Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Timeline Dead End... Need Clarification :(

26 posts in this topic

Posted

I dunno about you guys, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around what games come after TP and WW/PH in their respective split timelines... in my timeline I'm trying to piece together, I can't seem to figure out what older games would follow the two I mentioned because

At the end of Twilight Princess, the Triforce of Power fades from Ganondorf's hand as he's dying, and after Zant breaks his own neck, Ganondorf slumps over (presumably) dead. If that's the case, how are we supposed to tie in the games if he's dead at the end of TP? This is one dead end I've come across, no pun intended.

Another dead end scenario is Ganondorf's fate at the end of WW. The Master Sword is buried in his forehead, and he's turned to stone atop the tower of Hyrule Castle. If the Master Sword's buried in his forehead and he's turned to stone at the bottom of the ocean, exactly how the hell is he supposed to break free and cause trouble for Hyrule in the other games?

This is what my timeline looks like so far (minus the other games until I figure out where to place them); tell me what you think.

Adult: MC, FS, OoT, WW, PH,

Child: MC, FS, OoT, MM, TP,

Again,

I put MC/FS at the beginning of the timeline, seeing as this is "said" to be the first time a boy like Link displays the traits of the hero of Hyrule by defeating Vaati and sealing him in the Four Sword (MC). Vaati is freed at one point (FS) but he is again defeated by Link and sealed into the blade.

Now, with FSA it's a little hard to determine where it fits because not only is Vaati back, but now he's got Ganon (pig form) on his side. I'm assuming FSA would have to be after TP "somehow" because Ganondorf's now in perma-pig form. Could he have been revived somehow after being cursed/forced to stay in pig-form for all eternity?

I have a strong feeling that the Adult Timeline ends after PH. With Ganondorf in stone and separated from his part of the Triforce, it's unlikely he'll return to cause trouble in that timeline. Unless some wacky plan some X years in the future where Hyrule is drained of all water and somehow Ganondorf is accidentally broken free; there's no likelihood that this timeline will continue on.

Until I get some clearer insight on that "dead end" problem I mentioned, I have no idea where to place the older games (LTTP, LA, OoA/OoS, LoZ, AoL) or FSA :(

Any additions or ideas to this post would be appreciated and welcomed :)

Posted

You need to play more Zelda.

Also, MC is not first, FSA is DEFINITELY not second, etc. etc.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/zelda-...dition-1-a.html

My pinky and index finger are getting tired of copypasting this for your guys.

Scroll down, it's there somewhere...

In case the link is broken or something, here's some of the points brought up in my own words...

There's really not enough evidence as to why the hero wears the green hat and tunic. The primary theory would be that OoT came first, (Which is where it's placed in many theories, since Shiggy said so himself during the development of OoT) and that the Kokiri's tunics set the standard. As for Gustaf, in Wind Waker, it said that it was customary to dress boys in green upon the age they became men or whatnot on certain islands, so they could go on their own adventures. Who's to say Gustaf wasn't just one of these boys?

Sahaqiel

Also, Ganondorf always finds a way out, as evidenced by OoX, WW, etc. etc.

Also, wrong section.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Methinks that if the split-timeline exists, then TP is the end of one timeline, and TWW is the end of the other.

Posted (edited)

Methinks that if the split-timeline exists, then TP is the end of one timeline, and TWW is the end of the other.

Alright guys it makes a lot more sense for me now where TMC would fit in the timeline. Maybe now I can finally figure out where all the other games in the series follow after TMC :)

And besides I don't know how much more Zelda I can possibly play... I've beaten each game in the series at least twice now, however I'm guessing I should've analyzed the story of each game more thorough and catch the imporant things I missed that could've tied the games together for me...

Edited by DorkLink (see edit history)

Posted

Actually, both Oracles seem to be near the end. Ancient Hyrule Castle is found, and apparently, it's been abandoned long enough to house the Triforce without anyone finding it. This is obvious post flood. Octoroks are very late in land development, etc. etc.

Twilight Princess is probably is near LttP, since they're not only similar in concept and plot, but are also similar in environment.

;aksdf

Sahaqiel

Posted

They're very late in land development? They look the same in every single game what difference is there from Ages to Seasons, Seasons to Legend of Zelda, Legend of Zelda to Link's Awakening, Link's Awakening to Minish Cap. THERE IS NOTHING.

Posted

Water-based Octoroks are near the beginning of the timeline. They didn't develop land capabilities until later, in theory.

Sahaqiel

Posted

That had nothing to do with what I said.

Posted

"Very late" is used when they have four legs instead of eight or six or whatever it was in LttP.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

They never had eight or six legs in A Link to the Past, gosh damnit. They have four.

Why'd you delete my post, by the waaaaaaaaaaaay I know that's supposed to go at the beginning of the sentence but this is the Interneeeeeet

Edited by Fierce Muffin (see edit history)

Posted

I'm not big on timeline stuff because I just don't have the urge to analyze all extremely minute bits of evidence and compile them into a reasonable answer. I can, however, spot flawed arguments exceptionally well. Observe:

Water-based Octoroks are near the beginning of the timeline. They didn't develop land capabilities until later, in theory.

Sahaqiel

The Wind Waker is very near the end of one timeline, but Octoroks are water-based. Your argument is flawed. It's because Octoroks would be hard to translate from their 2-D form to their 3-D form without looking like squid guys, and squid guys live in the water. My argument is not flawed. Yours, however, is.

Also,

Twilight Princess is probably is near LttP

YOUR ELITE-O-METER GOT BIG REDUCTION.

Posted

I'm not sure if I'm following the main point of the Octorok water-as-apposed-to-land-base argument (?), but WW has water-based Octos, and you see lots of land-based Octoroks in PH... they look awfully similar to the ones you see in TMC... I suppose you could say they even look like the ones you see in LttP...

I'm just pointing that out in case it has any merit in what's been said thus far...

Posted

Wait, what did they look like in Phantom Hourglass? Post pics, please.

Posted

alright... yipe, you're gonna have to gimme a sec while i track down a pic then figure out how to post them on this site... i'll do so as soon as i figure that out, i promise :)

Posted

Your Elite-O-Meter will got big reduce. >(

And WW is actually considered earlier in the timeline.

OoT -- MM -- TP/WW is normally how it goes.

Since there are no other Links in between WW and OoT/MM, then that would mean most of the other Zeldas go after WW, and since Ganondorf is reborn about a hundred years later, then there is no Ganondorf in between.

Wind Waker may seem like it's late, but that's only because it states that it's after OoT. Contrary to most beliefs, it seems that WW is very close to the beginning.

Old Hyrule didn't last very long.

Sahaqiel