Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo is Doing Fantastic!!!!

43 posts in this topic

Posted

After 5 Months since Launch, the Wii is still selling like hotcakes! For the Fourth Month in a row the Wii on top in U.S. console sales compared to the 360 and PS3!!

------

In April:

Wii- 360,000

360- 174,000

PS3- 82,000

This month, the Wii is also now above the PS2 in sales.

The two best-selling games in April were Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl (DS.) In third and Fourth were Super Paper Mario and Wii Play (Wii.) All 4 together have gone above 1.75 million units sold in just 14 days!

Nintendo has sold a total of 2.5 million Wii's so far!

"Nothing is more valuable in the entertainment world than an evergreen franchise. These new Pokemon titles have cemented their place alongside the most enduring intellectual properties of the book, music and movie industries. And that appeal will expand even further with the introduction of Pokemon Battle Revolution to our Wii home console next month." -Reggie Fils-Aime.

All in all, Go Nintendo.

Posted

First post :D

Wii rocks!

I knew from the start that the Wii would change gaming forever!

Posted

TAKE THAT MICROSOFT AND SONY, YO FANBOYS 'AINT GOT NOTHIN' :D

But seriously, the Wii has to be the best and only [i]true [/i]game system out. The other 2 focus too much on Media.
Also, they steal half their ideas from Nintendo,
Have you heard of "Microsoft Points"?
What about the new PS3 Controller which has motion sensitive functions?
RIP OFF :angry:

Posted

yeah, sony announced it one month after nintendo :angry:

but is this just in america? cause i thought that the wii had sold something like 5 millions on world state....

Posted

woah woah woah, Nintnedo announced the wiimote september 05, Sony announced their motion sensing in June 06, bit more than a month's difference there. If it was only a month that could've thrown up a big possibility of them not having actually copyed because they would've needed to configure it and test it out.

and goronmerchant, with the topic descriptions, it helps if you can give them specific titles, like this one would be under wii. That way if someone clicks on the topic description, they can be shown all of the other posts with the same description. Just a little helper point really..

and worldwide, wii has now reached 7 million sales, just so you know :P

Posted

Well, of course Nintendo is doing well. The Wii brings gaming to a whole new level.
Nintendo has always done well, they have the original games, and they have Mario, Link etc. What more do you want?

I still want a 360 though =P Halo 3 :D

Posted

That's why:
Xbox360 and ps3 are tooooo expensiv and a Wii costs about the half of their prices.
And Wii makes as much fun as ps3 and xbox360 .
And the Wii has the new Zelda game TP I (for example boughed it only because of TP and because I knew that the next great zelda game after tP.#
(Zelda Wii) will be for Nintendo Wii and so I'll have a Wii if it will be released.

Sorry for maybe wrong grammar: :embarrassed:

Posted

It seems like the Wii is catching up on the 360's sales...

Posted

yeah, how much do the 360 have know? 12 millions?

Posted

[quote name='FLIP' post='45159' date='May 20 2007, 10:36 AM']Well, of course Nintendo is doing well. The Wii brings gaming to a whole new level.
Nintendo has always done well, they have the original games, and they have Mario, Link etc. What more do you want?

I still want a 360 though =P Halo 3 :D[/quote]

OBJECTION!

Nintendo's market share has dropped quite severly through the N64 and Gamecube years, it's only just picking up again due to the wii, they've always been good with handhelds, yes, but not home consoles as much, especially recently.

I think the 360 sales are on 11/12 millionish, but there's going to be a surge when halo 3 comes out, having said that i think microsoft have saturated the market with 360s at the moment, to meet their figures for the financial year (ended in april) they shipped all their units into stores, now the stores have to sell most of those before they can ship anymore, which is why theeir figures are kinda stuck at the moment..

runs, out the 360 is not even at 11 million yet
[url="http://nexgenwars.com/"]http://nexgenwars.com/[/url]

Posted

I heard that the 360 was around 8-10 millon-ish consoles sold.

But is that the worldwide sales or just America?

Posted

that was a awesome site gingerlink!

Posted

Only 3 more millions.

Okay, so in seven months the Wii has sold almost the same as the 360 has in one year!?

Posted

in seven months the wii would have been out for 12 months too... :unsure:

Posted

relean was saying the wii's been out for seven months and it's sold as much as the 360 did in a year/over 2 holiday season