Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Alphabet

64 posts in this topic

Posted

Why are you such a good writer? ;~; I feel bad noooow.

MORE PLZ.

Posted

AWW man i just cant wait for the next chapter to be done!

You really got a good story going. I hope you will continue it!

Posted

im gonna have to read the other chapters later...

i can see this as an anime

Posted

Wow... I actually think you should write a book like this. If you added more story and a bunch of other parts, you could have this published. I think that you should copy and save each chapter, put them in one document, edit it, (grammar and such, the basics) and then try to get this published. Seriously, I read a lot, and this stuff can really sell if you get deep into writing it. But please, keep us updated!

Posted

Chapter 6: A Renewal of Hope

Great. I'm demon spawn. Alex let his head fall limp. He stared at the grass, still unable to move his limbs quite yet. Satan returned to the opposite side of the tree. "You know, it may not ease the situation much... But you're one of the extremely few who were made by a divine being." Alex did not need to speak to communicate what he was thinking. Of course. Woo, bragging rights. Too bad I'm ugly, unlucky, and dead. Alex repositioned himself on the tree. He felt like he could speak. He wanted to ask questions. But he sat on the collosal tree's trunk, waiting for a sign that she was still behind the other side of it. "So who is my mother? You, or the one I grew up with?" There was a large gap of silence. "The one you grew up with... She's your biological mother, but you were created from big sister... Your soul went the way of the others... It disappeared once a suitable body for it to occupy was found." Alex stared at the glare coming from behind the tree's leaves, suddenly aware it was the shining light his own soul shared.

. . .

34:23:56 is what the clock on the wall read. The flames had consumed most of the school. Four cats and three dogs were sitting next to a brown-haired girl who was sitting in front of the flames. An orange cat ran through the door twenty yards behind the girl. It approached the others, and they conversed. "All the firefighters have simultaneously gone insane and have beaten themselves unconscious with lead pipes. All the parents have not reported missing children. This girl has no hope of surviving unless we clear her head." A dog walked forward. "The clocks on the walls are not telling us how much time the girl has. It's merely the amount of time the building has. By my reckoning, she has about twenty minutes." There was an uncomfortable silence. A black and gray cat murmured to himself. "Hurry up! She's not going to last forever!"

. . .

The policemen where getting agitated. They had to apprehend a mass of insane firefighters. The area was being scanned for anything that may interfere with mental processes. There were two doctors dragging off a fireman. His feet were sliding along the ground, his head slack and pointing downward. His mouth was open, uttering a string of something that only he could hear. The first policeman groaned. "I need a break. Where are the other guys?" The second policeman stretched. "Off on some other death filled scene. This has been a truly horrendous week. It's like Death is stalking people from the trees." Coincidentally, a cat jumped out of a nearby tree, looking ruffled and possibly embarrassed. "Well, would you look at that. Maybe the cats are killing the people?" He started laughing a hearty laugh. The other policeman chuckled to himself.

. . .

"So," Alex said, remaining sitting on the tree with his creator's blood, "Why haven't I disappeared yet? Am I to be your company as well?" Alex could mentally sense Satan flinching. "As I said, I created you because I knew the surface world would be in trouble. My original plan was to awaken you as a living being and let you follow the course through to your death." Alex didn't feel surprised. Just a bit used. Nevertheless, he tensed. "But?" He asked. "But," Satan began, "I have a way to return you to life. Whether you die or not is your choice. And your misfortunes would vanish." Alex remained passive. "And if I refuse?" Satan stood up. " Well, then, your beloved is going to die." Alex's eyes opened wide, and he stood up fiercely, perhaps a bit too much so. His knees buckled and he fell over. Satan stooped over and picked a bright red flower with splashes of blue and black. "Here. This is the soul of a flower. I assure you, it lifts the spirits better than carbohydrates." Alex took the flower. "... Will this flower ever be reborn?", Alex said with worry. Satan smiled to reveal straight white teeth. "Plants are like they are in the surface world. It will regrow." Alex sniffed the dainty flower. It smelled of something bitter, like cough medicine. He thought of the girl he had idolized. In one gulp, he downed the flower. He immediately felt a rush of energy flow through his veins, and the flower was surprisingly sweet. He jumped up with no difficulty.

Satan turned to him. "I'm going to give you the body of a person who is your age. He has no family, no friends, and nobody will take notice if he leaves his house." Alex stared at her. "I can't do that! What will happen to him? This is equivalent to killing him!" Satan shook her head. "He is due for death anyway. And he's getting a rank in Heaven, I hear. However, your new name is Dimitri Maelstrom. Get used to it." She stared at his face for a while. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to. All life could end and no-one would have to suffer." Alex shook his head. "No. Because then, no one would ever feel joy. Love will vanish. And I myself might find a better life in a new person. It's a chance to start over." She nodded. "Well. Since you're bound to Hell by the internal structure of your soul, I will have to force you back." She lifted a finger. For a split second, Alex thought she was going to bleed the Truth into him again, but this time, she flicked his forehead. The finger seemed to slip through his skull. Alex's eyes went blank, his body fell to its knees, then onto its face, simultaneously bursting into bright dust that scattered itself throughout the field. "Good luck."

~End Chapter~

Posted

"It's like Death is stalking people from the trees." Niiiice. That's good how you fit that in there. I laughed so hard when I read that.

Posted

Chapter 6: A Renewal of Hope

"So," Alex said, remaining sitting on the tree with his creator's blood, "Why haven't I disappeared yet? Am I to be your company as well?" Alex could mentally sense Satan flinching. "As I said, I created you because I knew the surface world would be in trouble. My original plan was to awaken you as a living being and let you follow the course through to your death." Alex didn't feel surprised. Just a bit used. Nevertheless, he tensed. "But?" He asked. "But," Satan began, "I have a way to return you to life. Whether you die or not is your choice. And your misfortunes would vanish." Alex remained

~End Chapter~

Okay, that part was kind of confusing. Satan hasn't explained what Alex can do to get the world in order, as in why she created him. Please explain this later in the book.

Posted

XD

Intentional plothole, I assure you.

All will be explained eventually. I'm confused why no-one's asked about the talking kitties and dogs.

Sahaqiel

Posted

MY god...you have a gift of the gods. This story was so compelling I was drawn into it. your imagination is so vivid, I loved everyone word of this story.

Your story-writing is wonderful and I really loved this story, my friend. ^ ^

Great job.

Posted

I wonder if anyone notices my references to a variety of religions from Hellenistic "Greek God" religions to Christianity and Judaism.

Hmm.

Anyways, try to spot it. Sorry the chapter wasn't that long, but I felt the need to give you guys one after my picture was finally scanned after all this time the printer cable was missing. ;D

Felt guilty for not updating the story in so long after such positive comments.

Please rate and review!

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

pretty good, and yes, I noticed the greek stuff, persephone, tartarus, etc., but from what religion did you get sephiroth?

Edited by quazy1 (see edit history)

Posted

Truly, a masterpiece. You are an author, Saha. This is the best story I have ever read. Ever. Please don't take another huge pause in between this chapter. Write another one soon.