Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Twilight Princess Footage!

48 posts in this topic

Posted

...Lucky <_< .

Posted

Has anyone noticed that in the Twilight Princess media Link uses his sword with his right hand?
on the pictures he uses his left hand.
and before, Link alwas was a left-handed fighter...... :embarrassed:

Posted

[quote name='TheLegend' post='12230' date='Sep 18 2006, 07:31 AM']Has anyone noticed that in the Twilight Princess media Link uses his sword with his right hand?[/quote]

I don't want to shock you, but *SURPRISE!!*: Reading the posted answers before asking questions about their content [i]actually[/i] answers the question without being asked! :blink:

Oh my god, I just layed open the secret of all forums in front of you: Read, then post. And it's so simple.

Link being right-handed obviously comes from holding the Wiimote (as mentioned). Otherwise it would have felt creepy.

Posted

Apparantly, the Wii will not be region-locked, at least for first-party games, so that means that if you buy an American Wii, you'll be alright.

It also means I can get SSBB as soon as it hits Japan. :D
Then again, that might just be rumor.

And as for right-handed Link, apparently they didn't just mirrored the model for Link, but they mirrored the whole game.

It's not like it matters much, but just throwing that out there.

Posted

Why would they flip the whole game and not just the model? Is there any evidence? Ok, it would make sense if you think about the cutscenes... And it would be cool if you could play it both ways.

Posted

ok, two things im gonna clairfy:

firstly, link is still left-handed in the gamecube version of twilight princess, but he is right-handed in the wii version. This is down to the fact that most people are right handed, so it will be easier for them to play with the wii-mote if link is also left-handed. Nothing has been announced as to whether this can be changed to left-handed for left-handed players, but it can be noted that the animations for left-handed link are perfectly available (i.e. from the gamecube version) so there is little reason not to add an option to switch the hands.

secondly, it was Perrin Kaplan who said that the wii would be region-free, but she's had a habit of misunderstanding region-free before now. Whether or not she made that mistake, it was confirmed the next day by Nintendo UK that it was incorrect, here's a link for an article on it:
[url="http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67653"]http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67653[/url]

Posted

Well, as for evidence, some guy in GameFAQs showed pictures of the pictures from TP in e3, and then new ones in IGN, the whole map was mirrored.

I, now, have to apologize, because apparently, the image was mirrored by someone. So, that was my mistake.

As for the Wii being region-free, I read that from the other topic, you know, the one that announced the Wii's date and price.... I think.

Anyways, I apologize for this mistakes I posted before.

Posted

yer, that was my fault, i posted that and then the region-free was denied, i did edit it and it could still be either, but most likely it's not.

Posted

that footage looked amazing it just SUX that i preordered it for the cube. this is, what the 5th time its been delayed for our cute little lunchbox? AHHHHHHH do u think i should get the wii version too?

Posted

You should, if you want to make the gameplay more realistic...but that's if you have enough money.

Posted

it is unlikely that the graphics will be that much different from the cube version if that's what you're wondering. The only difference now will be the delay (or rumours of a pre-release (before the wii) in europe...that' i've kinda started :P ) and the controls

Posted

I like both versions, but for different reasons, and I still don't have money to buy both... :(

Posted

Maybe they have added some special effects in the wii version, for example litte improvements to boss fights, cutscenes etc... things the GC isn't capable of. They could add them in the wii version and still use the "standard" version for th GC release.

Posted

^^^
Although I totally agree with your idea, Nintendo has already stated that they want both games to be the same experience, wether you had a Wii or a CG, so I dont think that'll happen.

59 more days to go, yay! :D

Posted

hmm...that weird... where is the video? <_<