Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Music classes

35 posts in this topic

Posted

I play bass guitar and guitar. My brother plays drums, so I can play abit on them to.

Posted

I play the guitar, which im gonna give a go on the radio later today :D

Posted

I play the guitar, which im gonna give a go on the radio later today :D

cool! I hope I don't miss it...

Posted

I took piano for like 5 years, and now I teach myself.

Posted

I took piano for like 5 years, and now I teach myself.

I've only been playing piano for about four months. That's the next instrument I want to learn to play well. :) I want to play guitar, someday, too, but it looks too difficult for me. :embarrassed:

Posted

I've been improving in my piano class... Btu I want some thoughts of you guys!

I recored myself playing, I know I'm still new at this, and that I probably have a lot of mistakes :embarrassed: But I would like you to see the video and tell me what do you think :biggrin:

The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l_WZhFWhyw

Posted

ah,I remember in 6th grade I was in band.I played the trumbone.I wanted to play drums.IK mean,c'mon.They didn't even let me TRY drums.Them I got thrown out because I had been to ISD 3 times.After that I thought,"Bah,I don't need them."So this year,I'm going to make straight A's and get a guitar....and 500 bucks[from my uncle,and no,my parents don't know.]Yes,I know that a guitar is hard to learn.I don't really care.I just want to learn it.I feel like they held me back in band,even if they didn't use guitars there.

Posted

I was told that the piano was a hard instrument to play... It has been hard sometimes, but is just practice. You can do it if you want HF.

...No one has watched my video yet :unsure:

Posted

I was told that the piano was a hard instrument to play... It has been hard sometimes, but is just practice. You can do it if you want HF.

The piano is a bit difficult, but not as difficult to me as some people have told me. I sometimes get lost on the piano, though.... :wacko:

Also, the youtube page doesn't load...at least for me it doesn't... :embarrassed:

Posted

I watched it.I commented on it and rated it on Youtube,as well.I actually want to really learn the guitar.After I learn it,I think it'd be a fun instrument to play.

Posted

I've been improving in my piano class... Btu I want some thoughts of you guys!

I recored myself playing, I know I'm still new at this, and that I probably have a lot of mistakes :embarrassed: But I would like you to see the video and tell me what do you think :biggrin:

The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l_WZhFWhyw

watched the video and commented.

haha it is good, keep it up.. but..

I dont quite know why you did 4 octaves? really if you can do 2 octaves ascending and descending with both hands thats really all you need to do. The third octave is just a repeat of the 2nd. and the 4th is like the 2nd and 3rd, just a little different in the fingering.. using the pinky and ring fingers to finish on.

As for the piano / guitar discussion, I would say they are two of the easiest instruments to learn =) I can play a little guitar and alot of piano.

if you want a tutorial on the scales or whatever I can probably do some and submit them to youtube.

Posted

I dont quite know why you did 4 octaves?

[...]

if you want a tutorial on the scales or whatever I can probably do some and submit them to youtube.

My teacher told me to practice the 4 octaves.

Today I'm starting with other scales, I'll let you know if I have any problem with them :embarrassed:

Thanks a lot for the help ZuZu :joy:

Posted

Yeah I play guitar, bass, piano, drums, I sing, and I plan to learn the violin very very soon.

I took guitar lessons for about 3 months... and I started slacking off on my work... so I quit taking lessons...

now I teach myself and have gotten pretty good.

Bass is basically the same as guitar (minus 2 strings (or at least on mine)) But you can do a whole lot of cool sounding stuff on the bass (like slapping and popping) that just doesn't sound as good on guitar...

Piano is actually pretty easy (to me), the harder part is getting both your left and right hands to play in harmony, my grandmother taught me how to play, now I play on my keyboard all the time (i need D sized batteries for it tho :cry: ).

Drums take a lot of time to get rhythm going... but I love playing em... and you need a lot of leg power if you plan on playing double basses... lol

Singing... well yeah... theres not much about knowing how to sing... it just varies on how good you are... lol... sometimes you can strain your voice too much tho... I just started singing seriously about 3 weeks ago... and I've already gotten an invite to a band at my school... I don't like singing in front of people tho (that should pass soon)

Now I want to learn how to play violin OH SO BADLY!! :D

Posted

I can play alto sax ( and was best woodwind in my jazz band :joy: ) and the ocarina (not that well though)

Posted

I finally have a guitar.My dad has a friend at work who plays guitar,and dude offered to sell one of his guitars to my dad,and so he bought it.The guitar is tuned and everything.I love it.