Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Comic/Anime Con Outfit

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Well yes, I'm goig to a Comic/anime con this August. (it's going to be AWESOME!)

Now, I originally planned to not wear a costume.

I changed my mind today. xD

Although my limits are to not be an anime character. Too much time to make the outfit, and I don't havve the money to buy a cosplay outfit. Plus, I'd just feel weird.

I was planning on being a videogame character (can you guess who? xD)

My brother and I went through many debates on who we could be: Mario + Luigi, Rosalina and Mario, Zant, Ganondorf etc.

I would TOTALLY dress up as Zant,. but I only have a month to make the costume.

Plus, dressing up as Saria would be less tedious to make, and it's not crazy or anything.

But I was also thinking of being a Brawl character (maybe, like, TP Zelda, or something. Lucario, maybe? xD)

I'm just deciding. IT'S TOO EXCITING TO NOT THINK OF THIS STUFF! xD

My three main picks at the moment:

1. Saria

2. TP Zelda

3. Zant (helmet version.)

Got any good suggestions? I will probably post a pic of me in my outfit after comic con in this topic (or in the 'Post Yourself' topic.)

Posted

Saria! :D Your Brother could dress up as Link, if he has time.

Posted

I agree. You should be Saria. :D

I want to go to a Anime con so bad now. XD

Posted

My cousin and I are maybe thinking of going to a con that's close to us. I'm going as Axel (hopefully) and him as Naruto. Tell me where the con is and if it's the same maybe we can try and meet at it.

Posted

Saria! :D Your Brother could dress up as Link, if he has time.

Lol knowing my brother, it'd probably be a flat-out "no."

He likes Zelda, but he'd rather be someone like 'The Joker' from the new upcoming Batman movie (The Dark Knight.)

Plus, he's going to be 20 years old soon. Doubt he'd do it. XD

But yes, Saria seems to be dominating on my list. XD

I agree. You should be Saria. :D

I want to go to a Anime con so bad now. XD

2 points for Saria costume! Yays. =)

And I'm sure you'll get to go to one someday. This is my first one, so it feels weird. XD My brother's gone once before, though.

My cousin and I are maybe thinking of going to a con that's close to us. I'm going as Axel (hopefully) and him as Naruto. Tell me where the con is and if it's the same maybe we can try and meet at it.

Sent the answer in a PM. =D

Posted

Aw, Da*n. Never too old for The Legend of Zelda, though! ^-^ Hmm... I guess all plans of matching are gone. XD

Posted

Nyah, I will go to an Anime con one day. >___> I will. As Ness. Screaming PK FIRE! at everyone. Although PK Flash would be more appropriate, seeing as he can actually use that move in EB. Whatever.

You should make a fairy to go with the costume! :D That'd be cool. Even cooler if you found a way to make it fly by your shoulder. But, I dunno. XD

Posted

Haha, good for you. :)

But, it ain't no Comic-Con. :P

Posted

I'd suggest Saria. It wouldn't be difficult to cosplay as her, and the materials needed are cheap if you don't already have them. Having done a Twilight Princesss version of Zelda myself, I would not suggest cosplaying her unless you have a MINIMUM of 3 months to work on the outfit, and that'd be rushing it. Same goes for Zant- the helmet would kill you without more time. To achieve best results, cosplay somebody you look similar to, at least in body type. If you're small and short, Saria, Agitha, or Imp Midna would be a good idea. If you're regular heigh to tall, True Form Midna or somebody like Anju, Malon/Cremia, or Hena would be a good idea.

What would be really neat, though, is if you put your own twist on things and did something like an "adult version" of Saria (something people always love), or take one of the many Princess Zelda designs and put your own style on them. Another good one would be Tetra, because she's easy to cosplay as, and the accessories are what really pull the costume together. Aryll is another easily recognizable character who's simple to cosplay as. Again, the accessories (alternate dress, telescope, seagull plushie) is what pulls the costume together.

Posted

Aw, Da*n. Never too old for The Legend of Zelda, though! ^-^ Hmm... I guess all plans of matching are gone. XD

Lol well there's always the power of forcing-him-to-wear-a-certain-costume. XD

Nyah, I will go to an Anime con one day. >___> I will. As Ness. Screaming PK FIRE! at everyone. Although PK Flash would be more appropriate, seeing as he can actually use that move in EB. Whatever.

You should make a fairy to go with the costume! :D That'd be cool. Even cooler if you found a way to make it fly by your shoulder. But, I dunno. XD

Fairy on the shoulder? BRILLIANT! I was also thinking of carrying around an Ocarina in a pouch or something (I gotta find my old Ocarina. It's buried somewhere in my basement. xD)

Lol I was just about to say that you would probably dress up as Ness if you went to an Anime Con. xD

Something tells me I'll be humming Saria's song at the Convention lol.

I'd suggest Saria. It wouldn't be difficult to cosplay as her, and the materials needed are cheap if you don't already have them. Having done a Twilight Princesss version of Zelda myself, I would not suggest cosplaying her unless you have a MINIMUM of 3 months to work on the outfit, and that'd be rushing it. Same goes for Zant- the helmet would kill you without more time. To achieve best results, cosplay somebody you look similar to, at least in body type. If you're small and short, Saria, Agitha, or Imp Midna would be a good idea. If you're regular heigh to tall, True Form Midna or somebody like Anju, Malon/Cremia, or Hena would be a good idea.

What would be really neat, though, is if you put your own twist on things and did something like an "adult version" of Saria (something people always love), or take one of the many Princess Zelda designs and put your own style on them. Another good one would be Tetra, because she's easy to cosplay as, and the accessories are what really pull the costume together. Aryll is another easily recognizable character who's simple to cosplay as. Again, the accessories (alternate dress, telescope, seagull plushie) is what pulls the costume together.

Very valid points, Zeruda! And it's good to hear advice from someone who's cosplayed as a character from Legend of Zelda.

Well I'm not really short, but I think I could look alright as Saria. =) Or Malon, either or.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! =D

Posted

I think you should go as Saria. Fairly easy and effective costume, just head to the charity shops and buy green things!

Alternatively, go as Zelda but take inspiration from Wind Waker. Still obvious who you are, but the costume is a hell of a lot simpler than TP!

Posted

Well, I think Saria would be the best option.

Not to mention it'd probably be most logical.

Posted

OoH! Teenage Saria?

Posted

OoH! Teenage Saria?

I guess so. xD

Well, Saria's winning the most votes. I'd better start on my costume, then. =)

Posted

No. You will dress as Falbi. >:(