Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Apocalypse

85 posts in this topic

Posted

I heard and read, even see that the world might come to an end on 2012. What do you say? Is the world really going to finish at that year? I personally didn't believed, but I have my doubts. A mayan calendar discovered here in M

Posted

quite a lot of different things have "predicted" the end of the world and a fair few dates have already passed, im not one to really worry aqbout it personally, you can make anything from anything if you want (read, mountains from molehills)

Posted

They said the world would ent in 1999. It didn't.

They also said it would end in 2006. It didn't.

I don't really believe in those predictions. But they do scare me a little bit.

Posted

It will end 2500-ish.

Posted

We all know that the world will end in a couple billion years when the sun explodes. And I'm serious. Don't believe anything said about when the "end of the world" is going to be. You know why? Because, if it actually does come, what are they going to do? Say, "I told you so!"? :D

Posted

Yeah, G.333 has a good point.

Posted

We all know that the world will end in a couple billion years when the sun explodes. And I'm serious. Don't believe anything said about when the "end of the world" is going to be. You know why? Because, if it actually does come, what are they going to do? Say, "I told you so!"? :D

I've heard is was going to expand, heat us up, kill us, then turn into a super nova not much bigger than the Earth.

Posted

Nostradamus predicted the world would end on the year 3797, unfortunatly for us, his predictions were almost always correct.

It is a mayan belief that says the world will end in 2012, because they believe that Venus was born about 5,500 years ago and they believe it is now time for its winter solace.

As for me, I believe that the world is entering a period of great instability, but I dont think it will actually be destroyed any time soon. I would give us at least another 300 years. I just hope that if humans die, that we dont take all the animals with us when we go. And I'm betting we'll be killed by unforseen circumstances (something like a comet, global warming, rather than a nuclear war or something)

And there's way more hype than needed, when talking about the end of the world.

People went crazy when Y2K was around, I would have been about 12 at the time of Y2K and I remember watching the news about people going crazy and buying up years of canned food so they could live in their bomb shelters. Its funny - you can get a group of idiots across the world causing world-wide panic, if you can get enough people to believe your theory.

Posted

Well I for one think global warming is just a myth! :angry: ....Naw, just kidding, I really do think that the Earth goes through normal heating and cooling patterns....There was more than one ice age. So the Earth gets really hot, then really cold, then really hot again...and the whole global warming thing is completely blown out of proportion.... :unsure: Because this is the first time it has happened while humans were on the earth. So says my old mentor. I wonder where he has gone, or if he's still with us.....PLEASE ANSWER ME!!!! :cry:

Its funny - you can get a group of idiots across the world causing world-wide panic, if you can get enough people to believe your theory.

Excellent.....all is going according to plan.... :unsure:

Posted

For the record, that calendar that they discovered was interpreted to say it would be the end of the world. It was saying something like great trials.

But that part is irrelivant because the cycle of that calendar actualy continues afterwards.

Now look at the book of Revelations in the Bible. There are many predictions that were said to occur before the apocalypse, many have already come true. (also the words armageddon and apocalypse have different meanings, one is destruction of Earth, the other is the final battle between good and evil)

Posted

Well I for one think global warming is just a myth! :angry: ....Naw, just kidding, I really do think that the Earth goes through normal heating and cooling patterns....There was more than one ice age. So the Earth gets really hot, then really cold, then really hot again...and the whole global warming thing is completely blown out of proportion.... :unsure: Because this is the first time it has happened while humans were on the earth. So says my old mentor. I wonder where he has gone, or if he's still with us.....PLEASE ANSWER ME!!!! :cry:

Excellent.....all is going according to plan.... :unsure:

the world do have normal warm and cold periods, but it has never happend as rappedly as it does know. Co2 is the cause of the global warming and we HAVE to face it if we are to stand a chance. You should really watch al Gore's movie...

(and there where humans around during the last ice-age...)

And according to newton armagedion is coming in 2062 or something...

Posted

the world do have normal warm and cold periods, but it has never happend as rappedly as it does know. Co2 is the cause of the global warming and we HAVE to face it if we are to stand a chance. You should really watch al Gore's movie...

(and there where humans around during the last ice-age...)

And according to newton armagedion is coming in 2062 or something...

My teacher geographie says the same as eyeoftruth :P I think he knows better then for example Al Gore :unsure: I mean like all those american presidents/half presidents are a bit weeeeird if you ask me :D american ppl are nice though!

And even if there would be some kind of global warming caused by humans, i wouldn't really care, i mean like we just kill eachother for nothing nd stuff :huh:

But well i'm only 17 so even if I would want to do something about it I woudn't be able to :D so i just try to be happy in life

nd if there comes an apocalypse, well let it come, we can't stop it (as someone else said already but i forgot who) I mean like if you can choose between a life in fear for an apocalypse or a happy life not caring about the apocalypse, then i know what to choose :unsure:

greetz ^^

Posted

newton also tryed to learn lead into gold, like most alchemists at the time, not everything he did was smart...

my friend actually knew Y2K wasn't going to happen, you know how?

he changed the date on his computer to december 31st 1999 (this is before then) and then left it. Next day it said 1st january 2000 and worked fine...

Posted

My teacher geographie says the same as eyeoftruth :P I think he knows better then for example Al Gore :unsure: I mean like all those american presidents/half presidents are a bit weeeeird if you ask me :D american ppl are nice though!

And even if there would be some kind of global warming caused by humans, i wouldn't really care, i mean like we just kill eachother for nothing nd stuff :huh:

But well i'm only 17 so even if I would want to do something about it I woudn't be able to :D so i just try to be happy in life

nd if there comes an apocalypse, well let it come, we can't stop it (as someone else said already but i forgot who) I mean like if you can choose between a life in fear for an apocalypse or a happy life not caring about the apocalypse, then i know what to choose :unsure:

greetz ^^

Actually there is ALOT you can do. And even though you don't care, it will effect you.

newton also tryed to learn lead into gold, like most alchemists at the time, not everything he did was smart...

yeah I don't belive in the acopalypse... I just thought I'd write about what newton thought...

Posted

End of the world in 2012.....Not likely

End of the world when sun explodes.....100% chance since the sun is a star.....

Reminds me of a Song....

"everything we do, and everything we are....

Happens...BECAUSE....the sun is our star....

In all the world, nothing can live....

Without the sun and all it gives."

So when the sun explodes....Yep....We're Screwed.....:o

Sorry if that's considered bad......

But....there is another way......The world COULD end....from global warming, creating mass floods, drowning the entire world....

Or at least.....Sorry to you Americans on this site....I was told by my science teacher (and by watching the incovienent truth, or at least I think That was th second one.....) That If the world doesn't drown.....Numerous countries (Including America) Will drown....

I'LL MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Then again, we can wisen up on global warming, and YOU/WE WON'T DROWN!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But If we Don't.....

I'LL MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Lol, just kidding bought crying. I will miss you guys, but I wasn't crying (For now anyway :o) :lol: