Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hello, and a Bit of Something Else

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey, baby! I'm the Stylin' Scarecrow. I've spiraled underground outside of the bounds of the Astral Observatory to come join this site. Seriously though, you can call me Chris and I'm glad to have joined this community. I also wanted to reach out to fellow Zeldaddicts with a Majora's Mask related project I've been working on, unrelentingly, since February of this year. It also incorporates elements of the whole 2012 doomsday prophecies that are to propel this earth into a mass destruction. The art of parkour will be featured, I've practiced for 4 and a half years and the project showcases my idea as well as my physical ability. I've created two promotional videos for the project that anyone can watch below. Any thoughts concerning my project would be nice to read for any of you. Thanks to anyone who's checked this out.

Posted

Man why do you do a bunch of cool parkour tricks and then not actually do them for the camera for us, I wanted to see some of those

Stylin' Scarecrow likes this

Posted

Man why do you do a bunch of cool parkour tricks and then not actually do them for the camera for us, I wanted to see some of those

They're called teasers for a reason. :lol2:

The actual series will feature plenty of parkour and flippity-do-da's.

Posted

I only watched the 2nd one on your status, ill watch the first one later.

I don't really understand wut that had to do with MM at all. I mean the footage was good, but if it was hardly related to the MM plot. Not to mention, it was extremely boring to watch. It was 3 mins of nothing. It felt like 10 mins or nothing. Also, the bike flip thing was more than a little cheesy. But the filming and footage was pretty good so i guess that was... pretty good.

Posted (edited)

I only watched the 2nd one on your status, ill watch the first one later.

I don't really understand wut that had to do with MM at all. I mean the footage was good, but if it was hardly related to the MM plot. Not to mention, it was extremely boring to watch. It was 3 mins of nothing. It felt like 10 mins or nothing. Also, the bike flip thing was more than a little cheesy. But the filming and footage was pretty good so i guess that was... pretty good.

Hm, another critical viewer. I'm used to it by now. The actual series will reveal to you that it has plenty to do with the plot of Majora's Mask, specifically the 3 day countdown aspect. I'm sorry it seemed "boring" to you, but I was trying to bottle the essence of the eeriness that the atmosphere of the game conveys. Really? It seemed this terrible to you? Irrelevant, bland nothingness, cheesy acrobatics, MORE than cheesy even? I guess I appreciate your opinion either way... Thank you.

Edited by Stylin' Scarecrow (see edit history)

Posted

I didn't mean to call it terrible. I can deff see your potential as a film maker just by watching the shots you made. But it was just the same shots over and over again. The camera, for the most part, stared at nothing of particular interest. I dont think this is a horrible idea, just maybe a bad trailer, you know?

But yeah i thought the bike jump was pretty pointless.

Posted

I didn't mean to call it terrible. I can deff see your potential as a film maker just by watching the shots you made. But it was just the same shots over and over again. The camera, for the most part, stared at nothing of particular interest. I dont think this is a horrible idea, just maybe a bad trailer, you know?

But yeah i thought the bike jump was pretty pointless.

Okay, to clarify the flip I performed over my bike. I've practiced parkour and free running since 2008 and that practice itself will be a very present element throughout the series.

Posted

Hm, another critical viewer. I'm used to it by now. The actual series will reveal to you that it has plenty to do with the plot of Majora's Mask, specifically the 3 day countdown aspect. I'm sorry it seemed "boring" to you, but I was trying to bottle the essence of the eeriness that the atmosphere of the game conveys. Really? It seemed this terrible to you? Irrelevant, bland nothingness, cheesy acrobatics, MORE than cheesy even? I guess I appreciate your opinion either way... Thank you.

Nothing wrong with some healthy criticism.

Posted (edited)

this is good, but the parkour moves look sloppy to me. i have over 400 weeks of experience in parkour training, so let me know if you want some tips from a mature practitioner.

Edited by Brodongo (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Nothing wrong with some healthy criticism.

That's why I thanked him overall...

this is good, but the parkour moves look sloppy to me. i have over 400 weeks of experience in parkour training, so let me know if you want some tips from a mature practitioner.

Dude, I've been at it for 4 years. You saw only a side flip and part of a huge striding bound. Wait until you see the actual videos before you call my parkour "sloppy". Thanks.

Posted

I used to jump between the world trade center towers until somebody spoiled my fun. I'm basically the most pro at parkour. They actually named the sport after me.

Posted

I used to jump between the world trade center towers until somebody spoiled my fun. I'm basically the most pro at parkour. They actually named the sport after me.

Psh, amateur. I was standing on the the right wing of Flight 11 and just before the "fun was spoiled", as it would be, I leapt off and and landed on the roof of Building 5. Just to clear any conspiracy, it was all supposed to be an elaborate aerial stunt, yet it had gone awry.

Posted

So you are the reason for countless deaths and a war in the middle east. Just for a stunt?

Good going, asshole.

Posted (edited)

So you are the reason for countless deaths and a war in the middle east. Just for a stunt?

Good going, asshole.

You're just jealous that I beat you to the idea. Jumping rooftops is soooo 2006 Russian 240p video quality. (though I've filmed such a video myself. -__-)

Luckily the ramifications haven't effected me. These people are believing some terrorist scenario. The stunt was government funded though, maybe it was just a little fib to hide the recklessness of America... Yeah, we hid it with a mime's blanket.