Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dustin's Technological Workshop

25 posts in this topic

Posted

I have been considering for a long time holding a workshop/class type session on the chat or the paintchat (super secret beta) to share some stuff I know about some certain topics. I know some of you are interested in computers, electronics, and various technology and I know quite a bit from being obsessed for years and am about to graduate from OU in Computer Engineering... some topics I might discuss are:

* Basic electronics - Resistors, capacitors, current, voltage, L.E.D.'s, inductors, etc.

* HTML, CSS

* ASP

* Basic internet - How it works. TCP/IP, common protocols, IP addresses, etc.

* Visual Basic

* Basic IRC functionality, services, etc.

* IRC Protocol (RFC) - The behind the scenes working of the IRC protocol

* Basic Computers - How 1's and 0's become all that you see and here on a computer. How it all comes together to form something so huge.

* Advanced electronics - Transistors, Mosfets, Opamps, CMOS, etc.

* Microcontrollers - How you can get started on them, what you need, basic assembly

* Building a computer - Everything you need to know to build your own computer (and save tons of money)

* SQL basics

* mIRC scripting basics

* Digital Design - Designing digital circuits, Karnaugh maps, reducing, SOP and POS forms, basic gates, DeMorgan's

* PHP

* VHDL

* Java

* Photoshop

* C/C++ (im rusty on these though)

* much more

Anyone interested? There are tons more topics I could do also.....

Posted

I'm up for it.

Mainly for the electronics, but still.

:3

Posted

I have been considering for a long time holding a workshop/class type session on the chat or the paintchat (super secret beta) to share some stuff I know about some certain topics. I know some of you are interested in computers, electronics, and various technology and I know quite a bit from being obsessed for years and am about to graduate from OU in Computer Engineering... some topics I might discuss are:

* Basic electronics - Resistors, capacitors, current, voltage, L.E.D.'s, inductors, etc.

* HTML, CSS

* ASP

* Visual Basic

* Basic Computers - How 1's and 0's become all that you see and here on a computer. How it all comes together to form something so huge.

* Microcontrollers - How you can get started on them, what you need, basic assembly

* Building a computer - Everything you need to know to build your own computer (and save tons of money)

* SQL basics

* mIRC scripting basics

* Digital Design - Designing digital circuits, Karnaugh maps, reducing, SOP and POS forms, basic gates, DeMorgan's

* PHP

* VHDL

* Java

* Photoshop

* much more

I'm in.

Posted

That's awesome.

I'll do it.

Posted

I guess I'll pop in there and help you with some of that stuff. I would actually be interested in how transistors and stuff work. I don't really know about that.

Posted

I'm interested in learning :) Although 1 thing I would like to say... When I tell people that I built my computer they totally freak out... my always response is "It's NOT hard" You only really need basic knowledge of that PC's parts: Motherboard, HDD, CD-ROM, PCI, Video Card, Sound Card, DDR RAM, CPU, CPU HeatSink, and if you want to get all technical Liquid Cooling Systems.

Each Motherboard comes with a manual... read this... it actually helps after that It's all like a FUN puzzle... that's if you remember to be grounded :)

My Computer that I built contained:

ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 Video Graphics Card

ASUS P4C800/P4P800 series

Intel Celeron D I think 2.28GHz

512 MB DDR RAM

80GB HDD

and costed around 200$ not sure it's been a while... built it in 2006 (8th Grade)

It's not the best but it works. just could use some more RAM... oh let me tell you... NEVER INSTALL VISTA ON A COMPUTER WITH 512 MB OF RAM.

Posted

I'm interested in learning :) Although 1 thing I would like to say... When I tell people that I built my computer they totally freak out... my always response is "It's NOT hard" You only really need basic knowledge of that PC's parts: Motherboard, HDD, CD-ROM, PCI, Video Card, Sound Card, DDR RAM, CPU, CPU HeatSink, and if you want to get all technical Liquid Cooling Systems.

Each Motherboard comes with a manual... read this... it actually helps after that It's all like a FUN puzzle... that's if you remember to be grounded :)

My Computer that I built contained:

ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 Video Graphics Card

ASUS P4C800/P4P800 series

Intel Celeron D I think 2.28GHz

512 MB DDR RAM

80GB HDD

and costed around 200$ not sure it's been a while... built it in 2006 (8th Grade)

It's not the best but it works. just could use some more RAM... oh let me tell you... NEVER INSTALL VISTA ON A COMPUTER WITH 512 MB OF RAM.

Never install Vista anyway, it's pure bullcrap.

Posted

Vista is complete bullcrap, until you take that stupid Firewall off...

I came SOOOO close to downgrading to XP. Everytime I would try to open something, it would ask me for permission to do it... I'm like :huh: ...

Um... DUH. I opened it. I'm not gonna deny myself permission to access this part of my computer...

But I disabled the firewall, and it runs just like XP, but better. XP still has a few things that Vista doesn't... but I still like Vista.

Posted (edited)

* HTML, CSS

* ASP

* Visual Basic

* SQL basics

* mIRC scripting basics

* PHP

* VHDL

* Java

* Photoshop

* much more

fine, i'm in for the C & C++.

i'm going to learn C# soon.

that may help

i don't suppose you know C#

Edited by Lightly Dark Garo Master (see edit history)

Posted

I can greatly help you teach the following...

• HTML, CSS
  • Basic IRC functionality, services, etc.
  • Basic internet - How it works. TCP/IP, common protocols, IP addresses, etc.
  • SQL basics
  • mIRC scripting basics
  • IRC Protocol (RFC) - The behind the scenes working of the IRC protocol
  • PHP

I'd love to learn about most of the rest of the stuff. ^-^

Posted

Can you teach me how to make tables?

Posted

I'd love to join.

(i've really been wanting to learn the stuff on the list for some time now :) )

(i bet CO would love to join too. I'll tell him about this :biggrin: )

Posted

Sign me up i wanna know bout photoshop and HTML and stuff like that and video editing stuff

Posted

EPIC BUMP

Posted

Wow, you brought this back from the grave.