Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyrule Online Development - Getting Started

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Hyrule Online is developed in [url="http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/smf/"]Eclipse Evolution[/url]. Click this link to visit their very useful forums. There are all kinds of tutorials on coding and help in the forums there.

The scripted parts of Hyrule Online use Vbscript (same as ASP and Visual Basic). Review the code I've done so far or read tutorials and code snippets on the EE forums.

You can also get together with other developers in #hyruleonline on the chat. Connect to the chat and type /join #hyruleonline

Posted

Well first off:
We working on it so there are more poeple and yeah maybe some things need to stay clear so it is better to give all some tasks ;)
Like 3 people do maps
other 3 do script
other 3 do sprites
(just to be image what I mean ;) )
And if teh development team will give it to dustin they could put everything together easy (so not like 1 sends a map to dustin cause if you place just a map in teh eclipse that was not made on teh same thingy computer most of time it won't work (I have that xD with a backup I tried to place into new one same map images but no it didn't work just black map)
---
So ... Real link already did join
We have no team name but... just you know teh only one development team and there will be only 1 cause else it won't work...
So it is not join but team work you have to ;)

Posted

[quote name='Adr990' post='135566' date='Apr 4 2008, 01:11 PM']Well first off:
We working on it so there are more poeple and yeah maybe some things need to stay clear so it is better to give all some tasks ;)
Like 3 people do maps
other 3 do script
other 3 do sprites
(just to be image what I mean ;) )
And if teh development team will give it to dustin they could put everything together easy (so not like 1 sends a map to dustin cause if you place just a map in teh eclipse that was not made on teh same thingy computer most of time it won't work (I have that xD with a backup I tried to place into new one same map images but no it didn't work just black map)
---
So ... Real link already did join
We have no team name but... just you know teh only one development team and there will be only 1 cause else it won't work...
So it is not join but team work you have to ;)[/quote]
yes i'm here with no programming,sprite making or map making ability at all but ill try to come up with ideas>:)

Posted

Other things:

Depending on which 'fishing' square from the tilesheet you put down, it determines the type of fish you can catch from it. For an area to be fishable, the user must be able to stand on the tile next to it, facing it. The way the script works is that when a user tries to use their fishing pole, it looks at what tile is in front of them. If its a fish tile, then they can fish! The bombing thing works the same way but with the crack in the wall tile.

You can BOMB the crack in the wall (one on the first screen) if you have a bomb in your inventory. Go to the shop to buy one. To make a crack in the wall, put a hole in the wall on a lower layer, then put the crack tile on top of it. Then make the crack a solid, non-walkthrough wall. Now when a bomb is used on it, it will show an explosion animation, remove the crack in the wall layer so only the hole shows, and it will remove the solid attritbute. This lasts like 15 seconds or something before the hole fills in.

Posted

Dude, that's perfect. =O
Muffin, UltimateZeldaFan and I are spriters.
Well, the only ones that show up in chat.
But yus, we could help.
Sahaqiel

Posted

I do much Mapping (and item and NPC and stuff) (I added some Map images even!)
Later will scripting things too ;)
I made already some items and NPC
Rupee's you get with things like NPC killing ;) or you get a item ... ;)

Posted

Me and CO could help.

We make a good team.

(We could possibly do Mapping. Though he'll want to do spriting i'll try to convince him otherwise... :P )

Posted

If I do mapping (later scripting xD)
You guys make teh spirtes?
Than it will a aswome team ! :D

Posted

I would help but I can't seem to make it work =\

edit got it to work I just need some help on basic menu editing/changing. I will probably revamp the GUI and get rid of the default ones with epic cools ones :D

edit #2

does anyone know how to change the menus like images etc? mainly aimed at dustin =\

here is an example of the menu image I'm working on:

Please don't steal it seriously...

Posted

I suck at like everything that has to do with programming, so I won't be any help. Sorry.

Posted

I have found out how to menus and all is coming together awesome! I hope to get all menus including game screen done in a while will post some updated screens as I go.

Here is a picture of the first menu you see. Current Completion 50%

Posted

Edit menu's (or shop/bank and stuff):
HyruleOnline-latest\HyruleOnline-latest\Client\GUI
Go to there and you will see it... (edit it with your edit program)
To find out witch is by shop/bank is easy...
It stands under it ;) not like menu_1 menu_2 Just Shop or Bank ;)

Posted

[quote name='Dustin' post='135421' date='Apr 3 2008, 04:29 PM']Hyrule Online is developed in [url="http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/smf/"]Eclipse Evolution[/url]. Click this link to visit their very useful forums. There are all kinds of tutorials on coding and help in the forums there.

The scripted parts of Hyrule Online use Vbscript (same as ASP and Visual Basic). Review the code I've done so far or read tutorials and code snippets on the EE forums.

You can also get together with other developers in #hyruleonline on the chat. Connect to the chat and type /join #hyruleonline[/quote]
can you post the download here when your done making :embarrassed:

Posted

[quote name='real link' post='136699' date='Apr 9 2008, 12:33 PM']can you post the download here when your done making :embarrassed:[/quote]
Errhh xD
He public it as open source so WE could work on it xD of course dustin helps but...
It isn't finished so we could help now ;)

Posted

[quote name='Adr990' post='136712' date='Apr 9 2008, 01:20 PM']Errhh xD
He public it as open source so WE could work on it xD of course dustin helps but...
It isn't finished so we could help now ;)[/quote]
i mean when it is done not that its done now but it would be awesome if it were done now :unsure: