Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Game Added to Hyrule.net!

25 posts in this topic

Posted

That's right, our very own Sahaqiel has crafted a game for Hyrule.net. It has been added to the [url="http://hyrule.net/content/games.asp"]PC and Flash Games[/url] section, which is what the Flash Games Section shall be called from now on. (Direct link in Game Title.)
Give ratings if you like.
------

[center][url="http://www.hyrule.net/content/linktortureportal.zip"]Link Torture: Portal Style![/url]

[img]http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8739/screenshotzyq5.gif[/img]
You can play with portals to your heart's content! The Companion Cube, and the Portals are from a popular PC/XBox 360 game called, well, Portal! It's for those who can stand the sight of extremely fake blood! You can beat Link up and see truly humorous speech from both Link and the Companion Cube!

For those who know of my main project, this is not it, this is something to entertain the masses until I can finish, but if it is popular enough, and people request it, I may extend the game. ;D ([url="http://www.hyrule.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4253"]Link to poll can be found here[/url])

Anyways, there are a couple side notes. If Link disappears into a wall, just grab a portal and get him out. Also, if he falls down a hole, or into the Companion Cube's weakness, (You'll see.), then you must restart.

[u][b]WARNING[/b][/u]: [i]CREATING TOO MANY COMPANION CUBES WILL LAG YOUR COMPUTER, AND POSSIBLY FREEZE YOUR INTERNET. IF YOUR COMPUTER IS GOOD ENOUGH, IT MAY BE ABLE TO TAKE OVER FIFTY, BUT OTHERWISE, REFRAIN FROM CREATING TOO MANY CUBES.[/i]

Thank you for playing =D

Special Thanks:
Tappy for trying so hard to get it up here in the first try XD
Dustin for hosting the game =D!!

Credits:

Link sprites, background, and tiles are all property of Nintendo
Credit to Valve for the "Companion Cube", "Aperture Science Heavy Duty Supercolliding Superbutton", and the "Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator", as well as the musical composition, "Still Alive Radio Loop".
Made by Sahaqiel for Hyrule.net.
Copyright

Posted

It is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :joy: :joy: :joy: :D :D :D

Posted

XD Thank you! Defeating the Companion Cube takes work >=D
I've added a poll for those who want the game extended.
Thanks for the support!
Sahaqiel

Posted

Hm...I'll have to try it!

Posted

You should. =O
From what I hear from my Chat-Peers, it is apparently addictive. More than ten minutes of gameplay for most people XD
Sahaqiel

Posted

Cool

Posted

Good game, this has persuaded me to get back to work with my game...kind of...

I created a new physics engine, so I should probabbly do something with that, the physics engine currently has no concept of terminal velocity, although I don't think that ought to be too important in a zelda game, if you get to that point, you're going to die anyway.

Posted

Funness!!!! I'll try that! :D
---
[i]Edit:[/i]Awa.... I can't download it.... :cry:

Posted

That Zelda cube thing

Its Boring

Posted

SAHA I GLITCHED IT AGAIN. XD

Posted

Thanks, Gingerlink =O
When using GM, termincal velocity is actually pretty easy to code...

[code]if vspeed>12
{
vspeed=12
}[/code]

I dunno what you're using, and I'm pretty sure GM7 is different from it, but yeah. (Also, playing with physics engines is awesome fun.)

Arcanelord, it's probably because your computer is spazzing over the fact it's an executable. I wish there was some knid of thing that allowed you to put in your files something that sent a message to your computer for an all-clear. But then, I suppose, anyone with malicious content could get to you. I assure your cimputer, I did not plant a virus on a file I made for the place I have a staff position at, where there are awesome people, and where one of my most visited places is.

Bloodshed, I'm sorry you feel that way.

Ahmet... XD
Nice.
*Picks up phone to call wearing a 'George' nametag*
Sahaqiel

Posted

THE CAKE IS A LIE
THE CAKE IS A LIE

Awesome cubariffic neverending death loop/blue portal bounce game, Saha! :D I plan to lag my internet with it until I can't see anymore! :o

Posted

*Bows*
Thank you, Ganny. =O
By the way, I'm trying to extend the game since there seem to be no objections.
It's getting a bit annoying, however XD
All righty.
See ya peoples.
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='90117' date='Nov 24 2007, 04:37 PM']Thanks, Gingerlink =O
When using GM, termincal velocity is actually pretty easy to code...

[code]if vspeed>12
{
vspeed=12
}[/code]

I dunno what you're using, and I'm pretty sure GM7 is different from it, but yeah. (Also, playing with physics engines is awesome fun.)[/quote]

I'm using flash, but the coding would be almost identical to that, although I'd probabbly want to make it proper terminal velocity or something, along the lines of:ar acce
[code]accel = 12 - vy (speed down)[/code]

Air resistance and all that, that balances it out nicely, if it goes over 12, then it slows down gradually again.

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='90246' date='Nov 24 2007, 05:47 PM']I'm using flash, but the coding would be almost identical to that, although I'd probabbly want to make it proper terminal velocity or something, along the lines of:ar acce
[code]accel = 12 - vy (speed down)[/code]

Air resistance and all that, that balances it out nicely, if it goes over 12, then it slows down gradually again.[/quote]

:huh: