Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Windows vs. Mac

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Microsoft and Apple have been battling it out since the beginning of time. Personally, I like Windows mostly because I have always used it. (Not to mention the fact that the Mac commercials are somewhat mean) Everything that I know about computers I know about Windows (I consider myself a bit of a computer geek) Here you can discuss which operating system you would choose between the two of them (assuming you had to choose one) and why.

Posted

I posted this somewhere else but i had to post it here to

Posted

All PCs win end of story.

Posted

I voted both. Windows is more widely supported and has some good appz (it's my choice if I could only have one of the two) but I bet Mac is fun to use. I've never used one, though, so I don't know.

Posted

I voted both too for no reason

and A.F. I'm sorry about your egg, I didn't know it was sick.

Posted

Edited poll so that Mac-lovers can actually vote without saying, "Well...I guess Macs are OK," while Windows-users get "Windows is obviously better". Also, I added "I honestly don't care".

Because that is where I stand- I neither know nor care which is better, though I've used Windows all my life and thusly know how to use them correctly; I'm sure that I could figure a Mac out, though, given a few minutes with one.

Posted

"I know that Windows Vista is messed up, but does Mac really need to poke fun at PC in every commercial?

That's like the kid with one leg poking fun at the kid with one arm."

Sahaqiel

Posted

Macs, even though I use a PC. They're just more user friendly, more secure and faster, and everything new Vista brought to Windows last year, OS X has been doing pretty much since it first came out some three or four years ago. When I get a laptop, I want for it to be a MacBook. If Macs were compatible with the same games and programs XP/Vista is, Leopard would be the ultimate OS.

Probably the only complaint I have about Macs and MacBooks is that they're around three or four hundred dollars more expensive than a PC or a VAIO. But then again, you're paying for the extra aesthetic and the name brand when you buy Apple products.

Posted

This isn't a good argument, PS3 vs XBOX360 is a funnier argument... in fact.

Posted

I take back part of my argument, as Macs can run Windows. Natively. Boot Camp and Parallels, lovers. :3

I find it ironic and hilarious that XP and Vista runs better on a Mac than it does on a PC. And yes, I've tried this.

Posted

Mac. I love having boot camp, just pick if i want leperd or if i want xp when i start up, and my xp does in fact run much better on my macbook pro than on the dell inspiron i used to have.

Posted

VISTA VISTA WISTA.

Posted

macs are sexier.

Posted

No really, What's the difference?

Posted

"The only thing good about Vista is that even the viruses have compatibility issues."

"A:Name one thing my Mac can't do that your Windows can.

B:Right click."

(Still, Windows XP for the win.)

Sahaqiel