tumblr_n1s2352OE21r2q07wo1_500.gif

Teto and T1g like this

Posted

it's time for tpp2
you best be prepared son

where will the plot go this season

T1g likes this

Posted

If Totodile's nickname in official lore isn't "King Leer" I'll be terribly disappointed

Posted

I liked "Lizard of the Lake" myself but that'll never catch on.

It was too good though. In the lab, beeline straight to Totodile, Yes, exit. Perfect.

Also, there's a new Democracy system in place. Every hour, the game just switches to Democracy on a timer, and enough Anarchy votes turn it off again.

Posted

I'M SEEING KING LEER IN THE CHAT OH GOD IM SO HAPPY

Posted

i love how they managed to name the trainer but not their pokemon, at least when i dropped in. I wish luck and good fortune to AJDNNW.

Posted

I took a nap in our school library and woke up just in time for us to simultaneously (miraculously) be close to leveling our Totodile and close to a patch of grass we could battle in. It was like steering a ship, with the delayed actions and shouting of commands; I feel like I helped, because people generally followed my commands, even though it seems like most people in the stream right now don't know you can chain them. Then again I was one of the few people spamming like this

USE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLYUSE ADOWNA QUICKLY

so I was pretty visible.

For those who aren't keeping up, we kept not evolving our Totodile; people kept accidentally pressing B, or purposely, once it became somewhat of a joke. We had a tragedy when we ran into a Pidgey and it just barely didn't give us enough experience to evolve, THEN we received a call we had to take, THEN we had to get into another random encounter.

We coincidentally just went into night phase after the Pidgey battle, and we shortly ran into a Drowzee, which come out at night. Another thing you may not care to have known back in the gen I stream, we had a Drowzee we called The Keeper, because when we had to deposit Flareon, he stayed behind in the box, to keep the False Prophet at bay, or just in the knowledge that we couldn't risk losing more Pokemon. Just as in the last game, a Drowzee took a necessary sacrifice in order to further our goals. We KO'd it, and Totodile evolved shortly thereafter. The tension of impending anarchy finally broke less than a minute later, and it was reestablished.

Thank you, Keeper... you're always there to save us from ourselves...

Ammonsa, Teto and T1g like this

Posted

We just had to Democracy our way into fighting Morty, the Ghost gym leader in Ecruteak City; he has a gym that has a specific path you need to follow, kind of like Koga's invisible walls, only if you take the wrong path, you are planted at the beginning of the gym. Democracy mode is now timer-based. We finally got to Morty and anarchy was reestablished shortly after the fight began. Our Feraligatr was paralyzed and ended up fainting.

We switch to Togepi, our weakest, and second-to-last, Pokemon. Morty's AI is kind of weird like early-gen Pokemon AI always was, so it used stuff like Mimic and Curse, rather than the OHKO Night Shade would have been. Maybe to give us a chance.

Togepi uses Metronome; the first time, it went into Barrier. It seemed all hope was lost. Then it used Metronome into SACRED FIRE. (I apologize for the poor image, I wasn't too preoccupied with the stream quality) You can almost see the terror in Haunter's face. Anyway, so that didn't do much damage, but it left Haunter with a Burn. Togepi didn't have to die a hero, but we didn't switch it out in time, and it succumbed to its Curse.

We then realize the horrible situation we're in. We send out Eevee, our last Pokemon. Haunter's on its last legs (heh it has none) and just as it's at its last smidgeon of HP, it uses Curse, committing suicide to lay a curse on our Eevee. Then Morty sends out Gengar, which is all the more hilarious because of how positively sinister Gengar looks in second gen. It just stands there, looming over our Cursed Eevee. Our Eevee has ONLY NORMAL-TYPE ATTACK MOVES. It was like some kind of divine punishment against who we perceived to be our false prophet. Gengar just stood there, using non-attack moves, until it finally put Eevee to sleep right before its will to fight faded to Curse. It was kind of downright creepy.

Anyway so now we have to wait for Democracy to kick back in before we fight Morty again.

UPDATE: When Democracy finally rolled back around, it was canceled immediately. This isn't the first time it's happened, I don't know how it happens, but we were in Morty's gym, so lol. I saw some guy in the chat; he didn't scream, he didn't all-caps, he just simply said "no". I thought this was the most hilarious thing ever, just imagining a guy at his screen somberly expressing his discontent, tears streaking down his stoic face.

Posted

I haven't really been keeping up with TPP but I found this to be interesting.

Chimetals and PrimaGaga like this

Posted

I puppying LOVE the PBS Idea Channel^^

tumblr_n26kim6aDw1rna66lo1_1280.jpg

Posted

THis is basically where I've been. At first I hated the idea and wasn't following it, but then it all changed when I saw how much progress was made. It's almost like some kind of magic. I mean when I first heard about it I thought they would never finish, but here they are playing Pokemon Crystal.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

They have apparently modded it so that Red's team is in fact, the Pokemon he was using at the end of TwitchPlaysPokemon Season 1

なべ likes this

Posted

called it

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

So there is an Emerald timer count down on the stream, but they are still playing crystal....? Does this mean emerald will come whether or not they've beat it?

Posted

Just beating Red, yeah. The Elite Four etc. is all done.

And now they're done, and playing Golden Sun.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0