Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

UPS

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I purchased some items online last week, of some AlaskaPiks, guitar picks that are supported by the fingernail, and a simple lever capo. General stuff for my guitar I've wanted for a while, and the capos were on sale. I don't usually keep my fingernails very long, usually pretty short. But I figured, if I'm gonna use these picks I'm gonna need something to grab them with, so I've been letting my nails grow since the day of the order. On my right hand. Not the left, you can't play as well with longer nails on the left hand, so I'm keeping them short.

Anyways, I made the order, it was like $30 with S/H, and expected it to arrive yesterday. I work 3rd shift, so I have to sleep in the afternoon, I usually stay up until about 3-4 and then wake up at 9. The package hadn't arrived by 4, so I went to my room and went to sleep, hoping to find it when I got up. I woke up, went in the kitchen, where mom'll put packages if she finds them, it isn't in there. So I check out the side door, nothing. Figure it's gotta be out front, so I go check out on the porch, and I don't see anything.

I went back to my room, got on my laptop to check the UPS site. Says it's been delivered to my porch, at 6:36.

So I'm thinking it's either lost or stolen. I'm going with lost, because UPS loses stuff all of the time. I'm going to give it one more day to turn up, and if it isn't here by tonight I'm going to call them tomorrow to see what they say.

So anyways, have you guys had any problems with packages becoming lost/stolen?

Posted (edited)

If it says delivered, it was delivered. They scan the package as they are putting it at the door which marks it as delivered. So either it was delivered to the wrong location or it was stolen. I would call them up now  and say that you did not receive your delivered package. Make sure you have your tracking number handy and the address you shipped it to.

They will look it up and see where it was delivered, if it was delivered to the wrong place UPS will need to take care of it. Don't let them tell you to go find it.

Edited by Michael (see edit history)
Chimetals likes this

Posted

i havent had any package issues, but then again, my house is hidden up a hill in the woods, so no one would even think to go up there to check for things. likewise, my dorm auto-keeps things for me, though occasionally my parents ship things to the wrong dorm :<

definitely call them, though. 

i though UPS was one of those groups that wouldnt just leave it there? or was that some other group? or a case by case thing?

Posted

USPS will almost always require a signature, around here at least, but UPS just honestly doesn't care. Their pay is based on how many packages they deliver per hour, so they rush and don't care :<

But yeah, I think I'm about to call them to check

Posted

Two Years ago, a friend of mine from internet land sent me a happy birthday letter she made, and I never received it. Which was depressing, because it was made specifically for me, and was homestuck themed, and she spent two hours on it.

Posted (edited)

I literally just had my phone ready, about to hit Call to talk to the local UPS Store, when I went to get the tracking number. I went to the UPS site for my order, lo and behold, it says delivered to carport about 20 minutes ago. I went outside, and sure enough, there's my little package on the steps. 

See, Tappy, even UPS lies :D

Edit: Stupid packing tape :<

Edit 2: These picks are so cool

Edited by Dark_One (see edit history)
Cirt likes this

Posted

i NEVER RECEiVED MY BOOKS FOR SCHOOL iN THE MAiL FOR MY HiSTORY CLASS.....SO THAT CLASS DiD NOT TURN OUT WELL...

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

I was expecting a package from UPS today, unfortunately I was unaware I needed to sign for it. they'll try again tomorrow.

Posted

UPS is my Santa

Posted

I recently ordered Daft Punk's Homework album for kaffles' Valentine's Day; Amazon.com said it would arrive within 2-6 business days, since I paid for expedited shipping, but then the tracking thing said it would arrive within 6-10 business days. Why even say that it'll take 2-6 if it turns out the worst case scenario is the minimum? And it arrived with the case being cracked slightly. So she opens it up and then takes a look, inspects the CD for damage, finds it pristine, and then puts it back in the CD holder, only for the little circular teeth to also break. We both didn't mind; she can get a new CD case, but man, it's so lame. ):