Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What's your favourite cut-scene in The Legend of Zelda series?

44 posts in this topic

Posted

I was just wondering what everyones favourite cut-scene was in any Zelda game. Mine would have to be Link's first meeting with Ganondorf in Ocarina. Just after Impa and Zelda escape on horseback and the young princess throws you the ocarina of time. You witness Links true courage when he draws his sword infront of Ganondorf.

One of my other favourite cut-scenes is the ending to the wind waker. After the triforce is shattered I get the feeling that it is the very end of poor Ganondorf :P

One more would have to be just after you beat the Lakebed temple in Twilight Princess. When you learn the true meaning of the fused shadow and the insanity and chaos it can cause. Also you get to see two Dark Links which is pretty neat :)

Posted

-moved to gameplay discussion-

:moderated:

Posted

My favorite would be the one in Twilight Princess, where Ganondorf breaks free of the chains in the Arbiter's Grounds, and obtains his sword. The shiny one.

Posted

The Ocarina of Time end credits count, right? I love that part to death.

I also liked the final boss battle scenes in the Lakebed temple, especially the arena. It was like something out of a dream to me. Or something. I dunno. I just really liked it. XD

Posted

Um... in TP when

The Seven Sages are trying to seal Ganondorf, but Ganny kills one of the sages and escapes.

Posted

I'd agree with Arcanelord, that's definately one of the better cutscenes. I quite like the ending credits to Twilight Princess as well.

Posted

From Ocarina of Time, when the Deku Tree tells the creation story, opening the Door of Time, when Sheik reveals herself to be Zelda, and when Zelda calls on the Sages after Ganon's defeat. Also, when brainwashed Nabooru turns into the Iron Knuckle and she has no axe xp).

Twilight Princess, though, had the best cutscenes in the series, I think (mainly because of the graphical and orchestrated advantages it has over the other games). Ones of note:

-both opening cutscenes (when Link's riding across Hyrule Field and the trailer that plays after it)

-Ilia and Colin's kidnapping

-Link's transformation into a wolf

-when Zant confronts Zelda at Hyrule Castle

-the trippy scene when Lanayru tells that story, with the Exorcist Ilia and Link

-when Zant confronts Link and Midna at Lanayru's spirit spring (that seriously freaked me out when Link turned around and Zant popped out of nowhere)

-when Zelda saves Midna

-when the Sages reveal Midna as the Twilight Princess

-the flashback when Zant confronts Midna and turns her into an imp

-Ganondorf's execution

-Yeta's possession

-Midna destroying the barrier over Hyrule Castle

-confronting Ganondorf at Hyrule Castle

-Zelda's possession (and exorcism)

-when Zelda acquires the Light Arrows

-Ganondorf's death and Midna's restoration

-the ending credits and Midna's departure

Also in all the 3D games, the opening cutscenes when you first visit an area. I personally like the Temple of Time, Gerudo Fortress, Desert Colossus in OoT, and from TP, Hyrule Field, Hyrule Castle, the Temple of Time and Lake Hylia.

Posted

you missed one of my other favourites, Colin being kidnapped (for the second time)

Posted

Each of these exhibits massive spoilers. Don't read unless you would like to see them. Also, most feature someone getting owned.

-Also near the end of The Wind Waker where Ganondorf is about to touch the Triforce and gets owned by the King. Then he laughs like a maniac. He obviously experienced some sort of cerebral spasm. This is my second favorite; see the last one for my favorite.

-Definately the one in Twilight Princess where Ganondorf rips the sword out of his gut and owns a sage before getting thrust into a different dimension. :P

-The one in Twilight Princess where Ganon turns into the giant head thing after getting owned by Link, then Midna puts on the Fused Shadows and tries to own him, but he owns her instead.

-The one in The Wind Waker after Link gives the last pearl to the last statue. I don't know why, but it''s funny when he thinks it's going to explode, but it doesn't, then he goes to inspect it and it owns him.

-My favorite: the varying, one and a half second cutscene in The Wind Waker that takes place every time you grapple something with the Grappling Hook.

Posted

I love the one where Link dives out of Epona's way in Twilight Princess, Wind Waker's ending, and in Phantom Hourglass when

Linebeck throws Link the sword and he does that dive roll thing then raises it to Bellum.

Posted

In Twilight Princess when link removes the master sword and the fog recedes.

Posted

Three cut scenes that are memorable to me are Midna's departure after beating Twilight Princess. The other two are from Majora's Mask. One after playing the Song of Healing for Pamela's father who was turning into a Gibdo. The other is right after playing the Song of Healing for the ghost of Darmani. All of these cutscenes touched me in a certain way only Zelda games can. :)

Posted

OoT:

When The door of time opens.

MM:

When Miku, or whatever the zora's name is, sings his songs.

TP, I have 3 favorites:

When Midna destroys the barrier, when Midna left Link, I thought thank God she's finally gone, and when Link kills Ganondorf and he's alive and just falls down.

WW, yes I liked on in WW for this one, ONE, reason:

When Link killed Ganondorf by sticking his sword between the eyes.

:evil:

Yup they're all in spoilers just in case.

Posted

I always liked the ending sequence for OoT. Other than that, I only really liked two others I can remember. One is right after jabu jabu's belly (OoT) and then the other is in TP, right before you enter the desert.

Posted

Two one is from LttP (it was my first Zelda game), and one from TP

LttP:Zelda is your... *cough*sister*cough*

And in TP when it's "Raining Illias" then when you see Link's expression. SO FUNNY