Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Boosting the big bang!

46 posts in this topic

Posted

This doesn't prove there's no God, wtf, man.

Thank you, Saha. :D

This is perdy cool though. I want to talk to my chemistry teacher about this.

Posted

The experiment that was conducted today proved nothing important, just that we can make a particle move really fast. There were no collisions today, and therefore no support for the big bang. There won't be a collision for about 30 more days, and even that seems to soon.

Anyway, even is the tests are successful that doesn't prove that God doesn't exist. I don't want to turn this into a new religion topic, though, so I won't go into it here.

Posted

I say we should try it and see what happens. The chance of something going wrong is extremely minuscule. And the chance of something going wrong and having negative effects on anything outside the facility is much, much, much more minuscule almost to the extent that its a scientific impossibility. I hardly think humans at this day and age have the capabilities to even come close to creating a black hole, even if they really wanted to. The scientists that created this machine do not all have death wishes - it is in their best interests to stay alive. So they would not have created a doomsday device.

There is still so much we don't know about the universe so I say its worthwhile even if it only gives us clues and not answers. I dont like that the video above demonizes the device and is against its test being run. It makes it sound evil simply because its pushing into an unknown direction.

I agree with shadowknight, even if the test is a sucess and shows us some secrets about atoms and such, it does not disprove religion.

I find it impressive enough that they have been able to make particles almost go the speed of light.

Posted

I was hearing this on the news yesterday night, I think. I personally don't know much about it, except the possible risks we are taking doing this project.

Posted

Ugh.

This topic.

Posted

yes it is all in the name of science. i was okay with it. WAS. until i saw that Gordan Freeman was one of the scientists there!

PROOF!

we. are. screwed.

Posted

I said something like this in religion topic, and said this, but now it's true. Now I can say there is no god. So yeah. I was right for once.

There never was a "Big Bang".... they didn't even proof it yet... only testing... nothing done yet...

And there is a god!

Posted

Personally I can't help but think we're all screwed... once you start dabbling in the unknown, there's no telling what kind of negative outcome or reaction you'll have with what you're trying to do... all it takes is one miscalculation during this experiment and we, and possibly the planet itself, may just go the way of the dinosaur... :(

Posted

I'm interested to find out what happens. Personally, I don't know much about the Big Bang or how the universe works, but in essence, if the experiment does create a 'mini universe,' wouldn't that only prove that the Big Bang is a possibility, not something that definitely happened?

Posted

Good point....

and if I'm not mistaken....what happened to only reading the news? EH?????

Posted

This is possibly the most unintelligent and uninformed thread I've read on this or any other topic, and not just in this forum, ever. Although since YLA posts in every thread on the forum, it's hard to judge.

No scientists are claiming that the Big Bang disproves religion.

That's a blanket statement, so let me correct myself; some may be, but their beliefs are fueled by the existance of religion, when the problem is entirely a non-religious matter and shouldn'd have religion brought into it to begin with. We're not looking to prove or disprove God, since that alone would be an impossible task. We are only trying to determine what happened at the start of the universe. Those of you who are religious are drawing your own conclusions from it, and thus creating your own problem. (Look at the post below mine for an example of this.) Meanwhile, we sit idly by and watch hadrons smash together, twiddle our thumbs, take notes, and say, "Hey, what are the fundies doing over there, how cute" while you roll around screaming SCIENCE KILLS GOD and THE APOCOLYPSE DRAWS NIGH.

tl;dr: we are too busy figuring out how the universe works to care if you're doubting your belief structure.

Posted

The Lord is real, I'm a christian, and the "big bang" is fake, just look at logic! In Turkey there's a mountain called Ararat and if you look in the bible genesis chapter 9 is t talks about Noah's ark, for over 100 years there's bin siting of the ark, just look at logic!!!!!!!!!! Science has proof of the Lord!!!

Posted

Please.

Posted

OK, lets see it like this:

God created the universe with a Big Bang! :tongue:

:applause2:

Posted

and if that tiny chance does com through then maby the universe will start again and go better than it did this time(as in globle warming might not happen or we mighte end up as hyrule :unsure: )