Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wii to get DVD next Year

22 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote name='bmp112' post='85917' date='Nov 13 2007, 11:29 AM']i think the movie companies hshould make the dvds in wii format and call them wiivds[/quote]

Goshdarnit, we have so many people on here who are half human, half animal. First, there's Cg. Then, there's Kitsunechan. Now, there's you.

HOW MANY MORE???!!!!

Posted

[quote name='Ganondorf333' post='85740' date='Nov 12 2007, 02:18 PM']Nintendo has confirmed that it is preparing to add DVD capabilities to the Wii next year. Originally announced only for Japan, the new Wii with DVD abilities has been confirmed now for both Japan and the U.S. Its release through the rest of the world is not confirmed, but I think it seems likely. Nintendo had planned to release DVD playback functionality to the Wii for Japan in the second half of 2007, but they need to concentrate on their production lines to ensure enough devices for the Christmas rush this year.

It's as of yet unclear whether they'll be releasing a DVD uprgade for the existing Wii or just rolling out a new generation of DVD-enhanced systems.[/quote]

looks like Nintendo really messed up this time... those Wii's were Expensive!!! no one is going to want to BUY an upgrade... or even just to buy a new one... good going Nintendo......dorks :o_o: :banghead: :taco:

Posted

Will we need an upgrade from the wiiconnect24?

Posted

The fact that it didnt play dvds was kind of a draw back for me, but not enough for me not to get one... but it does kind of make it lack something compared to (gasp) the ps3 and the 360.

So, if I wanted to get the dvd capabilities would I have to go out and buy a whole new Wii or would it be possible to send it in (and pay of course) to get this?

Posted

they have been talking about this since it came out. i dont think this is going to happen becuase i dont think there is an actual way to play dvd 's on the wii as is (outside of modding). with that being said it would upset alot of the owners that dont have a dvd playing version that have already invested. nintendo cant replace them cause well, that would cost billions.

Posted

Better be a uprgrade-thingy
If it is a WHOLE nother console, my parents won't get it :banghead:

Posted

So, since this topic was made in '07, does it still mean "next" year? or does it mean "THIS" year?