Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Begin impeachment process?

21 posts in this topic

Posted

In his defence, he didn't mean to lie about the WMDs in Iraq. He was given false information by the head of the CIA, and he was acting on what he was told was a serious threat. I do think we should have used less effort in Iraq and more in Afghanistan, but whatever. If we pull out, they'll probably collapse anyway because they have no government as of now. That is our fault. By "our" I mean the US government.

Posted

Why even try?

He's going to be out of office in a few months anyway. why not just wait?

Posted

QUOTE (Knuckle @ Jun 11 2008, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What Bush did was wrong, but reps. waiting until the best opportunity for them to take action is no better.

That has to be one of the most stupid and ignorant things I have ever heard. Though some of your other logic is more reasonable...

QUOTE (shadowknight @ Jun 12 2008, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In his defence, he didn't mean to lie about the WMDs in Iraq. He was given false information by the head of the CIA, and he was acting on what he was told was a serious threat.

You don't know that for sure. Even if that is true, if you are mislead you should come clean... You shouldn't just mislead people and then several years later say "Whoops, sorry." There is plenty of other false and intentionally misconstrued information that the Bush administration has provided to American citizens. Republicans will help republicans, and democrats will help democrats; That's just what happens. You don't know who is aiding who, when or where. There is always republican and democratic propaganda... It's hard to know what to believe. I find it more reliable to read news from other countries because it is generally not as biased.

As far as impeaching Bush, I don't think we should actually go through with it... but I definately think that we should initiate it. It's way too late in his term to do anything now, but doing this is significant in that shows that citizens have finally found their voice and are willing to stand up for what they believe in and stand against what they do not. Then again, it could also just be that the government is attempting to lead Americans into believing they have some sort of control in this situation... but that's pessimistic. Although I wouldn't doubt it. Ever since they showed frontline footage of Vietnam and the younger generation protested (and since the Watergate incident) the government has become much more secretive and selective in giving the public information.

Posted

Why haven't the American set fire to the white house and hanged the president?

Posted

QUOTE (eyeoftruth @ Jun 16 2008, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why haven't the American set fire to the white house and hanged the president?

Because then our own citizens when shoot us. There are still bush lovers. Mass media, the republican party, and organizations still tout his crap and label anyone against him against the country, not a patriot *gasp*, or worse. :wacko: People are finally starting to realize some of the crap Bush pulled... they are kind of slow though. Of the people that do care and get it, most are too apathetic or feel like it's hopeless.

The administration has done a good job of making 'patriotism' mandatory, which I hate. I think patriotism is a dangerous ideal to follow. It places your own country and its people in higher importance than others and creates a sense of division and superiority. It's more important to be in favor of all of humanity and what's better for THE WORLD than what's better for our country. There's more to humanity than America... although America usually only portrays the rest of the world as savages or evil (seriously).

The world and humanity as a whole is more important, despite what America feels.

Posted

QUOTE (Rumo of Zamonia @ Jun 11 2008, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the problem about the impeachment of bush is the fact that cheney is just as bad.

you guys are blaming the wrong guy

bush isnt the bad guy he is just the dumbass thats taking the fall

cheney is the real president and he is the one who is destroying our country

bush is too stupid to realize this and cheney is taking advantage of bush's connections