Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Last Day of School

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Nine years of going to one school. From Kindergarden - Grade 8.

Graduation was good. Some intense partying, laughs all around etc. The usual.

Today was my last day of school. Pretty much the last time I'd ever set foot in that school. I should have been 'huzzah-ing' and 'hooray-ing', but...

I sobbed. Bawled. Cried.

#1: I'm leaving the school I've spent (almost) my whole life at.

#2: So many of my friends are going to different schools for next year.

I thought, 'Today, I'll make memories! I'll take videos, pictures, and eat candy at the classroom party like crazy.' All went well, until the bell rang to go home and start summer.

Summer's supposed to be enjoyable, but today, I just feel like crap. :cry:

Sure, I'll have some of my best friends going to my high school, but a lot of them aren't.

I promised to keep in touch with those friends, but man, it's just hard to keep from crying right now.

My one friend, who shares a love of gaming and musicals with me, is going to a different school.

My other crazy, getting-drunk-on-life friend, is going to a different school.

And so many others.

Did any of you cry at your last day of Grade 8?

P.S: 2 of my friends who are leaving to other schools gave me awesome late b-day presents. If you guys are reading this, I'M MISSING YOU ALREADY! AND YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! We shall keep in touch.

It's just hard, y'know? :cry:

Posted (edited)

I know how you feel. *hug* Our schools are separated in 3. K-4th, 5th-8th, and then High School. So many of my friends went to the other middle school. But, ya know what? I made so many new friends from the other schools.

So don't think about leaving, think of it as an opportunity to make new friends and meet new people. :biggrin:

Things are always better tomorrow.

Edited by Cat Girl (see edit history)

Posted

Nine years of going to one school. From Kindergarden - Grade 8.

Graduation was good. Some intense partying, laughs all around etc. The usual.

Today was my last day of school. Pretty much the last time I'd ever set foot in that school. I should have been 'huzzah-ing' and 'hooray-ing', but...

I sobbed. Bawled. Cried.

#1: I'm leaving the school I've spent (almost) my whole life at.

#2: So many of my friends are going to different schools for next year.

I thought, 'Today, I'll make memories! I'll take videos, pictures, and eat candy at the classroom party like crazy.' All went well, until the bell rang to go home and start summer.

Summer's supposed to be enjoyable, but today, I just feel like crap. :cry:

Sure, I'll have some of my best friends going to my high school, but a lot of them aren't.

I promised to keep in touch with those friends, but man, it's just hard to keep from crying right now.

My one friend, who shares a love of gaming and musicals with me, is going to a different school.

My other crazy, getting-drunk-on-life friend, is going to a different school.

And so many others.

Did any of you cry at your last day of Grade 8?

P.S: 2 of my friends who are leaving to other schools gave me awesome late b-day presents. If you guys are reading this, I'M MISSING YOU ALREADY! AND YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! We shall keep in touch.

It's just hard, y'know? :cry:

Nope.

Also, olololololololol.

Posted

Well, in Australia it's kindergarten/prep, then primary school grade one to seven, then high school grade eight to twelve.

The big jump is between grade eight and seven.

Everyone was so concerned by the fact that I blubbered for the whole day, because I was practically the only one who cried and that normally I'm normally a hard-ass, no-feelings sort of a person.

I found it so hard - even though eleven out of sixteen of my class were going to the same high school as me, my two best friends weren't. I was depressed for a week.

Also, shut up Muff.

Posted

Nope.

Also, olololololololol.

Muffin, that was sort of mean. If you can't be more supportive of someone, then you should really just not say anything and move on.

Anyway, Saria. That must be hard for you to leave all of your friends like that. You'll meet new ones though. Plus, you still have some of the friends that are going to the same school as you next year.

Sadly though, I have no idea how you feel. I hated the people at my school and I'm very happy to have left.

I hope you feel a little happier tomorrow, Saria.

Posted

Oh I know what you mean.. when I finished... 12th grade, yeah, well, I have a different system. Let me think. :embarrassed:

I just finished High School and I start University in August, I'm going to miss a lot of my friends.

But, you know? Just as me, You'll keep in touch with those people that really are important, and you'll make new friends and it's going to be awesome, believe me. It's going to be. High School is one of the best stages in your life, or that's what I've heard, at least I really had a good time in High School.

Don't be sad, just keep calling your friends, and keep in touch with them, with time the friendship will grow, or maybe it will fade, but that's up to you, if you really want to see them, you'll be able to. :D

I send you a hug from here, and give us a smile girl! :D

Posted

I went to the same school for 9 years also. And a lot of my friends went to different high schools.

But don't worry Saria. High School is as bad as you make it. If you get involved and start meeting new friends then it will be a blast, but if you dwell too much on the past it will be harder to fall in love with your new school.

Stay in touch with your old friends and be excited to meet new ones. :)

Posted

It sounds like they were really great friends. I don't know how that feels, though, due to moving from school to school when I was younger. I switched schools at least 6 times.

High School is where some of the best years of your life are going to happen. New friends are sure to come your way.

Posted

I went to the same school for 9 years also. And a lot of my friends went to different high schools.

But don't worry Saria. High School is as bad as you make it. If you get involved and start meeting new friends then it will be a blast, but if you dwell too much on the past it will be harder to fall in love with your new school.

Stay in touch with your old friends and be excited to meet new ones. :)

I think you meant isn't.

Just stay in touch, and it'll be fine. I'm sure you'll feel better when you talk to them.

Posted

I think you meant isn't.

Just stay in touch, and it'll be fine. I'm sure you'll feel better when you talk to them.

Not really. I meant "If you make High School bad by not getting involved and having not too great of an attitude, it won't be very fun; but if you get involved with a bunch of clubs or sports and stuff and make new friends, then high school won't be bad at all." It's as bad as you make it.

Posted

Not really. I meant "If you make High School bad by not getting involved and having not too great of an attitude, it won't be very fun; but if you get involved with a bunch of clubs or sports and stuff and make new friends, then high school won't be bad at all." It's as bad as you make it.

Oh... :embarrassed: Sorry, I got it now.

Posted

Oh... :embarrassed: Sorry, I got it now.

Its fine. :)

Posted

I know how you feel. *hug* Our schools are separated in 3. K-4th, 5th-8th, and then High School. So many of my friends went to the other middle school. But, ya know what? I made so many new friends from the other schools.

So don't think about leaving, think of it as an opportunity to make new friends and meet new people. :biggrin:

Things are always better tomorrow.

Aw, thanks a lot, CG! =) *hugs back* I'll keep that in mind.

Nope.

Also, olololololololol.

Figures. Thanks for the comment anyways, Muff.

Well, in Australia it's kindergarten/prep, then primary school grade one to seven, then high school grade eight to twelve.

The big jump is between grade eight and seven.

Everyone was so concerned by the fact that I blubbered for the whole day, because I was practically the only one who cried and that normally I'm normally a hard-ass, no-feelings sort of a person.

I found it so hard - even though eleven out of sixteen of my class were going to the same high school as me, my two best friends weren't. I was depressed for a week.

Also, shut up Muff.

2 best friends? Wow, that's insanely similiar to my situation! Thanks a bunch, Jikklop. :)

Muffin, that was sort of mean. If you can't be more supportive of someone, then you should really just not say anything and move on.

Anyway, Saria. That must be hard for you to leave all of your friends like that. You'll meet new ones though. Plus, you still have some of the friends that are going to the same school as you next year.

Sadly though, I have no idea how you feel. I hated the people at my school and I'm very happy to have left.

I hope you feel a little happier tomorrow, Saria.

Yeah, well, Muff's just being Muff.

Yeah, it kind of was. The good thing is that I'm able to see my friends over this Summer, so I went over to one of their houses yesterday and it was fun. We all seemed a bit more stable of the situation, and we just promised ourselves that we would see each other a lot during the Summer.

And you're right, I still do have a lot of friends going to the same high school as me.

After I made the topic, I felt a lot better the next day. My brother helped me out by watching a funny movie with me (called Snatch. Didn't see the whole thing, but it involved British mafia, which is kinda funny.)

Thanks, UZF! =)

>>continued in next post

Posted

Oh I know what you mean.. when I finished... 12th grade, yeah, well, I have a different system. Let me think.

I just finished High School and I start University in August, I'm going to miss a lot of my friends.

But, you know? Just as me, You'll keep in touch with those people that really are important, and you'll make new friends and it's going to be awesome, believe me. It's going to be. High School is one of the best stages in your life, or that's what I've heard, at least I really had a good time in High School.

Don't be sad, just keep calling your friends, and keep in touch with them, with time the friendship will grow, or maybe it will fade, but that's up to you, if you really want to see them, you'll be able to.

I send you a hug from here, and give us a smile girl!

Aw, Zoe! *hugs back* Thanks. :') Yep, my friends and I are definately going to keep in touch (over the summer a lot, and on Youtube and on the phone during the school year.)

*gives you a smile* Lol.

Stay in touch with your old friends and be excited to meet new ones.

Thanks GM, it means a lot coming from you. :)

I'll be sure to get involved! Heck, at the high school I'm going to, they've got this film makers/editors club for the school *heavenly light shines down* Lol.

I'm definately staying in touch with my old friends (we all made a promise.) =')

Thanks for all of your posts, guys! They all made me really happy and feel a lot better about my situation. You're all awesome! :D

Posted (edited)

Dang that sucks Saria that two of your friends are goin to a different school :(

Edited by Spartan of Hylia (see edit history)