Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's a Taste of Voice Acting in Brawl

43 posts in this topic

Posted

I prefer Link's TP voice more; some of the screams he did in [i]Melee[/i] were a bit annoying.

Posted

lol

Meta knight + Darth vader = META KNIGHT BEING MY SECOND FAVORITE CHARACTER!!! FORGET ABOUT MARTH/WOLF BEING SECOND FAVORITE!!!! :joy: [size=1]He might even boot Lucario out of first.... :unsure:

[/size][size=2]Metaknight ALWAYS rocked anyway, so i was kinda expecting him to toally rock! but i didn't know he'd be [i]this [/i]awesome ^_^ Darth Vader = Pwnage[/size]

Posted

[quote name='That's Mama Luigi' post='126447' date='Mar 3 2008, 04:06 PM']Meta - Knight reminds me of Darth Vader.... :huh:

Pit sounds retarded....

and Ike, I think, has a different voice that in POR....[/quote]

exactly what i was thinking but did you notice the person skipped a lot of 1) sounds and 2) characters so i think that the person just chose the suckiest ones out of all of them except for Pit and Meta-Knight

Posted

[quote name='Ganondorf333' post='126275' date='Mar 2 2008, 03:58 PM']:huh: Some don't sound too great, but I can live with them. Hopefully, the Zelda characters don't say words.

Ganondorf would scare me.[/quote]

Same here, G333. Especially with his TP voice sounding like a teenaged boyband volcalist. but then again, that is my opinion. xD

Fox's voice scared me....same with Ike's corny 'I fight for my friends' thing. Thats just retarded. Its a good thing the only two characters I will probably ever use unless being forced to unlock a character with will be Toon Link and Sheik. xD I refuse to use Zelda. I always transform to Sheik in Melee. And refuse to turn back. Everyone always critcizes me for it.

A small glimpse of what happens when I play SSBM with my buddy and play as Sheik. Yes, Im Taylor. xD The one talking to me is Sam.

"Taylor, use Zelda, GODDAMMIT."
"No. I dont want to. Zelda can go get kidnapped. Sheik is better anyways. He's an awesome ninja."
"I hate you, Tay."
"Why? YOURE not the one USING Zelda/Sheik!"
"BECAUSE YOU WOULD KILL ME FASTER."
"And you WANT that to happen? You know, If I wasnt Sheik right now, I'd be kicking your whiny arse as Young Link."
"...No."
"Yes. I'd kick It all the way to the Sacred Realm. Now shut up and play."

Wow that was a long post. xD

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='126569' date='Mar 3 2008, 11:16 PM']I prefer Link's TP voice more; some of the screams he did in [i]Melee[/i] were a bit annoying.[/quote]

well they did kinda mess it up in melee.. I'm talking about his voice in Ocarina of Time, in my opinion it's much better than TP.. =P
more on topic though, SSBB is gonna be completely awesome to play whether the voices sound great or not.. bad voice acting can ruin some games, but Brawl looks solid enough for it not to make a difference. Just a few more days!! :grinninglink:

Posted

yea...Meta Knight is my new favorite character...for now... :unsure: i'll just have to test Lucario and Meta Kight over and over untill i decide which one handles right for me.. :wacko: I'll try ALL the characters untill i find the one im best with, then i'll ONLY be that charatcer for a LONG time XD

Posted

[quote name='levi' post='126819' date='Mar 5 2008, 03:13 AM']exactly what i was thinking but did you notice the person skipped a lot of 1) sounds and 2) characters so i think that the person just chose the suckiest ones out of all of them except for Pit and Meta-Knight[/quote]

yeah, plus I reckon a lot of these of these are taken out of context. If used with the backing music and other effects from where they're used, chances are they will sound a LOT more natural.

Posted

they all sound weird to me.
and you actually have to unlock Lucario.

Posted

I'm sure I found a voice clip of Ganondorf somewhere, or similar to his "Muahahaha" thing from Melee, it is scary...I don't understand why people call it the complete voice acting list, there are 3 videos, and he doesn't cover many more than 12 total.

Posted

That's a disappointment. Why must they talk. Do they have subtitles? This is why video game characters DON'T TALK! :angry:

Posted

[quote name='Y. Link Addict' post='126980' date='Mar 5 2008, 04:20 PM']That's a disappointment. Why must they talk. Do they have subtitles? This is why video game characters DON'T TALK! :angry:[/quote]

They don't. This is just for Sound Test (and maybe some taunts).

Posted

Wow... Pit's voice sounds bad... I mean really bad...

Posted

[u][i][b]LAND MASTER!!!~[/b][/i][/u] -Echo-

:landmaster: