his side and runs a bit faster then usual. It looks really cool! Once you let go he swings it. You can also do this on Epona except he holds the sword above his head like he is charging!! This was actually probably programed into the Wii version, but since you swing the Wii-Mote to swing your sword, you can'y really hold down a swing. . .Shame. :D :D

Posted

I have it, and I love it. (have yet to get a wii)

controls are pretty standard for a zelda game, and I've heard bad things about a big of lag when using the wiimote

this is a little random, but I thought it was the coolest thing ever that you can actually swing your sword while you're running. it makes mowing down every bit of grass (you might call it a bit of a problem that I absolutely *have* to do that) much easier!

Posted

It is awesome how you can press "R" and Link crouches on Epona and holds on so he can't get knocked off.

And how you can do the shield thing whenever you want!!

Everyone should buy Gamecube TP.

Posted

Ya im going to get it. It must be hard to get used to though because everthings switched around.....

Posted

Ya im going to get it. It must be hard to get used to though because everthings switched around.....

I'm pretty sure that the Wii version of the game is the one that's switched around, they inverted it so that Link would be right handed, as is most of the world, apparently. I guess the easiest way to do that was to just flip the entire game.

Posted

That explains why some pictures are switched... :embarrassed:

Sorry, I didn't know that. I haven't play in a Wii yet

Posted

That explains why some pictures are switched... :embarrassed:

Sorry, I didn't know that. I haven't play in a Wii yet

G.C. is Pretty Good....

Yea Go G.C.!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

I like the Gamecube Twilight Princess a lot more then the Wii version. I was wondering if anyone else bought it too. . .

One of the collest things is once you get your sword, you can do a really cool run. If you hold B (Swing your sword.) and run, Link holds it out to his side and runs a bit faster then usual. It looks really cool! Once you let go he swings it. You can also do this on Epona except he holds the sword above his head like he is charging!! This was actually probably programed into the Wii version, but since you swing the Wii-Mote to swing your sword, you can'y really hold down a swing. . .Shame. :D :D

Yeah, those were the reasons I liked the GC version when I got it. It IS possible to hold your sword out like in the Gc version, but I forgot how to do it...I liked the Wii for it's motion senseing, but I love the GC verion for being simple and easy to use...

Posted

Well, seeing as I don't have a Wii yet, I can't really compare the two... :cry: I want a Wii :cry:

But I do absolutely LOVE the GC version, lol..

I never realized that you couldn't do all this crud on the Wii though lol.

*still isnt going to discourage me from getting the Wii and the Wii-version*

And, Kels, if having the urge to ABSOLUTELY mow down every single blade of grass is a problem... then I've got it too lol. :D

Posted

I haven't played the GC vesion yet, but I'm sure it's better than the Wii version. It seems more accurate. I bet there's no lag when you swing your sword, and aiming maybe a little easier.

Posted

Lol, I only have the Wii version and I've got no lag. ( :D ) And I Remember being on Epona once and I did that charging with the sword thing....then I tried to do it again but I couldn't.... :cry: And the way you can swing your sword while you move is awesome, though that is in both, it was brought up, so I decided to comment on it... :huh: Well, since it's pretty much the same game, and I already have it, I think I'd want to spend money on a new Wii game instead of buying the GC version..... :unsure: Oh well, I loves my TP, and I loves sniping those archer enemies from far away with the Wii remote without using the Hawkeye.... :D And I loves the Wii version fishing.... And I loves moving the Navi curser all around Link's head and saying, "Hey! Listen! Hey! Hey! Listen!" in an annoying Navi voice.... :huh: Oh well, the point is that I'm completely satisfied. ^_^

And merchant, I just need to know, is RollGoal easier or harder in the GC version?

Posted

There is an almost unexistant lag when you swing your sword. I guess you don't notice it that much in normal play, but when I was trying the speedrun... it was frustrating.

Posted

I'll tell you when I get to the Roll-Goal game. . .

(I'm in Twilight Lanayru.)

Posted

Lol, I only have the Wii version and I've got no lag. ( :D ) And I Remember being on Epona once and I did that charging with the sword thing....then I tried to do it again but I couldn't.... :cry: And the way you can swing your sword while you move is awesome, though that is in both, it was brought up, so I decided to comment on it... :huh: Well, since it's pretty much the same game, and I already have it, I think I'd want to spend money on a new Wii game instead of buying the GC version..... :unsure: Oh well, I loves my TP, and I loves sniping those archer enemies from far away with the Wii remote without using the Hawkeye.... :D And I loves the Wii version fishing.... And I loves moving the Navi curser all around Link's head and saying, "Hey! Listen! Hey! Hey! Listen!" in an annoying Navi voice.... :huh: Oh well, the point is that I'm completely satisfied. ^_^

And merchant, I just need to know, is RollGoal easier or harder in the GC version?

The GC version is wicked easy. I beat all of them in 30 minutes (and I mean ALL OF THEM, not just the first ones for the frog lure) and then I played the Wii version of it....I don't think I ever got so ticked at a game, lol. But yeah anyways, it's very easy.

Posted

I have the GameCube version. It's better than the Wii b/c 1. It has fewer glitches 2. Link is left-handed and so on.