Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Music classes

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everyone!

In 50 minutes I'm going to have my first piano lesson of mi life :o

I'm really excited, you know? I knwo a lot of you knows that I really love music, and that I'm always singing end everything. But I really don't know a lot of piano, so I'm nervous about being a little bit... I don't know, maybe n00b is the word I'm looking for.

I believe some of you play the piano (at least I remember Merchant... and someone else, I'm sure!). Probably some of you paly an instrument, how did you chose that instrument? Do you like to play it?

Right now I'm a little nervous, that's why I started this topic... :embarrassed:

Happy posting :music:

Posted

Well, I play alto saxophone (which I kinda suck at) and guitar. I am also obsessed with music. I learned guitar by myself (I used about.com) and I actually take sax lessons (hah). I gonna learn piano sometime soon, I tried to teach myself. It's HARD! But it'll be so worth it...

Don't be worried about lessons! You'll do fine.

Posted

I took piano lessons when I was little. I can play the piano, but I can't read the music that well (My hands can't keep up with my brain. XD)

But I play a lot of other instruments as well. My main one is French horn, but I started on trumpet and picked up baritone and mellophone in the past few years. I'm in the local community band and the school concert/marching/jazz bands.

Yea, I love music, but I hate all that rock/rap/country/popular music....

Posted

Well...I dont know anything about piano, but I'm superb at the clarinet ^-^ Well, at least everyone in my class says so ^-^ So yeah, I love music :)

Posted

Wow, everyone here plays something :embarrassed:

I've just came back from my class... It was awesome! My teacher is really funny and make analogies of everything so its easy and funny to understand how to play!

I think I'm really in the basics for now... But it was really cool!

And I have homework... It was like 2 months ago the last time I had homework :unsure:

Posted

Hi everyone!

In 50 minutes I'm going to have my first piano lesson of mi life :o

I'm really excited, you know? I knwo a lot of you knows that I really love music, and that I'm always singing end everything. But I really don't know a lot of piano, so I'm nervous about being a little bit... I don't know, maybe n00b is the word I'm looking for.

I believe some of you play the piano (at least I remember Merchant... and someone else, I'm sure!). Probably some of you paly an instrument, how did you chose that instrument? Do you like to play it?

Right now I'm a little nervous, that's why I started this topic... :embarrassed:

Happy posting :music:

Don't worry, everyone starts somewhere. :) Even though I don't play piano, I know the keys and everything... As for music, I started playing an instrument in sixth grade. I wanted to play the trumpet, but ended up with a clarinet, because the school ran out of trumpets. :embarrassed: However, I got used to the clarinet and ended up liking it. I'm one of the best in my section, even though I'm a freshman, only one frehman tops me. I'm going to be the smphonic section leader next year, but I want to move up to Wind Ensemble soon, though I could have moved up this year... :tongue:

Posted

I've played piano for years. If you have any questions, ask me.

I started playing piano when I was into a few piano-heavy rock bands (Muse, Dresden Dolls, Ben Folds), and since then I've just kept going. I also started playing piano cos its not as common as some of the other instruments. Nearly everyone plays guitar! (Coincidently, I'm now trying to learn guitar too!)

I love it, and even now I'm studying in a music college, playing piano. Which has shown me just how usefull it is to play piano, because with technology in keyboards I can now use my keyboard to play keyboards, guitar, drums, bass and every instrument imaginable with the programs we use in class =)

Posted

I play drums, piano, recorder, guitar, flute, harp, and ocarina. and I wistle, hum, snap, and sing as well. so if you get stuck on just about any instrument, ask me. :biggrin:

Posted

I've played piano for years. If you have any questions, ask me.

thanks ZuZu!

I play drums, piano, recorder, guitar, flute, harp, and ocarina. and I wistle, hum, snap, and sing as well. so if you get stuck on just about any instrument, ask me. :biggrin:

and... OMG!

Thanks!

Posted

I also want to learn the drums badly...but I can't even make a drumroll last more than 3 seconds... :embarrassed:

Posted

I also want to learn the drums badly

When I was 12 I wanted to learn the drums, but my mom didn't let me :embarrassed:

Posted

I guess I'll just sign up for Drumine to learn it next year... :embarrassed: Anyway, who can play the higher notes like a C and above oclarinet? I can sometimes get them, though they sound out of tune... :unsure: Still a lot more practice to go to achieve that. However, my strongest point in music is sight reading (Seeing a peice of music for the first time, and playing it). I'm arguabl the very best sight-reader in the entire band...including Wind Ensemble... :embarrassed: and that's one of my greatest musical accomplishments. :joy:

Posted

When I was 12 I wanted to learn the drums, but my mom didn't let me

they are louder than most people think! I have to practice when no ones home!

Posted

they are louder than most people think! I have to practice when no ones home!

Yeah, that's one reason why my parents dont really want me to play drums...though, I do have drumsticks to practice with... :embarrassed:

Posted

bass guitar. I know a little on piano less on guitar and even less on drums. I also tried to learn the violin. Bass is the only thing that kept my attention besides piano longer than a month.