Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The war on OoT

49 posts in this topic

Posted

Do I seem to care?

What I am "Bent" on, is that too many people give it away to OoT and don't even give other games a GLANCE. Heck, maybe THAT'S why TWW and PH were so underrated. It's because people expect so much from a game not many accepted them. Maybe that's why they're so underrated.

THAT is what I am bent on NOW.

Posted

Do I seem to care?

What I am "Bent" on, is that too many people give it away to OoT and don't even give other games a GLANCE. Heck, maybe THAT'S why TWW and PH were so underrated. It's because people expect so much from a game not many accepted them. Maybe that's why they're so underrated.

You asked for opposing opinions and points. Thats what Joshizzle is giving you. You should care.

And I thoughrt you used to rant about how much you hated TWW.

Posted

Do I seem to care?

The Wind Waker was "underrated" not because it was held up to the standards of Ocarina (Famitsu even gave it a perfect 40/40, which is the same score Ocarina got), but because of the circumstances: it was released with a cel engine after everyone thought we'd get realistic graphics after the Spaceworld teaser. It was released on a console that was written off as "kiddy" and a "joke". It was released during a time when no one took Nintendo seriously except for its diehard fans.

Phantom Hourglass being underrated is a joke. It was practically the only game gamers in Japan were buying over the summer, and what propelled DS sales to what it is now (over 65 million at the last count). Nintendo marketed the hell out of it during E3 because it was the first "true" DS game judging by how it took advantage of the hardware. It's one of the highest rated portable Zelda title in years. Phantom Hourglass is anything but "underrated".

Posted

Look at every game from each generation after Ocarina of Time. Is there only one game from each console generation that is unanimously considered having the ability to completely put every other game released during its time to shame? Not really. Has any other game released after Ocarina of Time considered worthy to take the best of all time title away? Not really. Has any other game released after Ocarina of Time considered to completely revolutionize how we all look at and play video games? Not really.

Ocarina of Time is considered the best ever because it was the first game in an originally 2-D series to make the actual transition into 3-D and actually do it right. It was the first game to implement a little thing we like to call Z-targeting and actually do it right; games have tried to imitate it, but for some reason only Ocarina of Time (and its successors) can pull it off. It was the first game to have a soundtrack that actually gave it a cinematic feel, and matching cutscenes that held up to the standard we consider cutscenes should reach. It was the first game to actually do real-time combat right, without feeling gimmicky or tacked on.

What game released after Ocarina of Time can you honestly say made the same--if not more--innovations that it made? I don't need to prove to you that Ocarina of Time can withstand time and that it can still hold its own today, because it does it for me. Every game created since then has been held up to the same standards Ocarina of Time was graded on ten years ago--storyline, soundtrack, graphics and gameplay. Funny enough, even with the dated technology used to make it, no game has yet to knock off that "best of all time" crown. Why? Because no game has ever made the impact or innovated the way Ocarina of Time did.

Ocarina of Time is the best of its time because of the way it innovated, and it's the best of all time because no other game has yet to do the same for its own time period.

But because you're so bent of proving that Ocarina of Time doesn't deserve the title, which game do you think does? The only other possibility I see is Super Mario 64. Surprise-surprise, that game is two years older than Ocarina is.

You seem to have that gift,Joshizzle.

Although many would argue with me,I would say that the original Halo is probably the best choice for a game that would come close to those standards.I just finally got to play the original Xbox version again and was blown away.I haven't had so much fun with a game in so long...

Posted

You seem to have that gift,Joshizzle.

Although many would argue with me,I would say that the original Halo is probably the best choice for a game that would come close to those standards.I just finally got to play the original Xbox version again and was blown away.I haven't had so much fun with a game in so long...

HF, after hearing you opinions in this topic, I now have a very high amount of respect for you. Your brilliant, your replies are well-thought out and meaningful, very deep.

So yeah. You rock. :embarrassed:

Posted

HF, after hearing you opinions in this topic, I now have a very high amount of respect for you. Your brilliant, your replies are well-thought out and meaningful, very deep.

So yeah. You rock. :embarrassed:

Well,thanks.

That makes me feel great...

Posted

Well,thanks.

That makes me feel great...

I hope so. I mean it.

I'm utterly blown away. This is a side I haven't seen of you.

Your a brilliant kid. Remember that. You'd make a good debater.

Posted

I hope so. I mean it.

I'm utterly blown away. This is a side I haven't seen of you.

Your a brilliant kid. Remember that. You'd make a good debater.

Joshizzle would be better :embarrassed:

Actually,if you ask Amaya,I'm always like this...Well,in here it's a bit different I guess,because I'm always godmodding the crap out of the place...But in reality I'm always a great friend who's there to help if you need me...That's about all there is to it to me...

Posted

Joshizzle would be better :embarrassed:

Actually,if you ask Amaya,I'm always like this...Well,in here it's a bit different I guess,because I'm always godmodding the crap out of the place...But in reality I'm always a great friend who's there to help if you need me...That's about all there is to it to me...

Lol. Well we all know that Joshizzle is a bloody genius. ^_^

I guess I'm just used to you godmodding side. But I believe it. You seem like a very thoughtful person.

Should we get back on topic?

Posted

Lol. Well we all know that Joshizzle is a bloody genius. ^_^

I guess I'm just used to you godmodding side. But I believe it. You seem like a very thoughtful person.

Should we get back on topic?

Yeah.

7h1z v1d 73h sUxx0rz

Posted

You asked for opposing opinions and points. Thats what Joshizzle is giving you. You should care.

And I thoughrt you used to rant about how much you hated TWW.

Nah, I'm done 'bout ranting on that. Though I still DO HATE the Triforce quest.

And by I didn't seem to care, I meant I didn't care if SM64 was a better game, just as long as a game trumps OoT!

Posted

I can watch youtube now but I can't watch the video because

1. It's 8 minuets long.

2. I only have 17 minuets till school.

3. It takes 30 minuets to load a 5 minuet vid.

4. I read the title and I thought I was going to kill someone for even thinking that.

Posted

Ah, the freedom. I must cherish it while I can.

Posted

i kinda agree with that guy in the video but its till a great game

Posted

MORE OPINIONS, PLEASE! CHOP CHOP!!!!!