Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 reasons why Link has a Green Tunic. And why he has his hat :D

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Obviously, Link has a green tunic. There are 2 reasons why he has it. Which one is the main one?

1. Link lived with the Korkiri, which all wore green. Because they favoured the Green God, Faron.

2. In the Minish Cap, Link had the green tunic for the Hero of Men wore it before him. I forget the name, but it started with a G.

WHY HE HAS THAT HAT!!!

Apparently, according to someone elses theory, Minish Cap comes in first in the storyline. When Link finds the Bird, he puts it on his head. Later, I beleive a old lady gives it to him. 'Here, it suits you, young Link,' You may already know this. Zzz

Posted

The general concensus is that Minish cap just set the standard for how link was dressed. However, Faron is not a god, nor is it a spirit that the Kokiri believed in, that would be the Deku tree if anyone. The Kokiri most likely wore green simply because they liked it and not for any reason in particular.

Posted

The general concensus is that Minish cap just set the standard for how link was dressed. However, Faron is not a god, nor is it a spirit that the Kokiri believed in, that would be the Deku tree if anyone. The Kokiri most likely wore green simply because they liked it and not for any reason in particular.

Thats probably true.

Posted

Green is a foresty colour and it would make sense that foresty type people would wear it...

Posted

The Kokiri were inspired by Peter Pan, just saying.

Who wore a green tunic and weird pointed hat.

And the Kokiri were children forever "unless they left the forest, doing so would kill them", (People in Neverland apparently never grew old unless they left it), sooo...

Anyways, Minish Cap is not first, please stop saying it, good day to you...

Sahaqiel

Posted

Anyways, Minish Cap is not first, please stop saying it, good day to you...

Sahaqiel

Wait. . . why not?

Oh Gustaf was the hero before Minish Cap Link and Ezlo is the one who tells him that the hat suits him.

Posted

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/zelda-...dition-1-a.html

My pinky and index finger are getting tired of copypasting this for your guys.

Scroll down, it's there somewhere...

In case the link is broken or something, here's some of the points brought up in my own words...

The main one is that when you're in the city in the sky or whatever it's called in TMC, Hyrule is a speck in a gigantic ocean. This is a clear pointer at post flood placement. Further, lack of knowledge of the Triforce didn't happen until after Wind Waker, where they're referred to as "The Golden Triumph Forks". There's a book on the "Golden Triumph Forks" in Hyrule's library during TMC. This is a Wind Waker reference, when the fishmen told you of rumors of the "Forks", referring to the Triforce. Another thing is that the races of Hyrule come into play, like Gorons. In OoT, they were prosperous. They even had cities. But in TMC, there were about ten, which implies their race is recovering. In the events of Wind Waker, there were only three Gorons in the Great Sea, and in Phantom Hourglass, they had an isolated island.

The Great Deku Tree says that he's served the land for ages, and if so, where the frick is he in TMC?

The most wooded area in TMC is the Minish Woods, but there's no Deku Tree.

In Ocarina of Time, there were barely any trees past the Kokiri Forest. So why, if TMC is before OoT, would everything be wooded? Did all of Hyrule burn down twice or something? Also, there is massive evidence of Octoroks originally being primarily water based creatures, but slowly evolving to their land forms. In TMC, they were obviously late in land development. Why would they go from land dwelling creatures in TMC, then evolve into water based in OoT, only to go back to land-based in later games, like the Oracles? The characters' evolution also places a role here. Most people in TMC are dominantly human, as in, they only have rounded ears. Hylians were originally dominant during the events of OoT, and gradually went to human like in WW, where there is a massive lack of Hylians.

Also, the stained glass window depicted WW form Moblins.

There's really not enough evidence as to why the hero wears the green hat and tunic. The primary theory would be that OoT came first, (Which is where it's placed in many theories, since Shiggy said so himself during the development of OoT) and that the Kokiri's tunics set the standard. As for Gustaf, in Wind Waker, it said that it was customary to dress boys in green upon the age they became men or whatnot on certain islands, so they could go on their own adventures. Who's to say Gustaf wasn't just one of these boys?

Sahaqiel

Posted

So your suggesting that Minish Cap took place in the new lands found by Link and Tetra?

Posted

An old lady ? Lol, I gotta tell that one to Ezlo. He'll hate you forever. And that's what Sahaquiel is saying, yes. It makes sense that the tradition would be there, too, as on Link's home island, Outset, it was customary, and he was king of a new land, so probably decided that it ought to be continued.

Posted

*Coughcough* Sahaqiel *Coughcough*

And yes, postflood games are normally considered part of "New Hyrule".

I mean, TMC's geography isn't even that similar to OoT's.

Sahaqiel

Posted

That's true. Well, you've convinced me. But it must be way post flood. They've established a monarchy and have ancient legends and everything. Do you think the Minish exsisted pre-flood?

Posted

Heh heh, ever wonder where those pre-flood ever-generating bushes with hearts and rupees came from? The midgits have been here loooooong before you humans ever were.

Posted

I've got another argument for why MC has to take place before OoT or after PH. Zelda doesn't have the triforce of Wisdom. That means MC either takes place before she obtained it (OoT) or after she lost it (WW).

Posted

I've got another argument for why MC has to take place before OoT or after PH. Zelda doesn't have the triforce of Wisdom. That means MC either takes place before she obtained it (OoT) or after she lost it (WW).

They're not the same Zelda, though. This is irrelevant.

Minish Cap is ridiculously unlikely to be before Ocarina of Time.

Sahaqiel

Posted

heh I can't help feelin bad for Sahaqiel... I'm sure he can't wait for Nintendo to release a master timeline so he doesn't have to copy-paste that little snippet every time someone says MC comes b4 OoT :P