Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4 Zelda Games in 48 Hours.

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Five boys and extreme Zelda enthusiasts from [url="http://www.cameronbanga.com/"]cameronbanga.com[/url] are attempting to beat the four 3D Zelda games (OOT, MM, WW and TP) in just 48 hours. The boys came prepared with viewers being able to watch their progress via a live webcam feed. They are also accepting donations with the profits mostly going towards charity (some money is being spent on pizza.. but can you blame them?).

------

The boys are playing the games on the Wii in the chronological order that the games were released in, and as of this post they are currently somewhere around the beginning of Wind Waker, having completed Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask*. There is roughly 17 hours left and the boys have already managed to raise $800, only a little short of their goal of $1000, having already beaten their two previous goals of $500 and $750. You can also offer your support by emailing them or sending them a picture. [i] Webcam feed & email addresses are on the website[/i]

* - They have had some freezing problems with the end of Majora's Mask. Possibly related to an Over-heated Wii? The boys Star player attempted the final dungeon of Majoras Mask, only to have it freeze on him three times, meaning he needed to restart the whole dungeon. They have put Majoras Mask on standby and will attempt it again after besting WW or TP.

Special thanks to [url="http://www.hyrule.net/forum/index.php?showuser=3552"]Crusnik[/url] for alerting me of this amazing feat.

Posted

Wow. That is incredible. I'll go check out the website now.

Do you think they'll do it?

Posted

Fair enough. They must have alot of spare time on their hands.
Shouldn't be too difficult if you know what you're doing, but I doubt they'll do it in 48 hours.
Unless they do a game each but at the same time, or if they're doing it one after another =/
Hmmmm. I dunno, perhaps we should have a poll to vote whether you think they'll do it or not xD

Posted

They're doing them one after another. They're currently on WW with 12 hours or so to go. I think they're about half-way through. I can't see them completing TP in less than 8 hours!

Still pretty cool though!

Posted

Ahahaha. It was pretty unrealistic that they could do it then.

Posted

The record for TP is about 6 hours, but if it's taken them longer than 12 hours apiece on the other ones, I don't think they're quite gonna make it...

shame on the majoras mask side of things though, that probabbly annoyed them a lot...

Posted

Yeah I think MM is what (might) cost them their loss, it is somewhat tedious and it must drive them insane to have it freeze on them. 12 hours each game is probably beatable for the average zelda pro.. and you could probably cut some time off some games, especially TP, if played right.

Posted

I watched them play. They suck. I could beat four 3d zeldas in 48 hours. People are giving them to much credit. Yes this is an excuse for attention and to party but nothing else.

Posted

Pshh. I beat those four games once a week. *twitch* :unsure: Anyways, I can see that MM problem really getting to them (Three times?! Now that has to be frustrating). Ah, I wish them the best o' luck, and I hope they somehow do it.

Posted

I didn't even know that Majora's Mask was on the VC. Well, I think that TWW and TP are gonna take longer than 48 hours.

Posted

my little quote thing isnt working...
[quote]I didn't even know that Majora's Mask was on the VC. Well, I think that TWW and TP are gonna take longer than 48 hours.[/quote]

It doesnt have to be on the VC, they could be playing it from the zelda collectors edition that used to come with the cube :D

Posted

... These are all the greatest times for the game being beaten on a console, some beaten in /single-segments/: Ocarina of Time: 4:46(Single-Segment), Majora's Mask: 3:37, Wind Waker: 6:42, and Twilight Princess: 4:47(Single-Segment). But, of course, these took many tries to get those times, but still, it makes not even a day, 19:12, these people should've made a route to take as well as tried this before. If they're not using glitches in there runs at all, then nevermind this post, I haven't watched them, yet.

Times were taken from Speed Demos Archive: [url="http://www.speeddemosarchive.com/"]http://www.speeddemosarchive.com/[/url]

Posted

Well, just checked up on them and they're on the last boss of WW. I think, the video quality is reeeeeeally bad. Sadly, its not going to happen, unless they pull something spectacular out of the bag and beat TP in 5 hours. Fair play for trying though...

Posted

They must be playing the Collectors Edition if it keeps freezing. It happens to me all the time in that one. If the others are working fine, I don't see why it would be the Wii's fault.

I'd love to do this though, but just me and my best friend Micah on a day that we;re really bored and have nothing to do, haha!

Posted

Interesting.... I hope they'll do it. :biggrin: