Horror gaming!

23 posts in this topic

Posted

sanity's requiem...oh jeegus i remember that game. a few years ago, me and CB went over to a friends house so we (chickens that we are) could watch them play, since we had heard how insane the game was....the game would stop, and we were all like "oh teh lulz, its messing with us!".

it was freezing before we even /had/ a sanity meter. worse, we didnt figure this out for several hours, while one of us mashed random buttons on the controller while the rest of us searched the internet frantically for how to undo the insanitys "effects". eventually we came to the conclusion that the disc was scratched.

a broken sanitys requiem game drove us literally insane for several hours. "trying the same thing and expecting different resuts" and all that.

Posted

My friend was playing this game called Amnesia: The Dark Descent, heard it was prettying squidding scary. I'm not one for horror shit so I'd never play, but idk if you guys had heard anything about it. Wasn't mentioned here so

Posted

Oh man Amnesia. I need to play it

Also,

Posted

man, i cant even make out what hes screaming about. all i see is dark dark dark.

maybe i should screw with my computers settings some more, i have the same issue in minecraft and skyrim....dark dark dark dark.

his screams, though. they power my laptop cooling pad.

ive heard of amnesia though. CB showed me a video, though heck if i remember the monsters name. all i know is that the guy in the video was also freaking out.

anyone played dementium? its on the DS.

Posted

Theresia for the DS is actually pretty scary

But it is mainly the atmosphere and music of the game that causes the scares

Because there is literally nothing out to kill you and only few dangers (like bugs that will try to eat you if you get to close to them or horrific traps)

Just make sure you INSPECT EVERYTHING WITH A STICK before you even touch them, but even then you will probably die a lot due to traps

Also the story is kinda freaky, haven't finished the extra story yet but I need to

Posted

yet another ds game i own....its weird, every now and then, someone will mention something like that, and ill have it. recently, it was the top 5 ds games that are amazing but youve never heard of them (more or less) and i had/beat 4/5. im not sure if i sold theresia back, though. i had a random fit of game-purging when i dumped the guy i was dating, as he had cluttered my game collection with his lame choices, and anything i wasnt gonna start a file on went. im amazed i still have dementium, actually, as theres a 98% chance if me never playing it.

Posted

I've played Eternal Darkness. It has its moments, but overall not as scary as I expected. When your sanity meter runs down and you hear your character start gibbering and you're seeing stuff it gets pretty freaky, but it would be moreso if you didn't have a status bar telling you when your character is losing his/her mind.

Bioshock scared the crap out of me, partly because I'm not experiences in FPS games. When a splicer comes at me out of nowhere I get a bit trigger-happy even though bullets aren't that plentiful.

I've been hearing about Amnesia, but have yet to play it.

Posted

I was leafing through the game threads for some screenshots of things, and i found this again :3

just wanted to add that Ib is a good game to play. tiny little sprited thing, but it does a pretty good job of being creepy as all get-out, imo. well, the first time through, at least. when i go back to play it, ill know everything that happens, lol.