Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Survival of the fittest

118 posts in this topic

Posted

Ryu picked up the card and swipped it through the reader, the lock buzzed and opened. "Unauthorised user in core room!" a computerized voice said. "Scanning complex.... intruders in compound. Further scanning needed linking up to sattelite network. Planetary scanning initiated... Earth population is off by 99% input is needed." Ryu looked around and pointed to himself. "Me, you want me to tell you?" he asked it. "Affirmatiive, please explain the drastic drop in human population." "A alien bacteria called Savage it killed almost everyone, except for a few that were immune." Ryu looked around this place. "Who are you and what is this place?" he asked it. "That information is classified." it answered him. "Classified for whom, everyone who worked here is long dead." The machine was silnet for a moment then responded. "Afirmative, this is Prototronics site number 15, experimental genetic research." "why did you tell me that?" he asked. "Inquirer Ryu stated that the classified material was classified top secret by persons no longer living hence that information is no longer classified." Ryu's eyes widened. "So that means you will tell me whatever i need to know?" he asked. "Affirmative subject Ryu." Ryu opened the door "Hey everybody come quick you won't believe what I found!"

Flynn, and the others soon arrived. "What is it Ryu?" Asked Flynn. "this is the Central Core, check this out!" "Core when was this place built?" he asked. "construction on this facility began in 1990 and finished in 1992." Flynn looked at ryu and the rest. "Amazing it's a fully interactive A.I.!" Falcon said. "Core what can you tell us about Adam Baylin." Karen asked. "Subject unknown,searching hard files....Subject Adam Baylin was a child prodogy that was approached by Prototronics and used as an asset for their research. When it became clear that subject Baylin was uncoopertive he was scanned and used in genetic research. Subject Baylin was injected with project codenamed "Mix-Master"." karen looked at the others in the group and their facial expressions were identical. "What was Mix-Master?" she asked. "Project Mix-Master was a synthetic DNA splicing agent, subject Baylin was injected with a combanation of Canis lupus, Gorilla gorilla, Panthera leo and Varanus komodoensis." Ryu looked at Flynn. "What is that unc?" he asked. "Canis Lupus is wolf, Gorilla gorilla is obviously Gorilla, Panthera Leo is Lion and but i'm not sure what Varanus Komodoensis is?" he said. "That's Komodo Dragon!" Carson said. "Carson I said to stay with the helo!" Ryu said. "I was going to but the hundreds of bloodthursty savage coming up the mountianside made me think twice." "Core is there another way out of here besides the way to the heliport?" Flynn asked. "Yes, the garage is seven floors down on the right side." Flynn grabbed portable harddrive and connected it to the system. "Core transfer data on all projects to this hard drive and commence self destruct." "Working.....beginningf transfer of all systems and files............transfer complete.....innitating self destruct......core breach in 10 minutes." Flynn grabbed his stuff. "Core is their any cure for Adam?" he asked. "Cure can be found on fifth level room 91." Ryu get everyone to the ground level garage, i'll go to room 91 and get the cure." Ryu grabbed his arm. "But unc, the place will blow up!" Flynn moved Ryu's hand. "I'll be fine, just go!"

The Savage horde smashed their way into the helipad door and started flooding into the complex. "Heavily infected humaniods detected in complex, self destruct in 9 minutes." Flynn jumped down whole flights of stairs and made his way to the fifth level and Ryu, Karen, Carson, James and Hikari ran past him. "I'll be there in a minute Ryu." Flynn made his way to room 91. "Core are you here?' he asked it. "Yes Flynn." it responded. "Where is this cure?" he asked. "Mix-Master negator located in subdirectory 99, cryounit number 57." A cylandrical container opened and a large vial popped up. "HGow do I inject him?" he asked. "The hypoinjector gun in drawer 15, just place vial inside chamber and inject into the carotid artery." Flynn placed the vial and gun into his sack in a small cooler. "How much time is left?' he asked. "youhave seven minutes to evacuate. "Flynn returned to the stairwell and ran down the remaining flights of stairs. "Unc you made it!" Ryu shouted. "Told you I would!" he smiled. "What do we got for transport?" he asked. "The vehicles tires are flat and the tanks are dry!" Carson said. "The omniconveyor is still opperational Flynn!" Said the Core. "What is the Omniconveyor?" asked Flynn. "A light switched on revealing a large looking ATV. "What is that thing?" asked Ryu. "The Omniconveyor was created by Prototronics for NASA for use in the planned Mars mission. It's hull is made of pure titanium and it's tires are made of inpenetrable synthoid rubber. and it is powered by a prototype nanoshock powersource, and a reminder you have 4 minutes left." "Alright everybody fall in and strap in!" Flynn shouted. "carson can you drive this thing?" Flynn asked. "If it has wheels and moves I can drive it!" Carson sat in the drivers seat and Flynn moved into the sideseat. "Hold on folks, this may be bumpy!" He shouted. "Carson pushed a couple of buttons and turned a key. "is it on, I don't hear anything!" He stepped down lightly on the accelerator pedal and the conveyor shot forward. "I gues it is, hold on!" he shouted. he slammed the pedal to the metal and smashed through the garage door. It screached down a leaf strewn driveway as the complex behind them sat in silence. "power core breach in 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1!" The power core flared to life electrical energy ached from the generator and sparked off the main core. Looking out the back window the entire mountian erupted into dust sending a large mushroom shaped cloud of fire and ash into the air. "Look at that!" Ryu said. "Hold on everyone, shockwave coming!" shouted Flynn.

A day or so later they returned to Omega 1. The Omniconveyor drove into the city and parked at the ATAC staging area. "Hey guys welcome back!" said Murphy. "What happened to the chopper?' he asaked. "It's buried under a mountian, but this more than makes up for the loss of the Helo." Karen take my bag and give Adam his shot, Falcon go to computer control and hook in that HD into the city's computer.

Posted

Karen ran into the infirmary and saw Adam lying in bed. "Adam, wake up" she shouted. "I wasn't sleeping, they gave me something to keep me awake I went beserk again!" karen pulled the hypogun from Flynn's bag. "we found the cure!" She placed the barrel on his neck. "This is probably gonna hurt." she said as she pulled the trigger. Inside Adam the serium quickly went to work. The heart pumped it all over his body the DNA cleanser washed over his altered genetic structure and cleared out the altered DNA leaving the human cells untouched. Adam began to flail about in pain. "Adam what's wrong?" Karen asked. "I feel it, i'm changing." He screamed and fainted. "What happened?" asked Flyn who heard the screams. "it's done, the cleanser was incredably fast acting!" Flynn and Karen left adam to sleep. "What's gonna happen to him now?" asked Karen. "He can stay for as long as he wants." Arthur and Jin were easdropping around a dark corner. "Did you hear that sir?"asked Jin. "I did, tell me did that cleanser wipe out the Ragnarok sequence you gave him?" Jin nodded his head. "Most likely and that was the last batch we had." Arthur punched the wall in anger. "Damn I guess well have to find some other way of cleansing the world!"

falcon ran out of computer control his eyes wide with excitement. "Flynn cxome here quick!" he shouted. "What is it did you find something on the HD?" Falcon smiled. "Did I find something you bet your ass I did!" he ran into the room and sat at in his chair. "Computer, can you hear me?" he asked it. "Yes carmine I can hear you." it responded. "That sounds like the Protronics core!" Flynn said. "That's because it is, it downloaded itself as well as all of the data!" "It's good to hear your voice again core!" Flynn said. "This voice is meerly an electronic representation of Marcia Zant the late wife of August Zant." "never the less it's good to know you survived." Flynn turned to falcon. "What does this mean to us here?" he asked him. "It means that this city has a completly unique AI integrated into all of it's systems." Flynn looked at the computer. "Can you make it so only we as in you and I only have complete access to it?" he asked. "Sure, computer only accept commands from director Derek Flynn and computer chief Carmine Falconi, respond." "Authorization codes accepted Derek Flynn and Carmine Falconi."

Karen ran to get him. "Flynn Adams awake, and he has something to tell you, you better bring Carson." Carson Flynn and Karen returned to the Med center. "What is it Adam?" asked Flynn. "It's Arthur and Jin, they are planning something." "What do you mean planning something?" asked carson. "They tried to get me to do something but the DNA cleanser distroyed it, they are arthurians!" Carson looked at him in shock. "Arthurians here, Flynn the Arthurians were the ones who destroyed London and rumor has it Japan as well!" Flynn grabbed his walkie. "Alert we have members of a terrorist organization in Omgea 1, subjects Arthur Pelihagon and Jin apprehend and hold for questioning!"

Marko grabbed his radio. "I see them near the weapons storage unit!" "Don't let them reach that unit!" Flynn shouted. "I'm sorry sir, I tried to stop them but that guy jin, stabbed me!" Flyn grabbed his gear and ran to weapons storage. "Ryu, Sai what do we got?" he asked. "Arthur and Jin have barracaded the door, there's no way in!" "Flynn only you have access to the weapons in there what do we have?" she asked. "We have tomahawk cruse missles and fox missles as well as a large assortment of high calibur weapons and...a class 1 nuke!" Sai looked at him. "You brought a nuke into Omega?" "We were gonna use it's fissionable material to power the nucular power plant, but we never got around to it." "If they set off that nuke half of Omega 1 will go up!" Flynn grabbed his gun and slung it around his back. "That's not gonna happen, because i'm goin in there!" He ran around to the far side of the complex and shot a retractable ladder to the ground from a hig scaffolding. he sneaked up the metal frame and made his way inside through an open window. "The nuke is primed and ready for detonation Jin." said Arthur. "No, don't do it!" said Flynn. "And why not?" asked Jin. "The forth worlds time is at an end and pretty soon the Arthurians will lay waste to the remaining pods of humanity left." Flyn placed his gun on the ground and walked closer. "Is that what you want Arthur?" asked Flynn. "Don't bother with Arthur!" Jin said. "His mind has been so broken that he'll cluck like a chicken if I tell him to!" Flynn turned back to Arthur. "is that true arthur what did they do, they lie to you tell you that your parents hated nobody liked you but them? That's what cults do they brainwash people into believeing that nobosy cares but about you but them." Arthurs cold uncarring face began to change his angry eyes began to fill with tears. "But you know what I think I think that your family loved you isn't that right Artie, I bet that's what your mother called you, Artie?" Arthur's hidden memories flashed before his eyes like a movie.

Artie and his mother were sitting on a park bench Artie had falled down and scrapped his knee. "That's my brave boy, you see everything is better now!" she said placing a Band-aid on his cut. "You just remember that mommy loves her Artie always. Arthur was back in the room, Jin's gun pointing in Flynns face. "I've had enough of this!" Jin shouted. He pulled the trigger and Flynn fell to the ground. "NOOOOOO!" shouted arthur who shot Jin in the head. "Flynn are you alright?" Asked Arthur. "he ran over and fell to his knees near Flynn limp body just as the rest of ATAC ran in. "Flynn, Flynn are you...?" Flynn sat up. "I'm fine!", he opened his shirt exposing his kevlar vest." Thank god for bulletproof vests!" arthur ran to the nuke and deactivated it. "I remember everything now, The Arthurians said that my family abandoned me, but in truth they kidnapped me!" Flynn placed his hand on Arthurs sholder. "What he said about the plot to cleanse earth is that true?" he asked. "No the truth is that the Arthurians are all dead, he was the last one!" Ryu rushed over and helped his uncle up. "You always have to get in trouble without me!" James shouted to him. "It's just more fun that way big guy!"

As they left the compound they stopped and watched the sun set. "Now what unc?" asked Ryu. "I have no idea but truthfully I can't wait to see what happens next!"

The End

Just Kidding, There are many more adventures ahead for the citizens of Omega 1. Get writing people!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

"Hmmm" "What is It big guy?" asked Ryu, " well things have cooled down so much that things are just boring, I mean no savage attacks, no terrorists, even the recruits don't have much to do." " Ohhh."

Posted

The black figure looked at the ruins of Prototronics. "Why build one when you can have two? Or even more!?!" he asked the air, and then laughed. He then tossed a gun, hi-tech and all, onto the ruins. "Once Adam tells them of remembering me telling him of a weapon here, they'll come searching again. And they will find this." He then laughed again.

Posted

The black figure looked at the ruins of Prototronics. "Why build one when you can have two? Or even more!?!" he asked the air, and then laughed. He then tossed a gun, hi-tech and all, onto the ruins. "Once Adam tells them of remembering me telling him of a weapon here, they'll come searching again. And they will find this." He then laughed again.

Everybody who worked at Prototronics is dead, the Core said so when it scanned the planet looking for top employees. That's why it told the classified information to the group.

One year later...

Flynn kissed Shelly on her cheek and left the bed. "Derek, it's 4 A.M. what are you doing up?" she asked. "Can't sleep honey, bad dreams!" She sat up. It's what Adam told you again isn't it?" she asked him. "They took him Shelly, he was so smart his parents didn't know what to do so they just gave him away." She looked at him. "It's a parents worst nightmare, how can you be an adult when your child knows more than you!" Flynn walked into his bathroom and splashed water on his face. "How is Arthur doing?" she asked. "He's fine, his dormant memories are coming through more than ever since the cult programming was broken." A loud cry emanated from a baby monitor on the nightstand. "Abby's awake again!" Shelly said with a yawn. "Stay in bed hon, I'll get her." Flynn walked to the room that Ryu once inhabited. "How is my girl?" he asked of the baby in her crib. he picked her up and held her close to his chest he then sat in a rocking chair and rocked back and forth. the gentle beating of his heart lulled Abby back to sleep.

The next morning.

Flynn's eyes opened, the new day sun filtered into the blinds. Abby stirred in his arms and looked up at him. "Daddy asleep?" she asked. "Yes." he said his eyes still closed. "Daddy you are talking!" she said with a grin. Flynn stood up and walked into the kitchen, Shelly was there making breakfast. "Marco came by and brought over eggs!" she said with a smile. "Actual eggs, what's the occasion?" he asked. "Maria is pregnant!" she said with a smile. "No way, pregnant?" Flynn put Abby in her highchair and poured some cereal on the tabletop for her to eat. "eat up honey!" he smiled. Flynn sat down and piled an egg and a few pieces of bacon onto a piece of toast. "Where are you going?" Shelly asked. "I'm late for a meeting!" he said with a smile. "But you're the boss, they won't start the meeting without you!" Flynn grabbed his bag and went out the door. "Daddy hurry Mommy!" Abby said. "yes baby Daddy hurry!" she said with a frown.

Adam sat in his room at the med center, his suitcase packed sitting next to him on the bed. "Adam you're still here?" asked Karen. "I don't think I'm ready to go!" Adam said. "You are, I know it." she said with a smile. "But I don't like being alone in a strange place." Karen walked over and sat next to him. "You're not going to be, your apartment is right next door to Randy's and mine." Adam looked at her. "really nobody told me that!" his frown turned into a smile. "And tell you what, if you need to talk day or night just knock on our door!" Adam stood up and grabbed his suitcase. "Let's go!" he said with a smile. A small sketchbook fell from his case and hit the floor. "Adam what is this?" she asked about a series of dark figures sketched inside. "I've seen him in my dreams, the dark man!". "who is he Karen asked?" Adam shook his head. "he worked at the lab, and was integeral in my programming, I remember his saying something about an experimental weapons cache in the lab." Karen looked at him. "weapons, I better tell flynn!"

Posted

Im so lost......could ya fill me in on whats been happening the last year? like what meeting, what weapon cache thinggy, i don't know half of the stuff you guys are talking about :wacko:

Posted

Im so lost......could ya fill me in on whats been happening the last year? like what meeting, what weapon cache thinggy, i don't know half of the stuff you guys are talking about :wacko:

Adam Baylin was taken by Prototronics when he was just a kid. They were going to use his genius in their research but when he refused to do their bidding anymore they subjected him to gene splicing techniques using the aptly named Mix-Master. The man in black programmed him with the location of hightech weapons to use in the fight to survive. Another character Arthur was part of the terrorist cult the Arthurians who nuked london and tried to nuke Omega 1 until Flynn caused Arthur's mental conditioning to break.

The reason we jump ahead was inspired by the program "24" which has long amounts of time pass between seasons.

Posted

I read all of the posts but like...what meeting? and yahda yahda...... :unsure: I get confused easily :wacko:

Posted

Everybody who worked at Prototronics is dead, the Core said so when it scanned the planet looking for top employees. That's why it told the classified information to the group.

Ah, but that's just it; the black figure didn't work at Prototronics, he owned it. Also, I still had a plan for him.

Posted

im still lost :boohoo:

oh well!

you can change my post in any way you want if i get something wrong.

Ryu burst out of his apartment and within' seconds he was flying down the street, in the process of strapping on his gear. He slid literally 10 feet when he rounded the corner. He stamped his foot down and shot forward again. "Hey Murphy!" shouted Ryu flying past him. As he was approaching the med center Karen stepped out and he had to grind his boots into the ground to stop in time, "Hey, whats up?" he asked. "Where's Flynn, i need to speak with him." Shasked. Ryu shrugged, "I think he's on his way to the meeting, but i don't know." "hmm. When you see him tell him i need to speak with him." Ryu nodded and ran off again.

Posted

Does Arthur have to be healed? If so, then there's really no purpose for him. He could be still tricking the people of Omega 1. Also, when I created him I said that there were 4 other Arthurians with him. Now there are three. Anyway, Arthur told Flynn and the others that there were no more Arthurians, meaning he lied.

Posted

Does Arthur have to be healed? If so, then there's really no purpose for him. He could be still tricking the people of Omega 1. Also, when I created him I said that there were 4 other Arthurians with him. Now there are three. Anyway, Arthur told Flynn and the others that there were no more Arthurians, meaning he lied.

In my mind Arthur is an allegory for the state of humanity at the present time. He was manipulated by Jin into blindly following the cult programming. Jin lied and told him that other Arthurians remained to force him into the end game. Arthur is healed because humanity must be healed. And the healing begins with Omega 1.

But if your still bummed about the cult you can bounce some ideas off me about your man in black who doesn't run prototronics because August Zant was the owner and he's dead.

Posted

In my mind Arthur is an allegory for the state of humanity at the present time. He was manipulated by Jin into blindly following the cult programming. Jin lied and told him that other Arthurians remained to force him into the end game. Arthur is healed because humanity must be healed. And the healing begins with Omega 1.

But if your still bummed about the cult you can bounce some ideas off me about your man in black who doesn't run prototronics because August Zant was the owner and he's dead.

...Why do I keep forgetting things like August Zant being the owner?

Okay, I'll rework my guy in black a bit: He was a "partner" of August Zant, but made sure that nothing about him was put into the computers. This man manipulated Zant to, in reality, work for him. This guy's origins are mysterious, but it was known that there was something a bit "unhuman" about him. Also, this guy has an IQ that's to high to count, and wants to rule the world. He must not be killed though, because I plan to make him involved on the sidelines and in Adam's memories. But he can't be revealed to all until far later.

On a side note: This guy is covered in black, hood and all. Also, technology or not, he is able to become invisible and/or not be seen by cameras.

If all of this is not going to fit, tell me and I'll think of something else, but whatever you do, HE MUST NOT BE REVEALED TO ALL, yet.

So far, that's all I have.

Posted

...Why do I keep forgetting things like August Zant being the owner?

Okay, I'll rework my guy in black a bit: He was a "partner" of August Zant, but made sure that nothing about him was put into the computers. This man manipulated Zant to, in reality, work for him. This guy's origins are mysterious, but it was known that there was something a bit "unhuman" about him. Also, this guy has an IQ that's to high to count, and wants to rule the world. He must not be killed though, because I plan to make him involved on the sidelines and in Adam's memories. But he can't be revealed to all until far later.

On a side note: This guy is covered in black, hood and all. Also, technology or not, he is able to become invisible and/or not be seen by cameras.

If all of this is not going to fit, tell me and I'll think of something else, but whatever you do, HE MUST NOT BE REVEALED TO ALL, yet.

So far, that's all I have.

Sure that's fine.

Flynn sat at the head of the briefing table. his hands folded neatly as stragglers flocked in. "What did I miss?" asked james who took a quick seat. "Nothing, I was late myself." Flynn said. He looked at his senior staff. Randy Disher, Ryu Flynn, James Keiffer, Sai, Carson, Karen and Falcon. "First of all lets go around the table and see how things have been going, Sai how's the katana training progressing." The training is going great, the new recruits are progressing swiftly, but our Katanas are few and far between, i want to build a workshop where cadets can work steel and make there own Katanas." Flynn nodded. "we have some left over mortar and cement left over from the wall construction, as for ore we have pleanty of recycled materials to chooses from." He turned his attention to Ryu. "How's firearms training progressing." Ryu nodded. "basically the same, the rookies are really good at what they do!" "James how about Rampart division?" James stood up. "The guys are a bunch of snivvling little momma's boys, but they woun't let you down boss!" "karen how about Adam how's he doing?" "adam is fine, he's fully clear of the animalistic DNA and his memories are returning his memories involve Prototronics and they're expirements as well as a casch of experimental weapons." Flynn stood up. "Did you say weapons?" he asked. "In addition to cutting edge genetics research they also worked in weapons research for the government." Karen said. "Some hightech weapons will really let us have the edge over the redheads boss!" James said. "I agree, but we can't go off half roostered, we don't even know if the place is still standing, we'll check the area in sattelite control and then go and see meeting adjourned." They all stood up to leave. "James hold up a minute." Flynn said. "if the place is still there do you think that the Rampart division is ready for a field test?" james smiled. "You bet boss!" James said. "Go and get the team ready on stand by i'll check out sat control."

Flynn walked into Falcons computer office. "Hello Carmine, hello Core." Carmine nodded. "Hello Mr. Derek Flynn General of ATAC and head of opperations for Omega 1." Flynn shook his head. "It's just Flynn Core, just Flynn!" "Sorry Just Flynn." she said. "Never mind!" He walked over to a large monitor. "Core patch me into the signal from the Prototronics lab." it shifted the sattelite and read the location for Prototronics. "That sight is blocked by an aplha level firewall that is double encypted." Core said. "Can you decrypt it core?" he asked. "It is done." Flynn looked at the grainy ruins of the false mountian. "Can you get a better shot from any other orbiting sattelite?" "Wait please." it scanned through every orbiting artificial body left. "Found one just Flynn, sattelite Zulu Tango Delta 957." Carmine looked at Flynn. "I've never even heard of that one, and i've charted all of them up there!" "Satelite designated Zulu Tango Delta 957 was launched by the CIA in cooperation with MI:6 in 1989." "Are you saying that it's an active spy satelite?" Flynn asked. "yes Just Flynn!" "Alright zoom in on the site." The camera zoomed in to an incredible degree. "That's amazing, it looks like the ruins are still passable, people might actually be able to traverse safely!"

Flynn walked over to James' training ground. "James looks like your mission is a go, but only if he says it's alright to enter." James looked at him. "Who's that boss?' asked James. Flynn turned around and saw the man he was escorting chatting up a cute female Rampart rookie. "Ronny, get over here." the tall muscular African American walked over. he put a pair of thick glasses back over his eyes. "James I don't believe you've met this is Dr. Ronald Mallett." "Nice to meet ya Doc!" James said with a hearty handshake. "You sick Flynn?" asked James. "I'm a PHD not an MD James!" James looked at Flynn. "What did he say?" "Ronald is a structural engineer, he will assess any severe damage to the structure and if he deems it unsafe you get back here post haste, if it alright you grab anything that looks like a gun and any tech readouts and companion manuals yo can get your hands on, comprende amigo?" James smiled. "Si, si a thousand times Si!" James patted Mallett on the back. "Geez doc you work out, well come on lets tell the probies the great news!"

James walked to his rookies who were stained with mud after doing something James refered to ass Muddy Push-ups. "alright you feckless maggots were going on a little excursion, get your selfs cleand up and ready in 30!" The cadets walked away. "Doc you wanna join me for a latte?"

Posted

So they are going back to the ruins of Prototronics, right?