New Old - school games

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Little Big World is going to be one of the best games ever made. I've been looking forward to it for a while. I just need a PS3...

Posted (edited)

Like I said. It's a matter of opinion. I think it looks brilliant personally. ^-^

And Chameleon, Little big world?

I already have a PS3, I'm waiting for Fallout just now. Can't wait! :joy:

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Like I said. It's a matter of opinion. I think it looks brilliant personally. ^-^

Whoops! I always call it that on accident. lol... DX

I have never played a Fallout game, but I think I might get the new one, eventually. It looks pretty good.

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

I said I thought it looked (well, actualls plays) brilliant, I just thought it wasn't right to have the depth in there as well

Also, a point I wanted to make to Luneth: have you tried getting all 120 (242 if you're going to get picky) stars? there are some really savage ones in there that are much harder than anything on super mario 64.

Posted

Getting all the stars is hellish. But that's off-topic. And you recently locked a topic for that and I don't want this topic to go the same way.

Little Big Planet looks brilliant though. It's maybe one of the games that will turn some people towards the PS3 hopefully. Like Metal Gear Solid 4, which turned me towards PS3. And I'll never go back. ^-^

Posted

In a sense....to me....the PS3 is like a Wii/360 combination....Good graphics (360)....Online free (Wii)...Hard Drive.....(360)....

I'm sure there are others but those are the ones I can think of right now.

Posted

I'm not fond of the Playstation controllers... I think the 360 really has it down. It's very ergonomic and easy to use. I also think the PS3 could use better games. I get a weird, sort of "hardcore gaming" vibe from their lineup...

Posted

I said I thought it looked (well, actualls plays) brilliant, I just thought it wasn't right to have the depth in there as well

Also, a point I wanted to make to Luneth: have you tried getting all 120 (242 if you're going to get picky) stars? there are some really savage ones in there that are much harder than anything on super mario 64.

Yes i got all 242 stars on Galaxy

and the only star that was hard was "Luigi's 100 purple coins" that was the only one i thought to be hard

Posted

Uh...what about Super Mario Galaxy?

Points for who can find the hidden message.

U R MR GAY. I WIN!!!

Posted

lol, i remember that on the box, I wonder which staff member put that on there...

Posted (edited)

In a sense....to me....the PS3 is like a Wii/360 combination....Good graphics (360)....Online free (Wii)...Hard Drive.....(360)....

I'm sure there are others but those are the ones I can think of right now.

The controller's has a built in rechargeable battery. (PS3 only)

The controller is motion sensitive. (Wii)

I'm not fond of the Playstation controllers... I think the 360 really has it down. It's very ergonomic and easy to use. I also think the PS3 could use better games. I get a weird, sort of "hardcore gaming" vibe from their lineup...

I prefer the PS3 controllers. So what if the Xbox controller is a little more comfortable (for you) but I think the fact that the PS3 controller is lighter and is motion sensitive makes up for it.

And before you say 'the motion sensitive controller isn't used' I have to argue. It is used. Just very rarely I'll admit. But if you've ever played Ratchet and Clank on PS3, it absolutely nailed it. The motion sensitive is always forgotten when thinking of the PS3. It's one of the things that makes Ratchet and Clank impossible on the Xbox.

I can't wait for Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Just thought I'd mention it.

Oh crap. Off topic... Sorry.

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

I wish that FFXIII was the exclusive one, not Versus :( I never really liked FF games, but I adored the gameplay in KH, so Versus sounds great to me.

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

Oh well. The way things seem to have been going recently, I wouldn't put it past Square Enix to put it on Xbox too.