Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twilight Princess Wii: New Sword Controls?

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Producer Shigeru Miyamoto, speaking to Japan's Nintendo Dream, has revealed that the control system for Twilight princess on the wii has been revamped since E3.

If you may recall, the b button was used for basic sword slashes and the nunchuck was used for some of the other sword movements (spin slash and the awesome finishing move). Well the sword can now be swung by swinging the wii-mote, despite having said that they didn't think this would work before. Miyamoto has now said "Upon actually playing it, it's more interesting this way".

------

Another small bonus with this method is now the b button is assigned to use items with, for instance, where at e3 you had to hold the d -pad down to notch and arrow and then fire it, this can now be done with the B button, which should be easier.

It's still not clear whether there will be a choice to which way you can play and whether many other sword actions will be implemented with the wii-mote, but The Leipzig games convention is this wednesday and I've got wind of a big Zelda spill, so you've got that to look forward to!

Posted

Awesome, where do you get this stuff?

Posted

Sounds interesting, can't wait to hear how it actually works.

Posted

I use a newsfeed, i have it on when im on the computer so i check it every now and then for news and that gets me gems like this :P
Although i check IGN a fair bit too and I think that was where it was first reported so meh..

o and another thing mentioned in the interview, Miyamoto was saying we could see quite a fair few gamecube titles remade to use the wii-more and because most of the development costs would already be accounted for, they'd be sold at budget prices! Wind waker the wii-mote :D

Posted

so swinging it triggers a predesighned sword move? or will the directions and angles match to a smal degree?

im up to whatever they like, cant wait for said "zelda spill"

Posted

i reckon it'll probabbly allow for vertical, horizontal and probabbly diagonal slices, although it probabbly won't be much more accurate than that...we'll have to wait and see though, because im not a devloper :blink:

Posted

[quote name='Daedric Lord' post='9799' date='Aug 21 2006, 06:18 AM']Awesome, where do you get this stuff?[/quote]

Google News. You can make your own categories that automaticly display when you go to the main page. I just saw this myself.

Anyway, I cannot tell you how cool this is. Imagine, I am no longer giving Link directions: I AM Link. I GET TO KILL BOSSES! YAY!

Posted

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

I'm definitely getting it on Wii now. ^_^

I wonder if they will reveal if Tingle's new game is coming to North America at The Leipzig.

The jab probably works by thrusting the Wii-mote forward.

Posted

The game just keeps getting better and better... i just hope the wiimote is good

Posted

Sweet, It would be a shame if they passed the oppurtunity to use the control like that since they have the technology.

Posted

PLEASE, EXCUSE MY CAPS!!!! I DEMAND YOU!!!

OH MY. :o OH MY. :o OH MY. :o OH MY. :o OH MY. :o OH MY. :o OH MY. :o OH MY. :o OH MY. :o OH MY.

THAT'S RIGHT. TEN "OH MY'S". BECAUSE THIS NUGGET OF JOY IS WORTH AS SUCH. OH MY. ELEVEN. THIS IS AWESOME. THE BEST THING SINCE THE LIGHTBULB, HERE IT COMES. OH MY. TWELVE. IF THEY DO THIS, IT WILL BE, IMPOSSIBLY SO, BETTER THAN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BEFORE. OH MY. THIRTEEN. Wait. Thirteen's an unlucky number, and even though I'm not superspicious, I am not taking any chances. OH MY. FOURTEEN.

Now, all awe aside, will there be an option for how to use the sword?

(OH MY. FIFTEEN.)

Posted

[quote name='Ganondorf333' post='9839' date='Aug 21 2006, 11:49 PM']PLEASE, EXCUSE MY CAPS!!!! I DEMAND YOU!!!

OH MY. :o OH MY. :o OH MY. :o OH MY. :o OH MY. :o OH MY. :o OH MY. :o OH MY. :o OH MY. :o OH MY.

THAT'S RIGHT. TEN "OH MY'S". BECAUSE THIS NUGGET OF JOY IS WORTH AS SUCH. OH MY. ELEVEN. THIS IS AWESOME. THE BEST THING SINCE THE LIGHTBULB, HERE IT COMES. OH MY. TWELVE. IF THEY DO THIS, IT WILL BE, IMPOSSIBLY SO, BETTER THAN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BEFORE. OH MY. THIRTEEN. Wait. Thirteen's an unlucky number, and even though I'm not superspicious, I am not taking any chances. OH MY. FOURTEEN.

Now, all awe aside, will there be an option for how to use the sword?

(OH MY. FIFTEEN.)[/quote]

I knew this already from gonintendo.com

Posted

well that's your fault for coming to this site late, i think i actually managed to post this before gonintendo, but i'll check...

EDIT: well I found the time, but not sure what timezone gonintendo is in <_<
plus don't complain about seeing it on another site, o sorry can i not post this because you've seen it somewhere else? <_<

Posted

Don't worry GL, apparently nobody but wiiwillwin already knew this. Besides you of course. ;)

I can't wait to play TP!!!!!!!

^_^

Posted

AWSOME :D . I can't Wait untile Wii Arrives!!! I think I have said these words about 5 time now. :unsure: Im So EXCITING!!!!!! :P :P

---------------------

P.S. Sorry about my English Gramma and wrong word stuff, I am from Iceland and ain't so good spelling words and that kind stuff.