Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's a Taste of Voice Acting in Brawl

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Fox,Ike,Falco = OK :unsure: sorta...

Meta knight = darth Vader WOOT! :joy:

Others = OMG THEY SUCK!! :ohmygod:

Posted

[quote name='NathanOfLight' post='126027' date='Mar 2 2008, 06:04 AM']I'm kinda disappointed by the voice acting, they didn't sound like I thought they would. But oh well :P[/quote]

It's kind of obvious that how you thought they'd sound is how you think they'd sound best, and considering everybody thinks they'd sound different, it probabbly isn't going to work out the way everyone wants it.

Posted

meta knight sounds like Darth Vader. :huh:

Posted

Hmm... well I wish that they could step up the voice acting just a bit, but I didn't mind Metaknight's, Falco's, or Ike's. Though his saying of, 'I fight for my friends' got me a bit weirded out.
The ones I absolutely loathed and was utterly freaked out by were Fox's and Pit's.

Like, I was so freaked out that I got that awkward feeling in my stomach ('ts what happens to me when I hear/see something I really dislike.) Man, I hope King Dedede's voice is okay (if he has one. They didn't show all of the Brawl Roster's voices anyways.) He was going to be like my favorite character (along with Ike and Kiby and the lot.)

Metaknight's voice pwned. The best said line he spoke (in my opinion) was, [b]'Behold.[/b]' That sounded so freaking epic, I was like, 'YES!' =D

Posted

meta-knight's voice sounds like he's from a kung-fu movie :unsure:

Posted

Pit's voice sounded like I had imagined it would sound like...

Posted

Fox sounds gay

Posted

:huh: Some don't sound too great, but I can live with them. Hopefully, the Zelda characters don't say words.

Ganondorf would scare me.

Posted

Interesting. Meta Knight has the same voice actor as Deghensia from Fire Emblem. I always thought they got new voice actors for different games.

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='126090' date='Mar 2 2008, 05:06 AM']It's kind of obvious that how you thought they'd sound is how you think they'd sound best, and considering everybody thinks they'd sound different, it probabbly isn't going to work out the way everyone wants it.[/quote]

Yeah, that's why I said "kinda" - They're not too bad. I think the only one I really didn't think fit was Pit - I know he's not an adult of course, but I expected his voice to not sound so pre-adolescent haha.

Posted

[quote]I know he's not an adult of course, but I expected his voice to not sound so pre-adolescent haha.[/quote]

I expected that, I did not, however, expect him to be so feminine. I can't help but wonder why so many games and cartoons have women playing the roles of boys, always confused me... :wacko:

Oh and if YouTube director comments are accurate, you need not worry about king Dedede's voice being screwed up, since apparently he says[i] nothing[/i].

Posted

The voices from melee would I rather like. :embarrassed:

Posted

Meta - Knight reminds me of Darth Vader.... :huh:

Pit sounds retarded....

and Ike, I think, has a different voice that in POR....

Posted

My main concern is that Kirby's voice seems deeper than that of Melee, and I thought that was a perfect pitch for a small pink ball.

Will try and find an accurate link soon, it would be spoiler filled though so...At least I only know how to link video...

Posted

I'm disappointed with Link's voice being the one in TP, although it makes sense seeing as they used that model. In all honesty though, I was disappointed with his voice in TP too, I much preferred his OoT voice. But what'cha gonna do... :unsure: