Assassin's Creed

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Alright, the first part of the Tyranny of King Washington DLC is out or something I'll talk about that when I actually get some microsoft points and download it WHATEVER THERE IS SOMETHING IMPORTANT ABOUT THE NEXT GAME IN THE SERIES.

The official Ubisoft Google+ page says that the details of Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag will be announced on Monday. However, they did post what appears to be the official box art.

AC4BF_PS3_No+Rating_2D.jpg

NEW ASSASSIN.

PIRATES.

MORE. NAVAL. COMBAT.

Posted

So wait, this is actually assassin's creed 4? I thought Assassin's creed 3 was about a dude named connor, and it would keep following connor for a few games, like what happened with Ezio? Is this a new assassin entirely we're seeing? Why was connor's game only one game? I should really probably play 3.

Posted

Because Connor is boring and naval combat is fun. Connor is far, far worse of an assassin and a person than Ezio. He's lacking in both charisma and wit, two qualities I consider crucial for a video game protagonist to have if I'm going to like them. 

The game itself is fun, but extremely long-winded. There's way too much to do (I did it all, because I'm a masochist) but if you were just going through the story, even that is extremely long-winded, with the tutorial lasting 2-3 hours before you even step into Connor's shoes. Even then, you have to go through seeing him as a child and playing hide and seek. Ridiculous, but not as bad as Final Fantasy XIII (25 hour tutorial). 

Also, you need to understand what happens in Desmond's time to know why this will be Assassin's Creed IV. 

I'm looking forward to a new assassin. I hope he's pretty much an Ezio clone, just a little bit more crass because he's a pirate. I'm also hoping for more of an open world feel. I want to actually be a pirate. Raid villages. Steal gold and women. Get skurvy. The whole bit. 

I want to manage a pirate base, build my ship up little by little, command fleets near the end, and cover every inch of a huge ocean map (a la Wind Waker). Perhaps I'm just dreaming, but why not hope for the best?

Posted

Ridiculous, but not as bad as Final Fantasy XIII (25 hour tutorial).

what

Posted (edited)

what

For the first 9 out of 13 chapters you're stuck on set paths, have little control over your party, can't do side quests, and are locked out of some classes/abilities.  It's all pretty basic and controlled as it slowly introduces you to new concepts. The game doesn't really start until chapter 10 when it becomes open world and there's some actual choice in how you play the game.

Edited by Linkprow (see edit history)

Posted

At the risk of getting crucified, I have a question.

I have Assassin's Creed 1, but I have never finished it. I got through four of the assassination targets, realized it was doing the exact same thing over and over, got bored and quit. Is the entire series like this? Assassin's Creed Liberation came with my Vita, but I don't really want to play it since I don't know if it would be like that. If the others are different, should I still force my way through the original for story?

Posted

The first one is good, but is not exactly necessary, seeing as the second one gives you a little recap at the beginning. I highly recommend the entire series. It just gets better.

Posted

The first one is extremely repetitive, but I think it's a good idea to play it anyway just to see the foundation that they worked with. It's absolutely not necessary, though. And don't do like I did and get all the flags. Those fluckin flags. 

Definitely play Assassin's Creed II. Absolutely play Assassin's Creed II. I feel like it's the pinnacle of the series. If you don't like II, you won't like Brotherhood and you'll despise Revelations. 

You might like III because of the setting. It was definitely what got me excited for it. I just can't stand the protagonist. The game itself is a *good* game. Sometimes great, sometimes poor, but mostly good. 

Posted

I Agree with Chase's thoughts on Assassin's Creed 2 all the way. Personally, I enjoyed the first game a lot, though that was a while ago that I played it, so I can't say for certain if I would enjoy the replay value, though I definitely enjoyed the open world environment it had to offer. Though it was a bit silly that you could go between the two warring factions of the crusade and not run into any open massive conflicts. I haven't actually played AC3 yet, so I can't say much about it, but yeah. Finish AC1, then by all means pick up AC2.

Posted

The new trailer has been released, and I'm already hyped! The release date is, once again, just a few days after my birthday.

Seeing the trailer brings up some important questions. Edward Kenway is obviously related in some way to Haytham and Connor from AC3, but after the events of that game (which I will not spoil because I'm nice like that) who will access these memories? What is happening to the characters in the present day? Is it unhealthy to have a boner for almost nine months?

Posted

I should really probably play AC3. Maybe I'll pick it up over the summer.

Also: This new assassin seems like a stone cold motherfucker

Posted

He makes Stone-Cold Steve Austin look like Actually-Sort-Of-Lukewarm Steve Austin.

Also yes Pheo get it so we can talk about the naval warfare.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Yeah, in Revelations they give you this tutorial at the beginning of the game on how to successfully defend your base from a templar attack, and then because I'm such a good templar hunter, I never had to deal with that ever again for the rest of the game. So the fact that you guys are taking a game about stealthy infiltration and assassination and raving over just how great the naval warfare was kind of makes me say "wow apparently the naval warfare is really something"

Posted

I was out for a walk today and something occurred to me about this trailer that I thought I'd point out. Blackbeard, the famous pirate who actually existed (aka edward teach), died a really famous death as far as deaths go. Essentially, he took out a boat full of dudes trying to kill him all by himself, and finally bled out while getting ready to take out the second boat. I can't remember exactly what happened, except for the fact that it was pretty puppying badass, and it's going to be in this game. So, that's a bit of a blatant but obvious spoiler, that blackbeard dies, but. It's going to be cool. So.