Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Racism!

61 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey, guys.

I don't get all the rasicm these days. I don't see a point in it, it's just stupid. :joy:

DISCUSS!!!

Posted

People are racists.

Posted

It's true! I hate white people. :joy:

Posted

It's true! I hate white people. :joy:

really? why?

But seriously, everybody's racist at some level.

Posted

Dude, I'm just kidding.

1. I'm white

2. I'm mormon :joy:

Posted

Dude, I'm just kidding.

1. I'm white

2. I'm mormon :joy:

Shut up you stupid Goron!

Posted

It's true though. We're all just a little bit racist on the inside. It's just that some people take it to some ugly extremes.

I'll be the first to admit that I do have some racial tendencies and discriminatory or prejudicial moments. Is it something I'm proud of? Of course not. But I'm not about to lie through my virtual keyboard and become a hypocrite by calling someone out for racism, when I'm really no different.

Posted (edited)

I hate racism but like you said SirJoshizzle, we just can't help it, but some people take it too far. I've never really met a real racist, but I never want to.

I've seen racism in computer games though. Sort of. I never pay attention to GTA, but I'm sure there's some in there. But if you've ever played The Elder Scrolls IV, there's a bit of racism in there, I'm usually an argonian character, swamp lizard kind of thing but the body of a human with scales and fins etc and when i walk through the streets sometimes people call me 'pond scum' I'm pretty sure that's a racist remark in that world. And the countess in Layawiin wants to rid the town of all the argonians and kajiit.F'ing racist.

Edited by Jesus (see edit history)

Posted

Oh I've met real racists, and they're all caverns. I personally have friends from all "races"; I actually don't like calling it that.

Posted

Almost all my friends in real life are Asian. It probably might be because I live in a very ethnically homogenous community where almost everyone is Filipino. I'd hate for it to be is some subconscious ethnic selection.

Posted

Almost all my friends in real life are Asian. It probably might be because I live in a very ethnically homogenous community where almost everyone is Filipino. I'd hate for it to be is some subconscious ethnic selection.

I live in the heart of Oslo, so it's very multiracial.

Posted

Neither do I even though that's acceptable. People say to call them 'ethnic minorities' but I still don't like it. They're just people.

I only know one black person, no Asian people, four Polish people, one Greek person, one Italian person and... that's it.

Posted

I live in the heart of Oslo, so it's very multiracial.

When I think about it, all the places I've lived have been overwhelmingly Asian: Hawaii (the only place in the US where a minority--in this case, Asians--outnumber white people), Japan (roughly 98% of the population is Japanese), and the Philippines (the largest ethnic groups aside from Filipinos are Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese and Korean).

Japanese people in particular tend to be rather racist or discriminatory, primarily because Japan's isolated itself for roughly five hundred years of its history. One could be a naturalized citizen, speak the language fluently, and know all facets of the culture, but if you don't look the part, you're still treated as an outsider (I know from experience, as I don't look the most Japanese compared to my brother who does). The Japanese constitution bars all racial discrimination, but there are no actual methods of enforcement or identified hate crimes, which pretty much defeats the whole purpose of it. There are even some buildings that don't allow access to foreigners unless accompanied by a Japanese.

Posted

Neither do I even though that's acceptable. People say to call them 'ethnic minorities' but I still don't like it. They're just people.

exactly! That's the heart of racism right there; once we start counting the difference, calling people different names based on their colour of skin.

Posted

I grew up and still am living around a lot of Hispanics. My family has had to put of with racism and discrimination from time to time, and I hate it. It's usually holding my family back from jobs, which is why my parents are struggling to keep our house.

I think I picked up a little racism towards the blacks...I tend to feel uncomfortable around some. Of all racist jokes, I usually laugh the hardest at the black jokes as well.