Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

King Bulbin

33 posts in this topic

Posted

um Goron merchant your theory sounds extremly similar to mine (but then again I've always been a good guesser no seriosly I knew who the killer really was at the beginning of Persona 4) except I took what I learned in WW that Gannondorf wants both Zelda and Link's piece of triforce to become a allpowerful, undefeatable,not to mention imortal being which rivals the powers of the goddesses.

And also I came up with it during gameplay so I thought Zant up until the sages then I thought Gannon

But til I found this site I never thought it was just theory I just thought it was obvious if you put two and two together but I guess wrong (theres a first time for everything)zelda.gif

Posted

... ):

Anyone know when GM's coming back from Chile?

Posted

Ok, this sucks. I typed up an entire response, but it didn't go through. So lemme type it up...again suspicious.gif

Hrm *looks around* No one has been on this thread for months even though it's reallty awesome...all the more reason to start it back up ;)

Ok, to be honest I've never noticed/ speculated on any of this stuff sweat.gif I have a bad habbit of playing a new Zelda game first time withour side quests or anything, just the main plot. Then I play it a second time for the side quests and smaller details. Sucks, I know. Anyway, now that it has been pointed out to me, I think it's down right genius. I kinda did always wonder why Kakariko had such a small population (I thought it was Nintendo bein lazy :P ) but stupid me played TP over and over and never noticed that they wiped out the village. Those are some good points you have there GM and I liked how you back them up.

As for Zant, I have a different opinion. Ganondorf and Link battled epically (I know I don't have spellcheck fear.gif ) and in the end, Link shoved the blade of evil's bane into Ganondorf's chest. Severly wounded, on the brink of death, his loyal servant appears before him.Zant, who is already dead and awaiting his revival form his "god" is probably left for dead (I'll get to that in a bit) but it isn't the real Zant, just an illusion. I think it is more symbolic than reality. Seeing his servant snap his neck more or less shows that it's all over. If the servant is down, he can't get help anywhere else; the Triforce of Power left him! So I believe it more as a symbol. Zant was a man with a one track mind. He wanted to rule the Twilight Realm and cover the world in it, nothing else. He was/ did go to any measure to see it fulfilled. Ganondorf is the same but has more of a backbone to accomplish things himself. He used Zant to become physical and regain all his power. Once that was done, Zant was killed by Link and Midna. He expected to be revived by Ganondorf, but why should he? Ganondorf wouldn't say "Oh, well he's been loyal to me so I should grant him his wish". No. He'd say "Why do I need him anymore? He was a weak asset that has run its course and has no further value. Let him stay dead!" and then go "watch Bambi and laugh at the part where his mum dies" ("The Happy Mask Salesman- Majora's Mask: The Abridged Series" by adamwestlapdog). I think once Zant died, he does like everyone else and goes to wherever it is dead people go. What he hoped to happen was have Ganondorf release Death's clutch on him, but I think would never have happened. If he banished his Phaantom in OoT, why not do the same for a servant?

So that's my opinion on the matter. Oddly enough I said Ganondork one day and thought it was cool how I came up with it, but now I see I was wrong. It's annoying and I didn't come up with it. Hopefully this will send this time...and hopefully someone will bother to read it...