Well this just sucks.

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Here's the story:

Last year I had to miss the homecoming dance, banquet (dance), arcade night, a few of my tennis matches, and pretty much every other school event because my parents made me go with them out to the ranch. Don't get me wrong, I love our ranch. I just wish I could participate in school events a bit more.

Also, the only way that I could possibly ask a girl out is to ask her to a dance, and that can't happen because we're never in town. That has to do with the mindset of my mom, but I won't go into that.

Anyway, the process seems to be repeating itself this year. Once again I have to miss the homecoming football game and dance because of the ranch. What's worse is that my parents promised that they would make time for me to go, yet they didn't. I guess I won't get to do anything untill I can drive.

Posted

Tell them that they made you a promise and to stick to it.

Posted

kill them.

Posted

Remind them. If they forget again, remind the a second time. If that fails, tell them your situation and that you cannot socially develop if you don't go to more of these kinds of things. That's what I would do. Use guilt. Guilt is god's gift to you ^-^ .