Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HELP!!! :'(

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, so I heard about Hyrule Online beta recently, and decided to check it out. The first time I tried to download it, it was invalid and corrupted so I tried a different method: I just decided to open it. Same thing happened, but a couple minutes later, the Winzip unzip a file program came up, so I went through with it.

As soon, as I unzipped the file, all hell broke loose.

1. My toolbar became gray and looked like some sort of old Windows toolbar

2. I attained a new purple and red cursor, which changes when loading to an American Flag blowing in the (invisable) wind (and I'm not American. If my Dad saw this, I'm done for), as well as a bat flapping it's wings

3. Whenever I save something, some sort of strange audio comes in (it sounds like it's from a movie. Something about, 'Hop like a bunny or somethin.') It's freaking me out. :fear:

Weirdest part, I can't find the unzipped file. Geez I hope I didn't get a virus. :cry:

If my Dad finds out about this, I AM TOAST. and when I say toast, I mean stuck in a Toaster, burned to a crisp and eaten. :fear:

Heck, even when I'm typing my cursor is purple and red!!

How do I get rid of this? I must've downloaded a package of some sort. How do I get back my old toolbar?? HELP!!! :cry::cry::cry:

And this is all 'cause I wanted to download the beta of Hyrule Online...

Posted (edited)

Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs

And I do believe that Hyrule Beta is a complete con.

Edited by AarghZombies (see edit history)

Posted

Wow I didnt know your father was a cannibal.

anyway, for the toolbar i recomend running a virus scan (cant be too safe!) as well as an anti-spyware program like Ad aware (free).

after that if you still dont have any luck, try searching for that zip file on your computer if you know its name and also try looking through your internet options maybe something in there will tell you where it is.

Posted

(it sounds like it's from a movie. Something about, 'Hop like a bunny or somethin.') It's freaking me out. :fear:

ROFFNAR, ROFFNAR, that's hilarious

:lol:

sorry, i just can't stop laughing, hop like a bunny :P

yes, i also doubt the existence of hyrule online, it's april fools day and few can un-zip the file :tongue:

Posted

ROFFNAR, ROFFNAR, that's hilarious

:lol:

sorry, i just can't stop laughing, hop like a bunny :P

yes, i also doubt the existence of hyrule online, it's april fools day and few can un-zip the file :tongue:

I sent you the file and you still doubt it

:(

Posted

Okay, so I heard about Hyrule Online beta recently, and decided to check it out. The first time I tried to download it, it was invalid and corrupted so I tried a different method: I just decided to open it. Same thing happened, but a couple minutes later, the Winzip unzip a file program came up, so I went through with it.

2. I attained a new purple and red cursor, which changes when loading to an American Flag blowing in the (invisable) wind (and I'm not American. If my Dad saw this, I'm done for), as well as a bat flapping it's wings

3. Whenever I save something, some sort of strange audio comes in (it sounds like it's from a movie. Something about, 'Hop like a bunny or somethin.') It's freaking me out. :fear:

Weirdest part, I can't find the unzipped file. Geez I hope I didn't get a virus. :cry:

If my Dad finds out about this, I AM TOAST. and when I say toast, I mean stuck in a Toaster, burned to a crisp and eaten. :fear:

How do I get rid of this? I must've downloaded a package of some sort. How do I get back my old toolbar?? HELP!!! :cry::cry::cry:

i dunno, purple and red? sounds awesome to me! bat? sweeet. american flag? not so much...

Posted

To get rid of a toolbar, click view(up at the top, around file), toolbars, and click the ones you want or don't want on. Ones with checks are on.

Posted

Too bad you went through all this just for a April fools joke

lol you gotta admit we all were fooled

Posted

If this isn't an April fools joke, are you using windows, os x, or Linux?

Posted

Thanks guys. I checked for a Virus with a Virus scan, and it said that it could detect none, so thankfully, no virus. :)

And my Dad found out last night, got mad at me, but we both fixed it, and now we have our old, normal toolbar back (yay. :D)

My punishment is just cleaning dishes for the next 2 weeks, so it's not too bad (well, compared to other punishments he's given me.)

Thanks for all your guys' help, it helped a lot! ^^

p.s: Shadowknight, this wasn't an April Fools prank. I really did get a new weird toolbar from trying to download a supposed beta, which turned out to be a prank.

Posted

you see Saria_Kokiri (can i call you SK?) it was Hyrule online was a prank, everybody got fooled, even me.So bascially it wasn't meant to be unzipped.So i think some gltchy things happen like in a game.Something you did that wasn't suppose to be done.

Posted

Hyrule Online wasn't the cause of this...

simply just had to right click desktop ->properties->Theme Drop Down Menu->Windows XP or which ever one it was before.