Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo to release white GameCube controller for Wii

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Adding to the list of peripherals for Wii, Nintendo is releasing a polar white Nintendo GameCube controller, matching Wii's (as well as Nintendo DS') color scheme.

------

[center][img]http://www.slashgear.com/gallery/data_files/1/4/6/WiiGCcontroller.jpg[/img][/center]

Of course, this is a Japan-only release, and no word on it coming to North America, Australia or Europe.

The controller's cord in three meters long, or nine feet. It will retail for 2000 yen, the equivalent to around $20.

Source: [url="http://www.slashgear.com/nintendo-to-release-special-white-gamecube-controller-for-the-wii-1011126.php"]Slashgear[/url]

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='136988' date='Apr 10 2008, 11:50 PM']Adding to the list of peripherals for Wii, Nintendo is releasing a polar white Nintendo GameCube controller, matching Wii's (as well as Nintendo DS') color scheme.

------

[center][img]http://www.slashgear.com/gallery/data_files/1/4/6/WiiGCcontroller.jpg[/img][/center]

Of course, this is a Japan-only release, and no word on it coming to North America, Australia or Europe.

The controller's cord in three meters long, or nine feet. It will retail for 2000 yen, the equivalent to around $20.

Source: [url="http://www.slashgear.com/nintendo-to-release-special-white-gamecube-controller-for-the-wii-1011126.php"]Slashgear[/url][/quote]

You know what they should really do, they should rerelease the Wavebird Controller for the Wii. It was a great controller.

Good idea on Nintendo releasing a matching controller though.

Posted

Well you could buy it everywhere ad 3rd party now Nintendo come up with it... (Nintendo is jealous?)

Posted

Thats pretty cool that it matches everything... But I am useing used Gamecube controllers and they work great, I probably wont need another

Posted

What the hell's the point? Seriously. It's a GC controller, don't we already have one?
And even if you didn't have a GC controller already, why would you buy games for the GC, and play them on the Wii if you already have a Wii?

Epic fail -_-"

Posted

[quote name='FLIP' post='137044' date='Apr 10 2008, 12:10 PM']What the hell's the point? Seriously. It's a GC controller, don't we already have one?
And even if you didn't have a GC controller already, why would you buy games for the GC, and play them on the Wii if you already have a Wii?

Epic fail -_-"[/quote]
Not when there are people who picked up a Wii who haven't never had a GameCube. Not when GameCube games are compatible with Wii, and one may have lost the controller needed to play them. Not when Wii games like [i]Mario Kart[/i] and [i]Brawl[/i] are GameCube controller compatible. Not when one can use the controller to play Virtual Console games.

Common sense is not so common.

Posted

i have two gamecube controllers but one doesnt work at all and one is really small and you always go up when you dont want to so this seems pretty good if it does come out...

Posted

I wish it was wireless or the cordwas longer...

Posted

I prefer the Wii remote and Nunchuck (Spelling?), but I can see why some people would want this-so they can play GC games on their Wii if they lost their old controller or one doesn't work, and such.

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='137059' date='Apr 10 2008, 03:48 PM']Not when there are people who picked up a Wii who haven't never had a GameCube. Not when GameCube games are compatible with Wii, and one may have lost the controller needed to play them. Not when Wii games like [i]Mario Kart[/i] and [i]Brawl[/i] are GameCube controller compatible. Not when one can use the controller to play Virtual Console games.

Common sense is not so common.[/quote]

I mentioned all of that, and also dude;

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='137059' date='Apr 10 2008, 03:48 PM']Not when there are people who picked up a Wii who haven't never had a GameCube.[/quote]

Shouldn't it be have never. Not haven't never.

But that kind of defeats the object of the Wii-remote. You can pick up a gamecube controller on ebay for like

Posted

All the same, it's not like this affects anyone outside Japan anyway. For now, this is a Japan-only release.

Posted

[quote name='Tappy' post='137094' date='Apr 11 2008, 01:02 AM']I wish it was wireless or the cordwas longer...[/quote]

3m seems long enough, I'm sure that's about twice as long as the original cable...

although, ignoring the cable length, I know gamecube controllers that had this design, my friends got one and they're not so hard to pick up...

Rereleasing the wavbird would be nice though, with a smaller receiver too (so the wii can be on its side, although it may be able to do so, just, anyway)

Posted

i think that is really kool

Posted

[quote name='Adr990' post='136994' date='Apr 10 2008, 02:18 PM']Well you could buy it everywhere ad 3rd party now Nintendo come up with it... (Nintendo is jealous?)[/quote]

not jeleous, only people (like myself) would much prefer to buy an official controller of that colour scheme :)

Posted

It's not wireless so I bay something else instead