Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I don't have time to do everything anymore :(

9 posts in this topic

Posted

There are loads of normal, daily, things I should do at home. But I never have time to do all of them. Everything I [would like to] do is here (excluding school and homework): Read, play FIFA, play Skyrim, play Uncharted, play Sonic Generations, play Skyward Sword, play Brawl, play New Super Mario Bros., play Super Mario Galaxy 2, play old games through emulation, play Minecraft, play TF2, play most other Valve games at some point (they can wait until summer), watch Friends, watch Family Guy, watch How I Met Your Mother, watch The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, start to get into Anime (One Piece, Bleach, feel free to suggest others, I'll check out the thread some other time), learn to program with Java. I want to do all this, but I simply don't have time. I need ways to fit it in and be more efficient. I get home at 5:20 PM and I have to go to bed at 10:00 PM. I have to dedicate 1 hour to homework/reading/music practice. Any ideas on how to be more efficient? Thanks :)

Posted

I also have a bunch of stuff I want to do, just never the time :(

Posted

If you eliminate Skyrim from the equation, then you got about 6-8 more hours of free time

Hahaha, this is kinda true.

Posted

The whole getting up early thing can be good for that, if you're a morning person.

I'm hardly the paragon of organisation, but I did used to juggle a lot of extra-curriculars. What I find what works best for me is to write up a list of things to do, sort them into categories, and alternate between them. Also, give yourself some free time in between. Most of this is supposed to be fun, right?

Here's an example:

Read:

Games:

FIFA,

Skyrim

Uncharted

Sonic Generations

Skyward Sword

Brawl

New Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

play old games through emulation

Minecraft

TF2

Valve games

Shows:

Friends

Family Guy

How I Met Your Mother

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

One Piece

Bleach

Learn to program with Java

In your case, I'd also single out the more time-consuming things and break them into chunks. Playing Skyrim and watching shows like Bleach and One Piece are going to take a really long time (honestly I haven't gotten into any of those for precisely that reason). Any long-running series I've gotten through, I tend to watch one or two episodes per day, usually while having breakfast or dinner.

Also, I understand that some of the long-running anime have a lot of filler episodes. Are you so determined because your friends watch those shows? Ask them which episodes to skip and save you the trouble. If I'd known better I would have skipped entire story arcs when I watched Ranma 1/2 a few years ago.

Come to think of it, I should do up a list of games I need to work on.

Posted

Whenever I work out, which is not often, I feel like I have more time. Or, I feel like "wow, that's out of the way, and look at how much time I have left!"

Also, waking up early and eating breakfast. I feel like I'm not trying to catch up to the day, I am like taking on the things one at a time. I don't know. I think it's mostly about attitude. I apologize if this is all worthless advice.

100% on the ball. Arachne's got it as well.

It's about what works for you, and it's definitely about your attitude. You can't do everything in a day. But if you feel behind, or lacking for time, then get an early start, take it slow and easy. Remind yourself that you don't need to panic. From there, branch out and spend a couple hours tackling A, then take a break. And while you break, reevaluate and see if you still want or need to be doing A. If so, keep on going with A, and if not, do B.

I don't know what you're doing prior to 5:20, but throughout the day, spare a couple minutes to think of what you're going to get into later when you're home. Your schedule sounds tight, so definitely switch it up every day like Arachne suggests.

Posted

I like how most of his stuff is just watching tv and playing video games. Those are the things that waste your day! (not that I don't enjoy them as well)

Posted

Time management. It's tough but once you figure it out, you've got it good. I am stillllll trying to figure it out when it comes to homework lol.

Posted

SAyvw.png