Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

before

34 posts in this topic

Posted

This I can believe, seeing how Ganondorf totally trashed Hyrule Castle and the Marketplace during the 7 years where Link was in stasis for OoT.

True....and the Castle basically crumbled when Link fought the final battle against Ganon. But, though Castle Town was a bit messy, what with people leaving their pet ReDeads all over the street, it was never destroyed. But that would only apply to the Adult time-line, would it not? Which time-line is TP (supposedly) following...? I don't know much about the time-line theories.

Posted

What does this have to do with TP being before OoT, which is completely impossible through most logical standpoints based on events within the game?

Seriously.

Sahaqiel

Posted

What does this have to do with TP being before OoT, which is completely impossible through most logical standpoints based on events within the game?

Seriously.

Sahaqiel

Nothing. The idea of TP being pre-OoT was shot down and stamped upon at the beginning of the thread, so discussion has simply run freeeee.......

Posted

True....and the Castle basically crumbled when Link fought the final battle against Ganon. But, though Castle Town was a bit messy, what with people leaving their pet ReDeads all over the street, it was never destroyed. But that would only apply to the Adult time-line, would it not? Which time-line is TP (supposedly) following...? I don't know much about the time-line theories.

If I remember correctly, TP follows the Child Timeline; it's been said that when Link returned back to his own time after defeating Ganondorf as Adult Link, Link approached Zelda and informed her that Ganondorf needed to be dealt with before he destroyed Hyrule; he was arrested and was to be executed but he couldn't be executed no matter how hard their executioner(s) tried, and the Water Sage was killed in the struggle. So they banished him to the Twilight Realm and the rest from there is all chronicled (spelling?) in the events of the game itself.

Posted

If I remember correctly, TP follows the Child Timeline; it's been said that when Link returned back to his own time after defeating Ganondorf as Adult Link, Link approached Zelda and informed her that Ganondorf needed to be dealt with before he destroyed Hyrule; he was arrested and was to be executed but he couldn't be executed no matter how hard their executioner(s) tried, and the Water Sage was killed in the struggle. So they banished him to the Twilight Realm and the rest from there is all chronicled (spelling?) in the events of the game itself.

?? It doesn't say anything about Link returning from Termina.

The gist of it is that Ganondorf, in the child timeline, didn't try to imprison Hyrule in the same way as he did in the Adult timeline, instead just getting arrested for rebelling in some other form. Link might have never returned from Termina.

Sahaqiel

Posted

That's what I had thought, but then why are there no remains of the original castle? And in the Hyrule of OoT, Castle Town/Hyrule Castle were in the middle of Hyrule, and they still are in TP. Not to mention, the Lost Woods was nowhere near the original Temple of Time. And if one believes the Lost Woods eventually became the Sacred Grove area, then....what up? :huh:

MAYBE...

Now I'm just speculating here...

PERHAPS...

There's a POSSIBILITY...

That, contrary to popular belief,

the game developers didn't want to put everything in the same place...

Because that would be BORING and PREDICTABLE.

Just a thought. =D

Posted

im glad my topic is getting a lot of posts(hope i didn't jinx it)

Posted

im glad my topic is getting a lot of posts(hope i didn't jinx it)

I think you did. :huh:

Posted

Yeah, it's a bit successful, but,

these posts have nothing to do with your original post that was already disproven anyway.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

:offtopic:

Yeah, it's a bit successful, but,

these posts have nothing to do with your original post that was already disproven anyway.

Sahaqiel

Speaking of that, We're getting :offtopic:

I think that the lack of remains from hyrule castle town in Oot is odd, but it could have been deeper into the forest than they cared to design. plus, considering the state of the Temple of Time, It could also be safe to asume that they eroded to a severe extent. by that I mean to almost dissapearing.

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

Yeah, uh, Roflcopter, no multiple posting. This is common sense.

Also, what?

What do you MEAN?

I think that the lack of remains from hyrule castle town in Oot is odd, but it could have been deeper into the forest than they cared to design.

What??

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

I think you did. :huh:

Yeah, he did. :>__>:

sorry...

first of all, I just signed up two days ago, give me a break.

second of all, I meant that while Oot's castle town didn't show up in the sacred grove, it may have been deeper in the forest.

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

You just double posted... again.

I just told you not to multiply post. You knew, and still did it. There's an edit button. ;/

C'mon, now.

Anyways, I'm for the option that they just moved Hyrule Castle Town and left behind the Temple.

Or something.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I say time and time again, Ganondorf could not simply have been arrested, leading to the events of tp. One of two things would've happened.

1)Ganondorf was exiled from Hyrule back to the desert, but eventually built up an army and attacked hyrule. However, from this position, he was beaten and THEN the sages tried to seal him in the sacred realm.

2)Ganondorf attacked as he did in the adult timeline, however this time the kingdom had the warning of his attack and such was beaten this time.

This is steming from the fact part of the cutscene showing ganondorf's imprisonment says he led a huge army from the desert.

Posted

I think that the lack of remains from hyrule castle town in Oot is odd, but it could have been deeper into the forest than they cared to design.

Ugh....why is it that I care about this five million times more than the game designers do....? :cry: It's like they don't want us to have fun.