Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

zeldanig: an archive

42 posts in this topic

Posted

zeldanig I would like to get to know you better

Posted

I already love Zeldanig based on his name alone.

Posted

I think we've all arrived at that conclusion yeah

Posted

Dark_One threw a hissy fit over his name last night. Saying it was offensive. Yeah, wutever.

Posted

Dark One is allowed to complain. He's the darkest member of our forum after all.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

"Those three shapes on a screen next to eachother offend me" (nig)

When someone says that they're offended it's just like

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted (edited)

nig is short for niggling.

it's pointless to argue over niggling details, such as why my name ends with nig.

Perhaps Dark_One shouldn't take things in such a niggardly way.

Edited by zeldanig (see edit history)
PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

I wasn't complaining, I was simply pointing out a possible future misunderstanding
I told you in the Skype chat the name didn't bother me, but you were too busy making 4th grade insults to listen

Posted

called you a dumbass like, twice. AFTER listening to your complaints. Which were dumb as ass.

Posted

"Let's be a friendly, general audience forum."

"Jeez why are your complaints about a misleading offensive name so dumb as ass."

I'm willing to bet that most people who come here don't understand the intent, because you can't gather context like that just from reading a person's name. I'm not offended by it, but I think it could definitely be inflammatory in the future. Consider that maybe? Or will you just call any user that complains a lame-o who needs to get with the cool kids?

Posted

"misleading"

That's...very assumptive of you.

Posted

That's very immature of you. I won't play games, you know how it looks. If you're going to be like this I won't hesitate in force changing your name.

Posted

If "nigger" is the first thing you see, maybe you should reflect on your own values and preconceptions before you criticize someone else. The fact that anyone could be so immature to threaten to politically correct a name that isn't politically incorrect in the first place is completely appalling. 

Go do your job, moderator, or are the forums so small that you have to act so niggardly and argue over these niggling details? 

nig could be short for nightingale, or nigrosins, or Nigeria, or nightmare, or nightstick. It could be an acronym for "No Intelligent Girls." It can be whatever I want.

It's not your responsibility to react this way, be you moderator, forum member, human being, etc. 

I say again: If the FIRST THING you think when you see "nig" is "nigger" and you take offense to the letters "nig," YOU have issues.